For Welshie fans...

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Mine is pretty inbred on his pedigree. Hes a Registered D.

I've just gone back quite a few generations out of interest! Prior to 1830 he has Hackney in him a few times, in 1830's he has a bit of Arab and prior to 1950's Thoroughbred..

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Also up to about the early fifties section c went up to 14.2hh.
I didn't know that. My section C (unregistered) was born in 1968 and made a full up 13.2, borderline if anything. I always thought he was more a small D than a C but perhaps the lines between them were more blurred then. He certainly wasn't the more araby type you see now, much straighter profile.

Muddywellies

Visit site
How are you all finding this info? I have a Nebo black magic mare and am looking on all breed pedigree but can't find any cauliflowers, Brussels or Sprouts? And Hackney????

Visit site
If you go far enough back the ponies don't have names just - Stallion from XXX's. Mare by ZZZ etc!

Gray has Milkmaid in his far distant pedigree.

oldie48

Visit site
Well not particularly a Welshie fan but looked through Fatty's breeding and yes, Brocolli, Cauliflower and Sprouts all there! Sister to Old Country Wench is also there so clearly someone couldn't be bothered to choose a name. He also tracked back to Darley Arabian etc. Fascinating, I'm going to tell him all about his illustrious ancestors when I go to drag him out of the field. I thought I might find "Potato" in there but the closest I got to that was Potos a TB. Thinking about it, I bet a fair few on here would find we have common ancestry (very common in my case)!

Jeni the dragon

Visit site
I found allbreedpedigree really addictive! It's so interesting looking back at some of the lines.
Rog had fabulous breeding, though he should only have been around 12.2.
And the Fell pony pages are full of wonderful names! Merry Driver and British Boy sound great types!
I'm a bit sad that the Irish Yob doesn't have recorded breeding for me to go back through.

palo1

Visit site
All breeds pedigree is great isn't it? There are some errors in there I know; some breeding is slightly (not usually massively) mis-reported but in terms of the general breed profile and blood lines it is a fab tool!! I love looking at the various names and wish in a way, there was more of a culture/tradition of re-using old names. :) I can't re-name my horse but I love both the homely names of 'Bess', 'Jack' etc and the wonderful 'Rumbleford Mister Meaner', the Trotting Railway family and Alonzo The Brave (1866).

I have just found, way back, a genuine Merrylegs :)

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Have found an issue
https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/evolve

a 1958 aussie stock horse parenting an 1886 hackney seems unlikely lol
My stallion was on with his dam listed as younger than him too but not as much as that. Has now been corrected by someone.

Can anyone tell me how you see the photos that are shown as available for some horses? Do you have to be a subscriber?

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Nope, those with a photo have a red star next to them, then on their page if you hover over the small computer pic of a horse after their name it will show you the photo. If my description doesn't work I will screenshot :)

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Thank you, that works. Now just puzzled as to who put the photos on in my stallion's pedigree. They are mostly my photos but I didn't put them there. Thoroughly enjoying looking back at some of the TB's pictures.

oldie48

Visit site
Just for my amusement I have looked through for some of the horses we have owned over the years and can track them all back to Sister to Old Country Wench (grey 1713) reg breeds include Hannovarian (Rose), ISH (by Ricardo Z) Welsh C (Fatty) TB/ID (Bisto) AES (Charlie). Even found her for our connie mare who was by Templebready Fear Bui. So ultimately all back to Darcey's white Turk out of Royal Mare.

Visit site
Thank you, that works. Now just puzzled as to who put the photos on in my stallion's pedigree. They are mostly my photos but I didn't put them there. Thoroughly enjoying looking back at some of the TB's pictures.

People Google names of ponies, nick pics and put them on.

There is also a box just under where you type in the horses name that will drop down to give you more options. The photo option will show you all the ones in your ponies pedigree going way way back that have pics. They aren't in much of an order though ...