European dressage champs on telly tomorrow!

fetlock

Visit site
I hardly noticed what that Danish horse was doing - my focus was 99% on the rider. Not quite sure why, though one part of why is he prompted a distant memory of when I was a child and mum at the side of the ring standing pulling her shoulders back manically whilst mouthing to me "sit up. Sit up!" . He did slouch a bit

j1ffy

Visit site
I’m really enjoying PS’s commentary. Informed and specific descriptions of the marks - what scores well and what will bring marks down. I suspect even non-horsey people could build an understanding based on this.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I’m really enjoying PS’s commentary. Informed and specific descriptions of the marks - what scores well and what will bring marks down. I suspect even non-horsey people could build an understanding based on this.
he's really good at explaining things isn't he. and doesn't yammer on like some (sorry to Bobby Hayler... i like her but sometimes she chats over all the music)
Looking up the hill... (think we've got that nailed, hahahah)

teapot

Visit site
Great ride for Charlotte, when it all comes together he's going to produce some super duper top scores isn't he. I mean 87 is pretty bloody brilliant anyway. He looks more established each time.

Was just thinking how he looked a 'better' horse today than at Tokyo, first big crowds too?

That hat's really growing on me too...

j1ffy

Visit site
Did I imagine it or did BBC say they were going to Final Score at 2.30? If so they’d miss Isabel and Charlotte Fry…

Lexi_

Visit site
Sorry if it’s already been discussed but why is Lottie going last? I assumed they went in order from the special results, but is it a fresh draw?

milliepops

Visit site
did anyone see the video of the last 10 olympic champion dressage horses? the quality of paces has increased exponentially. Was just watching Dalera reach across in those trot half pass steps thinking she would have eclipsed some of those earlier gold medalists.

j1ffy

Visit site
Sorry if it’s already been discussed but why is Lottie going last? I assumed they went in order from the special results, but is it a fresh draw?

Not sure but I assume it’s a fresh draw.

Fabulous test from JBW and Dalera!

j1ffy

Visit site
Not a lot of whispering in IW’s test. And was that a fairly obvious click to the horse as she moved off from the halt?

milliepops

Visit site
This is a nice horse but not the quality of Bella Rose is she. Though it's nice to see some of the older horses in the field looking so well, she is 16, so is Tillie, Buriel 15, Dalera 14... there's always a lot made when the 9yos come forward but it shows that some do keep their horses on the road at the top level for a long career.

milliepops

Visit site
Must be an incredible feeling sitting on that much power.... Everdale always looks on the edge of explosion and she contains it so quietly