Gordon Elliott

Kipper's Dick

Visit site
An Irish word meaning involved in lending money at unreasonable high interest rates. A wheeler dealer looking to make a quick profit at someone elses expense or through the acceptance of bribes. (From Google)
What a great word. I'm going to add it to my vocabulary immediately.

Last edited:

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I glanced at the post this morning before going out. My impression was that the rider was being condemned ??‍♀️

By the few who had commented. The GE thread has been front page since the photo came out.

I've just listened to his statement about the penalty. He is taking it on the chin and considers it fair (even though by all accounts it is a very very hefty penalty) so I hope that people will be satisfied that it has been dealt with.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
GE has undertaken not to attend a race meeting or P2P for six months. The statement by the IHRB is measured and the punishment proportional. GE’s statement following the board decision is wholly satisfactory but I still don’t know how you can claim to love horses and that Morgan was loved and do what he did. No reasonable person could not think he has paid dearly enough for it though.

tristar

Visit site
The people who work there know, I know people who know people who work there. The stable is known for good standards of care, and the people who work there are some of the best.

having been on yards that promoted themselves as top class and turned out to be shiteholes when i was there person, i would not be convinced by someone who knows someone

hearsay is the word, and i am not expressing an opinion either way

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I may be wrong but hasn’t he got 2 weeks before the suspension kicks in? So after Cheltenham?
Suspension starts March 9th.

His post verdict statement does sound genuine, I have to say.

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/new...spended-fined-ihrb-referrals-committee-739390

Horses are my life. I love them,” he said. “No one comes into racing for money — it is a hard way to make a living. We are here because we love horses. Anyone who has visited my stables at Cullentra will see the meticulous care with which we treat our horses. I was disrespectful to a dead horse, an animal that had been a loyal servant to me and was loved by my staff.

“I will carry the burden of my transgressions for the rest of my career. I will never again disrespect a horse living or dead and I will not tolerate it in others.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
The Irish media is saying owners have until 9th March, which is when the ban takes effect, to transfer their horses to another yard if they want them to run at Cheltenham.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Why can’t someone else take over the licence and the horses stay where they are ?
I have time if the remuneration is satisfactory. Is that the ‘phone? I really don’t know Bonny. It would be so much better for the horses and the owners if that were doable and GE wouldn’t have to feel like such a gombeen (HHO word of the day).

Gingerwitch

Visit site
“I will carry the burden of my transgressions for the rest of my career. I will never again disrespect a horse living or dead and I will not tolerate it in others.
What a strange statement, I will never again disrespect a horse living (so has he been ?) or dead (the issue was a dead horse).
If he had not been disrespectful to living horses why would this even come into his statement?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
What a strange statement, I will never again disrespect a horse living (so has he been ?) or dead (the issue was a dead horse).
If he had not been disrespectful to living horses why would this even come into his statement?
I only know what is posted on here, but maybe this?
The person who had the photo for 18 months and didn't got to IHRB is quite likely to get pulled in front of the hearing too going on several accounts over here. It's been widely touted on social media who released the photo and there is another video of inappropriate/cruel behaviour of a horse, allegedly which she threatened to release. The existence of which makes the whole thing of a moment of madness harder to swallow.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
NEWS: Denise Foster tipped to replace Gordon Elliott (theirishfield.ie)

The entries will run at Cheltenham. All this must have been in place before the hearing, there is so much money at stake, there is no way horses that have been prepared for months would be not running. BHA has stated if horses in another trainers name by 9th March they can run in UK.
That seems an ideal solution for all involved. It would be so unfair to penalise the owners, yes, even him, by either making the horses move to another yard and risk running below par due to the disruption to their routine or not getting a run at all.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
That seems an ideal solution for all involved. It would be so unfair to penalise the owners, yes, even him, by either making the horses move to another yard and risk running below par due to the disruption to their routine or not getting a run at all.

Lets hope he can find it in himself to be more polite to her than he normally is to the fairer sex !

I wondered if JP would leave his horses at Elliotts, he seems such a kind gentleman and loves his horses putting huge finance into the racing world and ensuring retirement for his horses.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
What a great word. I'm going to add it to my vocabulary immediately.
Here's another one for you: gobshite. In the same family as gombeen, but gombeen's worse. The words have a whole lot more shade and nuance than the dictionary definition, but you kinda have to be Irish to get the full range of meaning. And GE's a gobshite too.