For those of you on D.I.Y livery

PonyFeet10

Visit site
Just curious as to what you pay per week / per month and what it includes?
Also how would you class the yards condition, run down, or very well put together? Or somewhere in between? Would like to be able to compare what might be available to me with others :D

forestfantasy

Visit site
DIY £20 per week for stable & field.

Small yard/farm, only 5 horses.

No facilites except usual electricity/water etc but great hacking, hay/straw/haylage on site, 5 mins from my house and good grazing all year round :)

noodle_

Visit site
Im on part but really its assisted DIY (horse gets fed and put out)

outdoor 20x40, lovely stable with matting, brew room, individual turnout :)D ), all year turnout - even if its awful weather they go out which i love :)

Lovely owners, tack room, field to jump in etc

£35 a week. :) love it and never want to move :)

Zimzim

Visit site
I pay £130 per month and that includes haylage, good sized stable, locked tack room, storage for bedding/ feed, all year turnout (we have very good quality grazing so we certainly dont have skinny horses!), outdoor floodlit school, pretty good hacking (country lanes etc), about 20 mins ride away from our local show field where PC and RC events are held, about 10 mins from motorway.

It is on a working farm, however it is pretty tidy compared to other places I have seen. The fencing for the fields could be better constructed at times, but saying that I really like it there. :)

Last edited:

SpockkyBoy

Visit site
I pay £170 p/m

We have an 20 x 60m outdoor floodlit arena, all year turnout either paired or individual, wash bay with hot water, stable, alarmed tack room, trailer/horsebox parking, my hay/haylage is included too & owners on site.

Also have a girl who does services should I not be able to get down.

wattamus

Visit site
£17 a week base rate, includes water and use of a stable and the 40x40 school (which is flooded most of winter :p) . We buy straw off YO for £2 a bale (liklely to go up soon) and hay/ hayalge for 4p/lb. Mine usually works out in the region of £28-31 a week. £17 in summer as she's out 24/7, winter we have a paddock to let them run about in but it turns into a bog after two weeks so my horse doesn't go out in winter which she's happy with (she's been in 24/7 since September whils all horse were out during the day until end of No without her :p).
it isn't the most tidy of yards and the majority of the horses are X breds. But you get what you pay for. My horse has a nice stable on hard standing, no leaks in the roof and i know that my YO will always be there to help out if I'm stuck. Love my yard, but not too keen on some of the people in it but then again I'm a miserable bugger :D
the base rate for another DIY yard near me is £38 inluding all water/ straw/ all year turnout/ Hay/ Haylage. IMO it's probably worth the move but majority of the people there are quite snobby and would look down on my common cobby :p

Last edited:

jenni999

Visit site
West Berkshire (not the cheapest area). £170 per month for stable, grazing (individual or in a herd), lorry parking, 60x40 achool, 50x25 school, 30x30 school, show jumps, XC in summer. Hhacking excellent with gallops on site and woodland tracks. Staff on site 24/7 to do assisted etc. Moved away after 5 1/2 years because i thought I could get better, then came back after 18 months away as I realised I couldn't.

ScratchyMooMoo

Visit site
We pay £25.00 per week each, have huge rubber matted stables, (5 x 5metres), a well equipped tack room/kitchenette, feed room & toilet, we do have an arena with jumps (not flood lit though) all year round turn out and are totally self managed, we have about 20 Acres and only 4 horses/people. Hacking is pretty good too, we can ride around the farm and use the fields for fittening work etc in the summer. It does not include any services and we have to source our own hay and stuff, but we all get on really well and will help each other with turning out/mucking if needed.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
£11 p/w. Optional stable £2.50 p/w.

Excellent grazing, all year 24/7 turnout, isolation paddock, water, electric, open barns for shelter, grass menage and jumps, tack room, feed room, storage, washing facilities, horse box parking. Miles of hacking.

Ginger Bear

Visit site
£22.50 stable & grazing per week, grazing is amazing, stables are converted farm & yard was a cattle farm so not immaculate but in no way run down. Indoor lunging school (also large enough to ride in at a push) one 20x60 outdoor & one 20x40 outdoor menage, horse walker. Hay is £4.50 per bale, bought off the yard & straw £2.25.

EnduroRider

Visit site
£35 per week per horse.

We have a horse walker, round pen, 80m x 40m outdoor, 20m x 30m indoor, lorry parking, off road private permit tracks to ride around, cross country jumps field, showjumps, all year turnout but restricted to 6.30am - 5.00pm October to April, onsite dressage and show jumping through the summer.

Reasonably priced services available (well at least it would be reasonable with only one pony!) e.g. £2 to catch in and take off boots.

Yard is very well maintained, all areas swept at least once daily inc walker. Fields poo picked by machine thingy. All repairs dealt with speedily. It is the little things that make the difference, like reporting that the light bulb in your stable hos blown at 8am and it being all sorted when you return at 2pm.

heidiharvsnroo

Visit site
I'm on assisted DIY- as in horses are fed in the mornings for us. Everything else is down to me.

Its £36.50 a week, includes all my hay/haylage and straw (as much as I want), March through to October/November grazing, and then allocated slots for turn out through the winter. 2 outdoor excercise paddocks, indoor school, smaller turn out paddock, rug washing and repairing facilities, turn out can be alone or in groups, entirely up to us and what works, fantastic field for hacking and jumping in, and great hacking.

Yard is huge (4 different barns, I'm in the biggest barn with 13 horses and 2 secure tack rooms, and the 3 others have 6 in) . It is always clean and tidy, swept every morning, when we poo pick we only have to tip it outside our field and it is lifted away in a tractor each day. Anything in our stables needs repairing it is done within 24 hours.

Will take a lot to make me move.

lcharles

Visit site
I pay £85 for one of my horse on grass livery (can put them in pens though) per month and £100 for the other which has a stable as well.

Have 100's of acres of hacking, xc course, showjumps, indoor areana with mirrors and lights and outdoor with lights.

This also includes hay and straw.

Last edited:

StormyMoments

Visit site
£80 per month 2 acre field, stable and good hacking

its more like a farm then a yard, cows, sheep, chickens, geese

but is a good standard for the horses :)

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
£68 per month for stable. (I think!!) Yard is very well run and maintained.
Hay/straw/haylage on site, extra for those, all delivered to individual pallets each week.
Great summer turnout - limited winter turnout, but fine for us as we don't particularly use it - people who do find it very useful.
Fantastic hacking on and off road, field to jump in, indoor and outdoor school, horsebox parking, horse walker.
Owners live on site too and are brilliant.
K x

ShowJumperBeckii

Visit site
225 per month inc 20lb hay/haylege, two schools (indoor and out) jumps, hot wash room(waters not even warm) and solium but they are at extra cost, day turn out, stable, horsebox space, miles of hacking along the ickneild and ridgeway
I personally used to love the place shame its gone downhill so quickly.. x

JenTaz

Visit site
£140 a month, includes field, stable, use of 30 x 50 school with jumps and floodlit, hay and straw is included, turnout in small groups mainly because there arent many of us in the first place, nice small yard, secure tack room and seating for liveries with microwave fridge heaters etc, trailer parking, and loads of hacking both off road and off road, thing that made me move was a five minute hack from the beach that doesnt tend to get busy in the summer! also a number of yards in close distance which run competitions over the summer and the winter so great value for money :)

Mince Pie

Visit site
£130 pcm, big Monarch stables in an indoor barn, floodlight outdoor school and excellent hacking, AYTO, storage for hay/bedding and hay/haylage available for sale from the yard.

Queenbee

Visit site
£25 per week, option of hayage £7 a week and straw £6 a week, although I'm on wood pellets and hay. Large outdoor sand school, not floodlight, but with jumps, all year turn out, large indoor barn for stabling, lockable tack room, separate feed room, friendly helpful gang up there and best friend YO, Turnout for my two together, lots of people to ride out with... lovely place, not the poshest but I like it :D

Jingleballs

Visit site
£30 per week for assisted DIY on a small yard (8 horses/5 owners)

Y/O turns out and feeds Monday to Friday and I pay an extra £1 each day at the weekend for her to bring in/turn out so I only every have to go up once a day.

Yard has a 60x20 floodlit arena, jump, small jumping/xc field, 24/7 turn out April to October and pretty good turn out over the winter (about 9am until 6pm) although sometimes she brings them in a bit early if the weather is really bad and they look unhappy.

Also has really good hacking and free trailer parking.

That's generally the standard price around here although most other yards I know don't have the hacking we have or don't have the facilities that we do.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
£30 per week for the horse and £25 per week for the pony. Stables just about big enough for the horse. Includes adlib haylage, has floodlit school, ok hacking (but all on road and definitely not as good as other yards I've been at). Too many horses on the grazing and that will be the reason that I will be moving next spring unless the situation is sorted, however it's close to home and will do for now. Farmer builds more stables for more horses, but doesn't think about releasing more land for the horses.

Garfield1537

Visit site
£112 per month stable, field, no school but outstanding hacking and a good grass field to school on with a few jumps!
Only 12-15 liveries but all fab and a lovely livery x