Foal Monday

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I keep coming back to look at the pictures again. I love that middle picture where mum is sniffing his head, all loving, and his face is like "eeeeewwwww! Muuuuuuuum!" ?

Asha

Visit site
Its no wonder he is stunning as his mum is absolutely gorgeous. Glad everything went well, and mum looks so proud of her boy

Annagain

Visit site
What a strong looking boy. Congratulations! Mum looks to be doing a great job too.

ETA - If I was ordering a foal, he'd be exactly what I'd order!

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I am sooooooo broody! we were planning to try again this year but I think it'll be next year now, want to find out the outcome of our planning application first really because it would be so much easier doing foalwatch living on site and having proper facilities. Booo. I am not a fan of grown up decisions. will be getting my fix here!

Abi90

Visit site
I am overjoyed. I think I was shell shocked last night. I can’t believe he’s here and arrived so civilly of an evening with no issues. I had braced myself for all sorts.
He’s at the stud so I won’t see him until Friday :(

Thank you for all the kind comments. Who has previously been called a “hairy bog cob” and I was told I was breeding “sh!te from sh!te” so for him to arrive and be so gorgeous is amazing

Annagain

Visit site
I am overjoyed. I think I was shell shocked last night. I can’t believe he’s here and arrived so civilly of an evening with no issues. I had braced myself for all sorts.

Thank you for all the kind comments. Who has previously been called a “hairy bog cob” and I was told I was breeding “sh!te from sh!te” so for him to arrive and be so gorgeous is amazing

Not that she is, but my friend had 20 amazing years with a "hairy bog cob" including coming 5th at the BRC eventing champs two years in a row. If someone called one of my horses that I'd thank them for the compliment!

She's exactly my sort of horse as is little Thyme. You've struck gold twice with them.

Abi90

Visit site
Not that she is, but my friend had 20 amazing years with a "hairy bog cob" including coming 5th at the BRC eventing champs two years in a row. If someone called one of my horses that I'd thank them for the compliment!

She's exactly my sort of horse as is little Thyme. You've struck gold twice with them.

To be fair I have no problems with hair bog cobs but it was said in a derogatory manner!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site

liking for the joyful bits not the negative nellies :)

Annagain

Visit site
To be fair I have no problems with hair bog cobs but it was said in a derogatory manner!

I wasn't suggesting you were being nasty about them, just saying that if someone said that to me, even in a derogatory manner, I'd smile sweetly and thank them. Partly as it's true that I think it is a compliment and partly as it would put them back their box nicely;).

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Hairy bog cob!! ? They'd have apoplexy if I bred mine then ? (not that I will, thanks muscle myopathy ?). I love your mare Abi, I think I said last year on a thread that I was exited to see your foal because the mare is so smart. And I'm just so completely smitten by his pictures that I'm probably being a bit weird now... ?

Abi90

Visit site
I wasn't suggesting you were being nasty about them, just saying that if someone said that to me, even in a derogatory manner, I'd smile sweetly and thank them. Partly as it's true that I think it is a compliment and partly as it would put them back their box nicely;).

My current steed is a hairy bog cob, if I hadn’t clipped him, and he is awesome!!

Abi90

Visit site
Hairy bog cob!! ? They'd have apoplexy if I bred mine then ? (not that I will, thanks muscle myopathy ?). I love your mare Abi, I think I said last year on a thread that I was exited to see your foal because the mare is so smart. And I'm just so completely smitten by his pictures that I'm probably being a bit weird now... ?
Awww thank you ☺️ It probably is a bit weird but I love that people love him so much