Fat or in foal

3Beasties

Visit site
Coloured filly born on bank holiday Monday. Could be called 'maybe mayday' if so!

Potential dad sounds yummy!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
If the bets are open....I'm saying a buckskin and white colt born on Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Clodagh

Visit site
If the stallion is a dilute you have to hope the foal gets it, so I'm with cobgoblin on the colour. I think May 5th.

TheMule

Visit site
Me too! Or a mule. I cannot imagine anything cuter than a mule foal!

Like this little cutie who unexpectedly came free with a nice Spanish mare?! She really is the cutest thing in the world :)

IMG_0448_zpsbx3snijw.jpeg

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Ah I wondered how you had got her TheMule! :D She really is adorable!

Good luck OP! welshie might make you a nice coloured native if you are lucky :)

JJS

Visit site
Ah I wondered how you had got her TheMule! :D She really is adorable!

Good luck OP! welshie might make you a nice coloured native if you are lucky :)

That would be the ideal! Give me a palomino and white or buckskin and white filly and I'd be over the moon.

However, if she is, the main thing is just that Mary comes through it all okay. She has the potential to be a one in a million horse so she's my absolute priority.

If the vet confirms on Monday, you can be sure I'll be writing all of these predictions down!

JJS

Visit site
Come on OP, can we have our update on mum to be? :)

Of course :) Not too much change today. I was away, so my mum and younger sister were on horse duty, but they made sure to take lots of photos to go with their report!

M's bag was a little bigger again, although her teats are still pointing inwards.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Her vulva also looked much the same, but it does seem to be darkening up a little inside now.

attachment.php

And here's one just to show the pretty little pony face hiding under all of that hair.

attachment.php

horselady

Visit site
Of course :) Not too much change today. I was away, so my mum and younger sister were on horse duty, but they made sure to take lots of photos to go with their report!

M's bag was a little bigger again, although her teats are still pointing inwards.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Her vulva also looked much the same, but it does seem to be darkening up a little inside now.

attachment.php

And here's one just to show the pretty little pony face hiding under all of that hair.

attachment.php
And she looks so innocent too... ;) :wink4:

JJS

Visit site
So tomorrow is D Day! I've spent all evening worrying that even if M is in foal, it won't be picked up on a physical, as I read that during mid- to late(ish) pregnancy the foal essentially 'slips back' and can be harder to find. As I have no idea of a potential covering date, except that it was definitely before mid-August when I got her, I'm just keeping my fingers tightly crossed that whatever might be hiding in there doesn't get stage fright! I guess she'd have to have no more than six weeks to go because of the bag, but my mind has gone into overdrive and is coming up with plenty of problematic scenarios!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Best of luck OP. Fingers crossed for a healthy horse (or two). Maybe write down any questions you might want to ask (not sure if you've experience of a foaling before, apologies if you have) so you don't forget anything.

JJS

Visit site
Fine. I'd love to keep you all in suspense a little longer but I can't keep it to myself! All bets are on because we officially have a baby on board!