Favourite coat colour?

Poppy+MrDarcy

Visit site
Bit of a random question, but I haven't posted a thread in a while. Anyway I've got to say I'm a sucker for Palomino's, Dun's, Buckskin's ect. But I've never had one, (I don't buy for colour) but next in line is probably grey, although it would drive me just about stir crazy if a grey rolled in a big puddle of wet mud and I had to deal with it 🤣

Visit site
Black or grey. They stand out better. Greys you either religiously keep them clean or you embrace the dirt and clean them up only when you need them to be clean. I go for the latter 😂

I despise spotteds of any breed/type. Just blergh! Sorry! Not a fan of dilutes either, especially not double dilutes!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Chesnut! Especially when they have a metallic sheen to them. I do like coloureds too
That is mine, he is chesnut with a golden shine. At least I think he is. He's currently mud coloured.

I'd normally say chesnut because it hides the dirt; stable stains are difficult to spot but mine has been wallowing for days and the mud is solid.

(Yeah, we've spelt chesnut right 😉)

dottylottie

Visit site
i love a coloured or a nice bright bay with black points (biased on that one), very partial to a dun but not the ones who have been bred for colour and not quality!

going against the grain a bit but the one colour horse i would never have is a chesnut, really not for me (sorry chesnut owners!)

Surbie

Visit site
There are just too many! Liver chestnut, a strong bay with black points and a wonky star or stripe down his nose, a dark blanket spot and a tricolour with loads of skewbald and not too much feather. And black ones.

You can keep your palominos, cremellos and greys, they are very pretty but I like horses you don't have to wash too much! ;)

saalsk

Visit site
Grey. My first pony was flecked grey, had a chestnut and then a bay, then another grey. Found another chap, at just 6 months old, who was bay with a single white fetlock, thought he was awesome. Now, 10 or so years later, turns out he is grey too, via some lovely roan years. I am now turning grey myself. It must be a theme !

blitznbobs

Visit site
Any solid colour, a proper dappled grey (to look at not to own). Partial to a really proper liver chestnut and a deep black... but then also like a buckskin and palo... I guess I like them all. cos I also have 2 coloureds

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I love me a blanket spotted, or a snow cap (not as much of a fan of leopards).
Or a skewbald that’s more brown than white. Also love a bright bay in the summer!

Not a huge fan of greys. Wouldn’t want a cremello or similar at all.