everyone enjoying the heatwave

windand rain

Visit site
I love the weather we are having I hate being cold. Biggest drawback is the horse flies but they don't last long around us. Was judging on sunday in a well watered indoor school which was a bit like being in a sauna but thoroughly enjoyed the day. been poo picking late morning so been hot hot hot but love it.
eta I am very fair skinned red head so burn easily but bits of me that are exposed are well weathered. I do need to wear a hat though which is a problem

Cloball

Visit site
I love it but we just don't get the time to acclimatise. I've worked on yards in Spain and Italy and you do get used to it but you also get a siesta which is a lifestyle I can certainly appreciate. Sitting in a tiny office which massive greenhouse windows and no air-conditioning is just torture.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
I have heat/sweat rash under my boobs. I've had to cancel a lesson tonight as I can't wear a bra - although it would have been too hot anyway. As you can imagine. I am not enjoying the heatwave.
I have found using Cavilon cream a godsend. https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/Cavilon-Durable-Barrier-Cream/
Ignore that it says for incontinence but it is also good for sweat rubs on knicker lines. I have not had under boob chafe for several years since I found this.

SEL

Visit site
It's crazy. Mine were snoozing on the stony area by the water trough in the full sun. There is shade only a few metres away without the stony ground. To top it off, two of the cats decided that they weren't hot enough, so are spending their days sleeping in the boiling hot conservatory.
my cat has sensibly retired to the coolest room in the house - which is where I've been working from home. I've been told to get lost because she wants my chair. I'm now working in the warmest room in the house. In my next life I'm coming back as a cat.

southerncomfort

Visit site
my cat has sensibly retired to the coolest room in the house - which is where I've been working from home. I've been told to get lost because she wants my chair. I'm now working in the warmest room in the house. In my next life I'm coming back as a cat.

?

I've known my husband to eat his breakfast standing up because he didn't want to move the cat off his chair!

Annagain

Visit site
?

I've known my husband to eat his breakfast standing up because he didn't want to move the cat off his chair!

OH and I are taking it in turns to sleep in the spare room as the dog (16 and not long for this world, bless her, or she wouldn't get away with it) is sleeping on our bed to get the benefit of the fan and it's just too warm for all three of us to sleep in there. We would put the fan on the floor for her but then neither of us would sleep. At least this way, the one who sleeps in our bed with her gets a decent night's sleep and the one in the spare room gets an open window - we live on a main road with a train line the other side of it so can't open the (triple glazed) window in the front bedroom as it gets noisy from about 4.30 onwards. She gets a decent night's sleep every night and then sleeps all day too!

lynz88

Visit site
I'm another for those that like this weather and hate cold. Might just be because I grew up with sickly hot and humid weather so if we don't end up with this type of weather, it just isn't "summer". I do appreciate that there isn't the humidity over here like back home - I'm not bothered by it as much as some people but it's the humidity that really zaps you of everything.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
Purchased an air con unit from Homebase. What a load of rubbish for £300!!

It does make the room a bit cooler but no where near what I'd hoped.

Horses are fine (well Bog is), clipped and stabled during the day. Bear is roughing it out in the sun but has a field shelter at his yard so should be fine.
I'm equally as unimpressed with my Dyson desktop fan that cost £250. I thought it actually cooled the air before blowing it out but it doesn't. My fault I spose for not reading up on it thoroughly ☹️

smolmaus

Visit site
I just got the meat thermometer out and the flipping conservatory is 39 degrees. We can't even really leave the doors open because the cats will get out so I'm just not using the kitchen today I guess or I'll die being in there for more than 5 mins.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Apparently its supposedly to be like it for 2 weeks in August too, I HATE it, I drove back from a course today, back to the office and even though the lady who was driving had air con on, I was sweating. ?

I was considering it last night but following the news of another horrible heat wave, and given I'm off after next week on school summer holidays, I've ordered a kids paddling pool off amazon so I can wallow in it after the yard ?

scats

Visit site
Apparently its supposedly to be like it for 2 weeks in August too, I HATE it, I drove back from a course today, back to the office and even though the lady who was driving had air con on, I was sweating. ?

I was considering it last night but following the news of another horrible heat wave, and given I'm off after next week on school summer holidays, I've ordered a kids paddling pool off amazon so I can wallow in it after the yard ?

I have a patio outside my barn at the yard and I’m so tempted to get a paddling pool to sit in while I have my evening coffee!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Its already sweltering here this morning so my black pony is having the day off.

It's not so much the temperature, more that once he gets hot it's really hard to cool him down again and it makes him miserable.

Sprat

Visit site
Thankfully the dr prescribed hayfever drugs seem to be taking an effect so symptoms have eased a little. I managed a hack last night to a local pub which was much welcomed; the owner loves the horses and is quite happy for us to dismount and let them roam free and munch on the lawn while we have a drink. I've decided to sack off schooling until tomorrow when it cools down a bit, I really need to run through my tests for Saturday but not in this heat.

Renvers

Visit site
I was due to take one of the horses to a clinic yesterday, I cancelled as neither of us is good in heat and travelling would be bad in enough in the 4x4 with aircon let alone in the trailer.

Clinic went ahead though.

lynz88

Visit site
Thankfully the dr prescribed hayfever drugs seem to be taking an effect so symptoms have eased a little. I managed a hack last night to a local pub which was much welcomed; the owner loves the horses and is quite happy for us to dismount and let them roam free and munch on the lawn while we have a drink. I've decided to sack off schooling until tomorrow when it cools down a bit, I really need to run through my tests for Saturday but not in this heat.

Last week I was suffering so badly from allergies that my ears clogged and ended up with earache and very congested head. Allergies are a new thing for me to deal with (last year was the first year I've had to deal with them) and had to get a prescription as well as the allergy meds that I get OTC in Canada that deals with intense allergy cough are only on prescription here. For the past week I've had to combine both allergy meds and decongestants :confused:

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Loathe it. I'm not good in the heat, I sweat easily. Our classroom is upstairs and with 30+ bodies in there it is boiling. ?

My old boy used to melt in the heat, hated it so I rode first thing. I still avoid riding in the heat now.

On the plus side we had a massive water fight at school today as the kids picked that for their house point treat. About 70 kids, 3 teachers, 2 TA's and the head went into battle. The coolest I've been for days.

EventingMum

Visit site
Absolutely hate it, it's mid 20's+ here and that's too much for me. Since I have had neurological problems I have become far less tolerant of heat and it actually makes me feel quite unwell. To top it off our water is being switched off tomorrow between 9am and 5pm which is a nightmare with having 30 horses here. Every available receptacle has been filled in preparation but hosing off won't be an option until the evening.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Noooooo! I have Holmes Adie. I spend every hot day with a river of sweat dripping down my back even when I'm sitting still. Please let that forecast be wrong ??????????? (just discovered that skin tone choice is available in emojis on Samsung keyboards, brilliant ??)

eggs

Visit site
Very happy to have to put a fleece on when I went out to catch the horses in earlier this morning.

I was competing at Wellington on Thursday in the Pet Plans and was really pleased they let us ride without jackets.