First weekend in April plans

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Yikes that is a strong reaction to the jab! Glad you both appear to be on the mend.

My companion pony reacted like that the first year she was vacinated, since then we have had a bute injection aswell and it does seem to have lessened the effect. Hope your pony can reduce her reactions over the years.

Yes, definitely a rather extreme reaction. Maddie turns 12 this year. I knew when I bought her that she had felt a bit rough after vaccinations before, hence the bute before and after. She was fine with her flu jab last year, but the combined jab has caused the issue. I need to find out if the tet can be done separately. Thankfully not an issue for another 2 years, but something we need to address.

Widgeon

Visit site
6.15 wake up time for me on Sunday for the HT. I’m not a morning person! Blurk. For a 4 mins round ?

We're off to the saddle fitter first thing tomorrow so a 2.5 hour round trip and a 6am start (earlier would be better but that's unlikely to happen - I am also not a morning person!). That's assuming the roads aren't too icy to get the trailer out. I'm fuming at this snow - I deliberately booked the appointment way in advance so I'd have a good chance of decent weather and a nice easy tow down there.

throwawayaccount

Visit site
I can finally join in on this sub forum and thread :D

my gelding is coming along nicely, I've been taking it slow and steady with him since jan as he'd been out of work 6 months. we've done lots of hacking (much variety, short/long, hill work, trotting etc) and we're on month 4 and have started cracking on with our lessons and some pole work. yesterday I finally cracked the canter and feel I'm learning how to really ride him.

he's due a new saddle (lucky boy). I'm going to incorporate more pole work with him and when he's ready see how he is with jumping. my by/during summer goals are to do intro dressage (neither of us have done this before) and some low level jumping (I'm 4 years rusty!) I'd also love to go to Somerford around the farm ride.

when we're both fit Aswell I'd love to dabble in some clinics, we have all sorts on our yard regularly so should be easy enough to hop on one.

I've tried to take it as slow as possible, as I don't want to rush anything but similarly it helps we're both coming back into work. I had him on loan and have just bought him.

we had a fantastic lesson yesterday that I'm still really happy from.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Unbelievably had a third excellent BE run on the trot! Today's was a double clear in the novice at Thoresby - a great new event to replace Belton. Good course - lots of atmosphere. Thrilled with how he coped with it. Just added 1.2 time to our dressage score to finish 6th. He's such a generous chap - and feeling more confident than ever before.

As national competitors we did SJ in a quiet ring away by lorry park. International competitors had a very big swanky arena surrounded by shopping.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Yes, definitely a rather extreme reaction. Maddie turns 12 this year. I knew when I bought her that she had felt a bit rough after vaccinations before, hence the bute before and after. She was fine with her flu jab last year, but the combined jab has caused the issue. I need to find out if the tet can be done separately. Thankfully not an issue for another 2 years, but something we need to address.

You can definitely split them as I do this with one of mine as he's had bad reactions in the past. He gets bute before jab and for the days after every time but the reaction can be random. Two years ago no reaction to tetanus, this year hot, sore, swollen chest for nearly a week.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I can finally join in on this sub forum and thread :D

my gelding is coming along nicely, I've been taking it slow and steady with him since jan as he'd been out of work 6 months. we've done lots of hacking (much variety, short/long, hill work, trotting etc) and we're on month 4 and have started cracking on with our lessons and some pole work. yesterday I finally cracked the canter and feel I'm learning how to really ride him.

he's due a new saddle (lucky boy). I'm going to incorporate more pole work with him and when he's ready see how he is with jumping. my by/during summer goals are to do intro dressage (neither of us have done this before) and some low level jumping (I'm 4 years rusty!) I'd also love to go to Somerford around the farm ride.

when we're both fit Aswell I'd love to dabble in some clinics, we have all sorts on our yard regularly so should be easy enough to hop on one.

I've tried to take it as slow as possible, as I don't want to rush anything but similarly it helps we're both coming back into work. I had him on loan and have just bought him.

we had a fantastic lesson yesterday that I'm still really happy from.

Great news. ? Let me know when you're ready to do the farm ride, I should be there by then.

I'm so jealous of everyone, I can't formulate any plans until we've moved ourselves and Ludo, my head is totally screwed.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Bernster: 5 am wake up call for me and that feltlike luxury. The 3.30 alarms are the ones that hurt!!
Rachael Ferd that's fab. You two are on FIRE!

I am running through the test and plaiting up tonight. All feeling very real now. I am super excited. I have no expectations really which is a nice position to be in. First event together and Lottie's first ODE ever and so it's all just a learning experience. I know that if Lottie stays sane and rideable there is no reason we can't put in a good performance but with a bench mark to work from either way.

ihatework

Visit site
6yo just done his second event of the year and nowhere near as wild as the barely broken in act a couple of weeks ago. Lovely to see his new jockey experimenting with his management and they cracked it today - hard work yesterday and a double dressage Warm up today and he was putty in her hands ? quick double clear for 5th. Good pony

TheMule

Visit site
6yo just done his second event of the year and nowhere near as wild as the barely broken in act a couple of weeks ago. Lovely to see his new jockey experimenting with his management and they cracked it today - hard work yesterday and a double dressage Warm up today and he was putty in her hands ? quick double clear for 5th. Good pony

Nice work, well done team Oz!

blood_magik

Visit site
c630ad88-5b14-48af-8db7-2195e3d4c65a-jpeg.90021

Leggy baby pony survived his first show. The test itself was a mess but we got through it in one piece and just about managed to stay inside the boards.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Feels like I'm back in the game :D
Had a helper today, whoo hoooooo! Quickly span Frank round on the lunge and then she fed him treats and I got on. He was a super good boy, of course he was, he had 2 people telling him he was wonderful - what's not to like about that?!

Then rode Quiz The Wild without lunging (first time :eek: ) he was tense and zoomy but we managed to go more or less where i wanted at the rough speed i had chosen so that's a win, lol. Biggest problem is just getting on, he finds it hard to just Park And Do Nothing so i can see lots of Mounting Block School in his future. Anyway, perhaps we won't need to get lunged by trainer in our lesson on Tuesday o_O

277367099_5355866984424768_7633708450491712743_n.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
c630ad88-5b14-48af-8db7-2195e3d4c65a-jpeg.90021

Leggy baby pony survived his first show. The test itself was a mess but we got through it in one piece and just about managed to stay inside the boards.

Staying inside the boards is a win for first time out, for me. Is he as big as he looks?

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
We survived show jumping. It was a total mess though! I'm finding riding Henry over jumps really hard right now, I'm not sure why. He is very athletic and I am finding it hard to stay with him. I am also finding it hard to put my leg on and ride him to the jumps. But I think I just need to get stronger and get used to him again. We did our biggest competitive round and while I felt sick in the warm up, the actual round was ok. We had rails but the second half was better than the first and I know how to ride for next time! I guess me makes the jumps look small07AC4D0A-FCF2-48C9-A6A8-688C5E771ABD.jpeg5F92F905-38A0-479C-90B6-928F37787524.jpeg

scats

Visit site
Feels like I'm back in the game :D
Had a helper today, whoo hoooooo! Quickly span Frank round on the lunge and then she fed him treats and I got on. He was a super good boy, of course he was, he had 2 people telling him he was wonderful - what's not to like about that?!

Then rode Quiz The Wild without lunging (first time :eek: ) he was tense and zoomy but we managed to go more or less where i wanted at the rough speed i had chosen so that's a win, lol. Biggest problem is just getting on, he finds it hard to just Park And Do Nothing so i can see lots of Mounting Block School in his future. Anyway, perhaps we won't need to get lunged by trainer in our lesson on Tuesday o_O

277367099_5355866984424768_7633708450491712743_n.jpg

I’m secretly hoping that you’ll keep Frank now! I genuinely can’t believe he wasn’t snapped up at the price you were selling him for. If he were a mare I’d have had trouble sitting on my hands..!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I’m secretly hoping that you’ll keep Frank now! I genuinely can’t believe he wasn’t snapped up at the price you were selling him for. If he were a mare I’d have had trouble sitting on my hands..!
Well, I have to be honest, his temperament is a very nice contrast to Q so I'm inclined to at least ride him away now if I can have a few more helper days to carry on from yesterday. He will probably still have to be sold when Hera is ready to start because I can't have 3 at livery. But she's not even 2 yet ;)

The hacking isn't great for a young horse but if he takes to it then we could box off to the forest solo, there are options...

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Currently broken down on side of A1M ????

Nooo. I hope that, as it is now almost 4pm and we have no update, you have been busy eventing! Fingers crossed!

Baby Horse was a star at his day long cow clinic. 7 horses and 10 cows in an arena, much action and he kept his head.

He likes cows! We had to sort them and get certain ones into a pen and he was rather too enthusiastic, in a nice way. Quite happy to barge through the heard, quite happy to accelerate to stop one, quite happy to halt and hold.

We finished an hour early as we had already done longer than he had ever spent under saddle in one day and he was tired.

Next outing for him is a spin on the gallops at the racing college!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Well it’s been a saga worthy of a longer post than the current refresh problem allows. Headlines thought - we did event, Lottie was MEGA and we are now in a low loader wending our weary way home. The princess herself having been collected by a transporter earlier. DC. Dream come true. Lottie is a total superstar.