Europeans cross country thread

stormox

Visit site
If this is the way eventing is going- twisty courses tricky lines, trying to fool horses in a way as they don't know where theyr going, I don't think the xc part is evolving in the right direction. A horse much prefers a nice straightforward gallop and brave attacking riding.

only_me

Visit site
If this is the way eventing is going- twisty courses tricky lines, trying to fool horses in a way as they don't know where theyr going, I don't think the xc part is evolving in the right direction. A horse much prefers a nice straightforward gallop and brave attacking riding.

Think they have limited space for this course, so had to make do. I actually think xc is heading back to traditional gallop courses, especially the past 2 years. But this course is so twisty, so busy and so many questions that most likely a lot of horses aren't used to it?

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Finally back online and I think one of the recent camera angles sums up the course for me... 3 horses on the course and all 3 could be seen from one camera angle. Very twisty, more like arena eventing gone large. I do hope this is an anomaly and not the direction eventing XC is going to be taking.

Auslander

Visit site
There's nothing online as yet that he's broken a leg. The Mule has sources I'm sure though!

It could be that she and I have a mutual facebook friend. I don't want to go into graphic detail, but I can't see how the leg isn't broken. I felt pretty sick watching the video. Poor horse, and poor rider/groom/etc