Extreme team chasing?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The things people used to get up to (and youtube throws up)
particular highlights include, go out to sea, turn round and come back again, but the tide is coming in later.
Very shakey rider post fall 'she's only winded'
The horse is up and fine - horse heads towards aforementioned sea.
Oh don't worry just go round that fence.
I have the other half planned for this evening.

Last edited:

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
:O Poor lad getting knocked off by hitting his head on a branch , and that jiggered horse who went down on landing two jumps in a row.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The 3rd horse of the 'three of a kind' team really was far, far too tired at the end. :( I'm not surprised that the crowd tore a bit of a strip off the idiotic rider.

alibali

Visit site
Not one rider patted their horse at the finish ☹️ To be fair I've only watched until the horse which fell on landing through fatigue at the water and then was remounted and faced at another fence tried it's heart out and fell on landing again too exhausted to get up. Just couldn't watch any more. Maybe other riders afterwards showed some appreciation of the efforts their mounts made on their behalf.

silv

Visit site
Compulsive viewing, thanks for the link, will watch it all later, they are indeed all mad, interesting to see the different types of horses and standards of riding. Anyone else notice the old fashioned saddles? Its not that terribly long ago but they look ancient.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
yup the long stirrups stood out to me, one of the ladies in red seemed to reach down several times to sort one out in addition to those who just gave up on theirs completely.

The water/sea definitely got deeper, little concerned at the one who did seem to be considering setting sail to melbourne (wouldn't be an unheard of thing for a horse to consider!)

the guy who fell twice was an idiot, after they were saying it might be his next chaser. I'm glad the audience at the time also thought him an idiot.

ouch at the young lad who cracked his head :eek:

It felt a bit mean having tired horses do the water fence.

I'm sure I saw quite a few pats, though they were also getting vet checked/weighed in.

I liked the gray that one of the huntspeople without a noseband :eek: was riding when picking up a horse and when there were 3 of them looking at the camera , it looked fairly stocky/part welsh.

The arabs/PBs went very well

My fav was the little buckskin.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I started watching it not knowing where it was from. Very quickly sussed from the terrain and type of riding and horses that it was Aus. Reckon some of those riders could have taken part in the Snowey River scary downhill scenes. Saw one rider practically lying back on his horse trying to stop it at the downhill bit before the sea. That feeling of being out of control was so familiar that my stomach was turning over. Reminiscient of my old welsh out hunting. Mainly why I gave up.

Cloball

Visit site
Thanks for posting, love this sort of thing, I have watched all of the Burghley TV back catalogue from the early 90s. Reminded me of when (I think) Princess Anne fell and got back on and proceeded to ride the wrong way. The commentators just mentioned she looked a bit concussed.