Equestrian Influencers

Visit site
I saw this thread on another forum and thought it would be good to have a HHO version.

Whiones do you follow and which ones can’t you stand?!

youtube - I like watching pony_nuts and Harlow and Popcorn the pony
And have started watching a bit of Matt Harnacke. I do watch thisesme but her videos haven’t been very interesting lately.

Can’t stand Erin Williams, J have tried to get into the videos but she seems to love herself!

Instagram - I really like frankies_ponies. Very refreshing and lovely to see a little girl respecting and enjoying her ponies.

Can’t stand Kizzy and Ettie’s pony adventures and made a constructive comment on a video and got blocked!

stangs

Visit site
The ones I liked on instagram when I used it were: sandrafreeriding, pantherflows, and sdequus, also dogminded on the non-equestrian front. None of them feel like influencers though, more like educators of a sort.

I'll refrain from saying who I can't stand, because I'd probably end up running out of space to list all the names!

Visit site
Excuse my blatant and awful noiseness, but what was the comment about?

I saw a video where they were climbing all over the ponies backs and jumping up and down in their little boots right over the loin area behind the saddle (which is very sensitive). Now I realise they obviously aren’t very heavy but I just commented that teaching children this is ok to do is wrong - they should be taught to treat the ponies with respect and not use them as a trampoline. It didn’t go down well, is all I will say. ?

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I enjoyed the Kizzy and Ettie when it first came out but not now. I saw the comments about jumping on their backs and didn’t think it was an unreasonable thing to say and it’s very petty if you got blocked. There was also another woman who said the ponies were obese which they were and she got lynched as well. I can’t stand the gushing and fawning over every little thing they do and this latest idea of having tea with the precious unicorns and a groom then go on a wander around the woods for 90 minutes at the princely sum of £120 is daylight robbery. There are so many other things I could mention but I will get off my soapbox now ?

Visit site
I enjoyed the Kizzy and Ettie when it first came out but not now. I saw the comments about jumping on their backs and didn’t think it was an unreasonable thing to say and it’s very petty if you got blocked. There was also another woman who said the ponies were obese which they were and she got lynched as well. I can’t stand the gushing and fawning over every little thing they do and this latest idea of having tea with the precious unicorns and a groom then go on a wander around the woods for 90 minutes at the princely sum of £120 is daylight robbery. There are so many other things I could mention but I will get off my soapbox now ?

I agree. They were moaning about lack of money recently and then go off for two weeks Hunting on Dartmoor - it doesn’t add up! I’m glad others agree with my comment. Unfortunately, putting everything out in social media you will get people commenting things you do not like but that’s part of it if you want to live your life in the public eye online.

Last edited:

jnb

Visit site
I really like Elphick Event Ponies, very down to earth and genuine. Also FootLuce Eventing and EMD Eventing (although I don't event, I do love watching it and Elphick Event Ponies particularly goes to great lengths to show to downs as well as ups and they breed, break and school their ponies too.)

Tara (with the Arabian) - used to love watching her hacks in Yorkshire but she's jumped on the "release every bit of footage showing horse pooing in paddock" bandwagon & I'm just bored now I also cringe at her galloping everywhere and she sometimes comes across very entitled on bridleways and roads and rarely wears hi viz on the road which gets my goat (and I won't start on her out in her horsebox during lockdown going for hacks all over plus Bella the talking horse, WTF)

Oops, I went off on a rant. Sorry!

Tash88

Visit site
I don't really look at that many (will get some ideas from here though) and prefer the educators to the influencers.

I like Miri Hackett - her approach to training is spot on and interesting, she adores her horses and is honest.

I can't bear Ray the Goth - promoting obesity, cringe tik toks, not very knowledgeable.

TPO

Visit site
Not an influencer but a trainer with a large following - ahorseygirl

She's Pat Parelli's niece (but I don't hold that against her ?) and takes horses for training, retrained exracers and does the racehorse makeover comps as well as events.

Really interesting watching her work with new horses and how quickly they progress with her.

Not a discount code or #ad in sight!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
On YouTube I only follow Beth Langley a Team GB endurance rider - she seems really nice. I started watching for training for fitness tips and starting endurance/pleasure rides but do now folĺow her channel!

Last edited:

smolmaus

Visit site
I really like Elphick Event Ponies, very down to earth and genuine. Also FootLuce Eventing and EMD Eventing (although I don't event, I do love watching it and Elphick Event Ponies particularly goes to great lengths to show to downs as well as ups and they breed, break and school their ponies too.)
No Tina?! How dare! ? I enjoy all 4 of these girls. There is quite a bit of sponsorship going on with all of them but y'know what, if I was in their situation I would take the free sh*t and the ad money too so I'm not going to hold it against them. Otherwise a good mix of eventing, lifestyle and silly fun vlogs on all their channels.

Holly Lenahan is another favourite, really lovely girl, just qualified as a vet and works in repro so you get snippets of that, she showjumps her homebred boys at home and is in Aus bringing on an OTTB at the minute. We need more Irish equestrian youtubers imo.

jnb

Visit site
No Tina?! How dare! ? I enjoy all 4 of these girls. There is quite a bit of sponsorship going on with all of them but y'know what, if I was in their situation I would take the free sh*t and the ad money too so I'm not going to hold it against them. Otherwise a good mix of eventing, lifestyle and silly fun vlogs on all their channels.

I do watch Life on the Left Rein (Tina) but I occasionally find her a bit too talk-y, i just prefer Megan and the other two.
I really enjoyed the H&C Docu series all 4 took part in (warts and all) - really interesting dynamic and learning processes and very real.

smolmaus

Visit site
I do watch Life on the Left Rein (Tina) but I occasionally find her a bit too talk-y, i just prefer Megan and the other two.
I really enjoyed the H&C Docu series all 4 took part in (warts and all) - really interesting dynamic and learning processes and very real.
I get that, but I like that she's chatty and less "polished" than the other three. She truly shows the ups and downs and I really appreciate that about her.

The series was great! I went back and watched the All Star Academy seasons as well which were entertaining if not as well done as the SU-KO one.

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
Not an influencer but a trainer with a large following - ahorseygirl

She's Pat Parelli's niece (but I don't hold that against her ?) and takes horses for training, retrained exracers and does the racehorse makeover comps as well as events.

Really interesting watching her work with new horses and how quickly they progress with her.

Not a discount code or #ad in sight!

I tried looking on YouTube and Instagram for her and can’t find her, I would be interested in having a look at her videos. Does she have another user name?

SillySally

Visit site
I'm not sure that I follow anyone who'd truly be classed as an 'influencer' (assuming I fully understand what that means!), but I do follow quite a few people, especially some of the younger riders who aren't at the stage where they have any sponsorship or anything to sell, but are just so full of enthusiasm and hope and I find that quite uplifting!

I also follow a few people for the laughs, which I don't think count at all but are still social media I suppose so are closely related maybe? Muddymayhem is very funny, plus Skint Dressage Daddy... but I think maybe he's the opposite of an influencer :)

Last edited:

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I like Ashley Harrison as actually competing at a decent level and looking to get better. The other eventing ones seem to concentrate more on getting footage and vlogs than actually improving their riding…..

I don’t think any of them are influencers for me, it’s just content. I watch a few on YouTube like Eddie Hall mostly as fascinated by other sports.