First BD affiliated competition

Cowpony

Visit site
Did our first affiliated competition at the weekend. Felt very out of place in the warm-up on my little coloured pony, amongst all the bay warmbloods! She didn't perform her best, but we haven't competed away from home since February, and we didn't disgrace ourselves :). Got two 4th places, so a reasonable start with plenty to work on. Really chuffed that we beat somebody in the silver section in one test :)

As we turned down the centre line in one test she spotted some other horses and yelled at them. Got an "inattentive" comment from the judge. Really? You think? :D

Sorry, pointless post, just happy that we are progressing into the serious stuff ;)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Well done :) no need to feel out of place, there's room in BD for all of us. My advanced horse is a 14.2 welsh D :wink3:

Have you got your next outing planned?

Cowpony

Visit site
Thanks Milliepops! I haven't booked our next trip yet but it will be within the month. I've got the bug now and want to progress.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Definitely don't feel intimidated or out of place, there are a few of us with 'alternative' horses :), mine are both Hackney x Friesians!

Farma

Visit site
Did our first affiliated competition at the weekend. Felt very out of place in the warm-up on my little coloured pony, amongst all the bay warmbloods! She didn't perform her best, but we haven't competed away from home since February, and we didn't disgrace ourselves :). Got two 4th places, so a reasonable start with plenty to work on. Really chuffed that we beat somebody in the silver section in one test :)

As we turned down the centre line in one test she spotted some other horses and yelled at them. Got an "inattentive" comment from the judge. Really? You think? :D

Sorry, pointless post, just happy that we are progressing into the serious stuff ;)

Yay well done :) if you haven't already, look up sam turner and billy whizz for coloured pony bd motivation x

Notimetoride

Visit site
I have a Welshy and have learned that sometimes these non conventional dressage ponies show the big posh warmbloods how it's done ! Sounds like you're doing just fine and are going to be awesome !

Cowpony

Visit site
I have a Welshy and have learned that sometimes these non conventional dressage ponies show the big posh warmbloods how it's done ! Sounds like you're doing just fine and are going to be awesome !

Thank you!

Next outing is on 25th to the same place, so hopefully she will be a bit more chilled now she's been there before.