European eventing championships

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
The GB lot made a load of noise yesterday pre his test as he had switched off... not feeling it, bitting, gone dead in mouth... Such a shame.
I watched the dressage and he looked weird in the contact to me, almost blue tongue looking (probably going to get slammed for saying that). I was very surprised with how high he was scored (I also thought Bob was a little over marked as he seemed a bit tense to me).

NinjaPony

Visit site
Poor Ros, not her day. He just completely switched off, and when they are that big and strong there is nothing you can do about it. Gutting for her especially after the Tokyo disappointment.

GB put in a great showing otherwise, all other riders including the individuals are in the top 10. It’s going to be extremely close tomorrow, there is barely anything between the top riders…

Denbob

Visit site
It's annoying to be dropping Ros' dressage score as it was so well marked but yes still a team chance. I didn't watch his dressage but he is a very strong horse with a tendency to go a bit 'deaf', she must be gutted. Makes a bit more sense why perhaps they weren't the first choice for Tokyo along with him not travelling as well as some of the other competitors.

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
I went out after Nicola's round, to see to mare. Can't find the cross country now on iplayer (just dressage and showjumping European championships). Is it genuinely not there or am I being really dim??

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I went out after Nicola's round, to see to mare. Can't find the cross country now on iplayer (just dressage and showjumping European championships). Is it genuinely not there or am I being really dim??

It was definitely there earlier as I watching it too before I went dog walking :D I *think* from memory this has happened before and there's a delay in a programme ending & it being available post live on iPlayer. Fingers crossed its there later!

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Some of the cameras were in strange places for showing the action. Poor commentators, remember them trying to work out Cathal Daniels' refusal, he must have had one because he hadn't emerged from behind the trees! Why have a camera on the far side of a tree from a fence???

Parrotperson

Visit site
Some of the cameras were in strange places for showing the action. Poor commentators, remember them trying to work out Cathal Daniels' refusal, he must have had one because he hadn't emerged from behind the trees! Why have a camera on the far side of a tree from a fence???

the camera positions were well dodgy! They put several fences behind trees from the camera's angle. daft!

GreyDot

Visit site
Is the second part of the Showjumping on iPlayer? I can't find it and watched the first part this morning?! Supposed to start now.

teapot

Visit site
Incredible to think Tina was the last Brit winner in 2009, only Piggy (silver in 2009) and Nicola (bronze in 2017) have won individal medals since at European level!