Finding horse

Kylara

Visit site
Looked at another one this week. Seemed pretty nice. 4, good paces, incredibly green but only broken 2.5 months. Has Jazz breeding so not something I would have looked at normally, but didn't seem too hot or sharp, just a bit tense at times and stuffy/giraffe. Overpriced though imo but guessing it because of the breeding! Needs work, but nothing impossible and could be lovely.

Also discovered another comfy jump saddle!

Going to look at neighbouring eventer horse again on Saturday. Very nice horse (still overbudget) and needs a bit of work too but again is only 4 and has a sensible head.

Bernster

Visit site
Yep I think that counts as bonkers haha. Hope it all works out, although buying uneseen and unvetted makes the lawyer in me wince!

Kylara

Visit site
Pony! Mother bought him for her - I was going to pass. Turned up and he's really very lovely, so very lucky indeed!
Nice jump, loves the water on the xc course and needs some work on the flat. So think he is really rather nice! Going to see if I can get a ticket for a be event in Sept or an unaff.

Kylara

Visit site
Getting another horse vetted this week - sanest 4 year old I have ever met! Fingers crossed it passes and it will need a full set of xrays as is over budget but ticks every single box, including all of the "not essential but would be nice" ones.

Seriously would not believe is 4 - have to keep reminding about the age! Went to first event last week as was just as chilled as usual. Here's hoping!

Kylara

Visit site
Horse has passed the vetting! I got to be in charge of the digital plate for the xrays (fancy mini portable machine, very cool). Landing with flat foot on slightly turned in front foot and moves straight so as long as good farrier should be OK and that was pretty much the only thing could pick up on. Blood panel came back clear so that's good, spine xrays all good, front feet joints all flat, hocks all good. Vet thought she was nice.

So over to the unhorsey mother to sort out money etc and now I'm going to have to find a saddle to fit and rugs etc. I have nothing that will fit a 16hh KWPN! Except maybe one dressage square...

Bernster

Visit site
Horse has passed the vetting! I got to be in charge of the digital plate for the xrays (fancy mini portable machine, very cool). Landing with flat foot on slightly turned in front foot and moves straight so as long as good farrier should be OK and that was pretty much the only thing could pick up on. Blood panel came back clear so that's good, spine xrays all good, front feet joints all flat, hocks all good. Vet thought she was nice.

So over to the unhorsey mother to sort out money etc and now I'm going to have to find a saddle to fit and rugs etc. I have nothing that will fit a 16hh KWPN! Except maybe one dressage square...

Ooh how exciting. That sounds like a full on vetting, I assume she is one of the over budget ones?! Funny how they seem to be the ones to go for, but a friend once said to me, buy the best horse you can afford! Look forward to hearing how you get on with your new two horse herd!

Kylara

Visit site
Haha yes very over budget but managed to come to an agreement so that only about 3k over budget o_O paying for temperament as much as anything. Easiest horse I have ever met. Although the saw and bought pony is just as good on the ground, he has his moments under saddle (nothing nasty, just a bit on his toes at points).

Yeah, was not going to do any less when paying that much for a horse and not do mega vetting after all the failed vettings I've had! And it was actually my vet who came which is an extra bonus. Oh and to get insurance I needed xrays so thought as we were getting them anyway...might as well do the back (vet agreed) ;)

Just got to sort out when she comes to my side of the barn as I'm on holiday visiting family this weekend... Feel a bit bad as she has a top door that opens onto the courtyard at the minute and mine are the other side of the barn and don't have dual aspect :(

Dread to think about buying saddles and bridles as pony needs a dressage saddle and I need to buy a thorn pad for all of the ponies I ride and none of my bridle pieces will fit a big horse. Oh and no big rugs... Argh! I will get pictures as soon as all official.

Kylara

Visit site
Officially mine. Payment made today. Taking over her care on Thursday but she moved sides in the barn to my stables on Saturday ;) so much hassle and expensive transport - a whole 2m walk! Haha

I'll pop some pictures up when I get back from holiday.

Just trying to sort saddle and bridle out now. Trying a kieffer dressage saddle that a friend has for sale and will buy if it fits. I think I may not like it too much as I know kieffer have giant knee blocks, but will hopefully be OK for now. I have a saddler coming out mid Sept so will add her to the visit and see if we can sort a couple of saddles for her, or at least keep an eye out for brands and particular makes that will suit best.

Shes still got some growing to do but she's a lovely horse and having looked at her passport there's numero uno and some other great sj horses so that's a bonus! Just not looking forward to changing ownership with the KWPN people!

Looking out for odes and dressage events now that I can take both to and hopefully do ok!

Kylara

Visit site
Goodness! Hanna was officially mine on Thursday, but then I had a 2 day driving trials championship event all weekend so rushed evening yard and quick ride in the rain both days. Bit more chilled now and got a picture for you all.

14206119_637694206412312_1791973121521862064_o.jpg

pixie27

Visit site
She is so lovely - so happy for you. Look forward to reading reports from the both of you :)

Also love the pony, he looks awesome.