Foods That Are Bad For Dogs

skinnydipper

Visit site
Fish is bad for dogs because of parasites in it.

and why I don't eat sushi. There's also a risk of bacterial infection, salmonella being just one.

I feed raw but not raw fish. It would have to have been frozen to a low enough temperature to kill the parasites (worms & flukes).

Cooking fish properly kills the parasites.

I give my dog sardines in spring water, dried sprats, dried capelin and dehydrated herring.

Last edited:

Mary T

Visit site
I been feeding my dogs, 2 Yorkies, boiled white fish for 14 years when they have an upset stomach. It settles them down immediately.

Mary T

Visit site
You can take chicken off there's nothing wrong with chicken bones aslong as they're raw. I feed Barf and mine get alot of legs/wings/carcasses e.t.c Raw pork bones are fine for smaller dogs who don't have the power to break them but not for bigger dogs.

I know many breeders and show handlers who feed garlic puree to ward off fleas.

Other than that I agree with everything else.
Totally agree re Chicken bones. My dogs each raw chicken bones daily

Jangle65

New User
Visit site
Yep. or have a teeny doggie.
laugh.gif
Which none of us do!
tongue.gif
Beastie likes apple and a bit of pear, but only wee bits containing no seeds.
My Bentley likes apple too x

Coco’s Dad

Visit site
My Dog had Pancreatitis and was so ill so did a complete change of diet. The Veterinary recommended Chappie and the change in my Pooch is so wonderful to see, and on another plus side, he loves it
We have put our boxer girl onto Chappie, again recommended by our vet, she loves it and the oils are great for her skin ?