H&H not arriving on time

lannerch

Visit site
Sniping ? Me ? Nope...I'm just complaining about continued delays long after the transport difficluties have been and gone. And why shouldnt I be peeved about that ? Once maybe, twice possibly but 5 weeks in a row ?? when other post was getting through perfectly happily ?? It is a poor service.

Personally I buy the magazine for something to read... and when it doesnt show it makes buying it pointless. I could buy it from the store but pay up front for the convenience of having it delivered as I live 15 miles from the nearest stockist. Its not a matter of opening my eyes... they are open as far as I can get them already.

I for one am not seeing this thread as a reason to moan, Im keeping H&H up to date with the service they are providing ME. If you dont mind....

Except other post is still missing, don't kid youself you havn't kidded me!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
You'd better add BD to that list too as I've not had mine on time for well over a month now - usually get it the following tuesday/wednesday :O(
Kate x

We are sorry for the inconvenience - here is a further update from our distribution department.

---------------------------

All copies were collected on schedule from the mailing houses, however last week's adverse weather conditions coupled with a big increase of parcels in the Royal Mail network has resulted in delays in certain parts of the country.

Royal Mail have assured us that they are laying on extra staff to clear the backlog and are not prioritising parcels ahead of magazines and letters.

The areas most likely to be experiencing delays are:

South East & East Anglia - TW,SS, RM, PE, CM, IG, DA1-18, BR, CR, RH, BN, TN, CT, ME, KT15
South West - DT, BH, PO, SO, TR
Northern Ireland - BT
North of England - DL, M, CA, BB, SK, OL, CW, S, DN, LN, NE, SR, DH, LS, BD, HX, HD, YO, HU, and TS
Scotland - ML, DG11 & DG13, DD1-11 ,PH, TD1-14, FK, KY, AB10-16, 21-25, 30-35, 41-43, 45, 51, 53-56, ZE, KW1-13, KW15-17, IV1-5, 8-13, 17-22, 24, 28, 30, 36, 40, 42-43, 45-49, 51, 54-55 & 63, G32-24, 62, 64, 65, 67, 76, 77, 82-84, Rural parts of KA7,14,16,17, 24, EH1-42, 47-55

Midlands - NG

If any subscribers would like to discuss the problems we are currently experiencing please call 0844 848 0848.

SunSmile

Visit site
I'm still waiting for my copy of the 30th. The 23rd copy arrived on the 29th! I almost picked up a copy when i went shopping today and then decided i didnt want to waste my money twice...!!
It's very frustrating.

Violet

Visit site
Still no 23rd or 30th. Have had to buy the last few weeks which is a bit silly when I got a subscription.
Haven't had Eventing magazine yet either, think it was due towards the end of December.

riversideeu

Visit site
I am completely fed up with this. The last 6 issues have all been over a week late or not arrived at all, still no sign of 30th. When will this get sorted. I am in danger of having to stop my subscription after many years and just buy it when I can, at least I will get it !!!

Violet

Visit site
So what arrived in the post today?
No magazines at all only letters and a parcel.
Postman thinks magazines are stuck in London...

millitiger

Visit site
I have cancelled my direct debit.

ALL of my other post has arrived from December and was perhaps only 2 or 3 days late, from all over the country (and even some from America).

My H&H from the 23rd arrived yesterday, my 16th has yet to turn up and the 30th is missing as well.

Perhaps H&H could update us on why there are still delays and missing issues when there is no snow down south anymore and the rest of post is unaffected?

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I will be cancelling on Monday - I received the 23rd yesterday, still no 30th and this weeks not arrived either. I am not in an area badly affected by the snow or on the list of problem post codes that were posted so I really don't know what the problem is and tbh there is so little of interest these days I just can't be bothered with it. If I want one I will go and buy it at the local supermarket who ALWAYS has it on the Thursday. They have just taken the DD for the next 3 months - I assume they will refund?

aldiniti

New User
Visit site
Hi

I don't work for IPC but I do work for a b2b magazine publisher in London and am responsible for all subscriptions. I am also a HHO subscriber and my copy has not turned up this week.

The people you should be blaming are Royal Mail I'm afraid. Publishers have no clout with them whatsoever, and in non business locations we have no choice but to use them (in urban, business areas we use hand delivery networks such as citipost and if copies do not turn up we can investigate down to the driver that was supposed to deliver to a particular address to find out what has happened).

Unfortunately, there is no such recourse with the monopoly that is the Royal Mail and I am sure HHO are as annoyed as you are.

Not much help, but it is the unfortunate truth facing magazine publishers.

L

Violet

Visit site
I have just got the 30th December issue, no sign of this weeks. So what is the problem this week as there is no snow on the ground and the sun is shining?

caramel

Visit site
still not recieved this weeks. We've had post that was next day delivery, no issues with post, all snow is gone, roads are clear. What is the problem?????

DW Team

Visit site
Postman been again today (Sat) Still no H&H. Had parcels in from France today posted on Wednesday. Come on IPC sort this mess out.

Violet

Visit site
6th of January copy arrived today 10th of January. I have now received all my outstanding copies, will 13th of January arrive on Thursday?
There is no snow, no christmas post or bank holidays this week...

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
i complained today by phone, as the last 4 weeks have been very late, well i havent even got last weeks yet. they have credited me with the cost of these 4 editions! worth a phone call.