HAAS Grooming Brushes

Leo Walker

Visit site
post takes 4 to 5 days from Germany, so about the same time as the UK ones by the look of it.

You do seem very taken with eqclusive.com, sure you dont work for them? :lol:

Horseman_007

New User
Visit site
Most certainly not working for them - I wouldnt have a clue where to start being honest with you!

Just trying to share my extremely limited knowledge of a horse product I know and trust - thats all.

Had loads of great chats with folks on here since "jumping on the forum saddle" so thanks again for all your advice too.

Like everyone else, my knowledge on the dos and don'ts and the good and bad will get there eventually...

WelshD

Visit site
post takes 4 to 5 days from Germany, so about the same time as the UK ones by the look of it.

You do seem very taken with eqclusive.com, sure you dont work for them? :lol:

I'm not sure who you mean but to clarify I definitely don't work for them or have any motivation in plugging them :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
Theres some posts missing. From the man who bought them for his wife apparently. I think he'd made about 10 posts in total, 9 about eqclusive.com. Looks like the FC rumbled him. Makes me look like a total idiot now though :lol:

MagicMelon

Visit site
The two I bought arrived yesterday - haven't tried them yet. I got the Shimmel (which seems to be a rough bristled body brush) and the Diva type one which has a big pad of wool on the inside which I cant image will do much!! I guess it might buff the coat a little at the end of grooming... I'll be using it on a dark bay next week for a showing show so will see how I get on! I wouldnt say they feel expensive, the hand part feels plasticky etc.

WelshD

Visit site
The two I bought arrived yesterday - haven't tried them yet. I got the Shimmel (which seems to be a rough bristled body brush) and the Diva type one which has a big pad of wool on the inside which I cant image will do much!! I guess it might buff the coat a little at the end of grooming... I'll be using it on a dark bay next week for a showing show so will see how I get on! I wouldnt say they feel expensive, the hand part feels plasticky etc.

the Diva is a polishing brush, I am not even bothering to buy one until summer coats are well and truly here lol but I do love the Shimmel, its awesome. I was a little disappointed with the plasticky backs I must admit however I suppose that does make them quite sturdy and its the performance that needs to impress most

martulax

New User
Visit site
Hi Frankie.

Thank you for your honesty regarding Horze.

Do you feel we should reduce the prices to match Horze ones even though we have exclusivity in UK?

Appreciate it's off topic question but hope nobody minds it :)

Have a wonderful weekend.
Marta

LHIS

Visit site
Hi Frankie.

Thank you for your honesty regarding Horze.

Do you feel we should reduce the prices to match Horze ones even though we have exclusivity in UK?

Appreciate it's off topic question but hope nobody minds it :)

Have a wonderful weekend.
Marta

Just to say quickly - I've bought from both suppliers and am happy to pay a little more because the service from Horze was so slow, my order took 2 weeks to arrive. Your website is better and the range you hold is better.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Mine came within a few days from Horze. I buy from where ever cheapest usually so long as the service is reasonable. But to be honest I wouldn't buy anything from you on principal. The fake posts and stealth advertising by your other account meant you came across as completely untrustworthy and dishonest. So I'm afraid I wouldn't be ordering from you regardless.

Barlow

Visit site
I ordered a set having previously had Borstiq as new horse was arriving and thought he deserved his own set rather than something inherited. So far I'm impressed with the Schimmel but haven't really had enough use to see what the rest are like. A different look to Borstiq they aren't as expensive looking as some of the other traditional brushes but if they do the job that's fine with me.

martulax

New User
Visit site
Just to say quickly - I've bought from both suppliers and am happy to pay a little more because the service from Horze was so slow, my order took 2 weeks to arrive. Your website is better and the range you hold is better.

Thank you LHIS. Means a lot!

martulax

New User
Visit site
Mine came within a few days from Horze. I buy from where ever cheapest usually so long as the service is reasonable. But to be honest I wouldn't buy anything from you on principal. The fake posts and stealth advertising by your other account meant you came across as completely untrustworthy and dishonest. So I'm afraid I wouldn't be ordering from you regardless.

Hi Frankie. Thank you for your honest reply again.

First of all, I'm very sorry to hear that you feel I had posted fake posts and used stealth advertising. We are a start-up company, who is run by me, so please be assured none of those posts came from me. That is not in my nature to use fake advertising and will never go to the means of that.

I believe in all the products I sell, and I know I do not need to fake advertise, as they really work. I worked with most of the products since a very young age and can speak about them for hours.

I hope one day we will meet and you will appreciate that what you thought is totally untrue. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, spent with horses. :)

Marta

SuperH

Visit site
I know this is an older post but I wanted to update with my review of the brushes that I bought earlier in the year.

I purchased three brushes.

The Parcour. I bought this for my thin coated black mare. She is a very dusty horse and this brush does do a good job of getting through the dust. It is a lovely brush and does a beautiful finish on her. The back of the brush has a wood effect colouring and this has chipped when I've dropped it or knocked it in my grooming box, which is a shame but not the end of the world for me.

The Cavaliere. This I bought for my coarser coated chestnut. She can be a bit greasy. The brush does a nice job and cleans her up without too much effort at all so I am pleased with it from that point of view. However I've not had it long and already it has shed 8-10 sections of the outer white bristles. As one of their selling points is supposed to be longevity I'm not that thrilled with this. I was hoping the brush would last significantly longer.

The Felglantzburst(?) I can't quite make out the name, it is a blue backed brush with white bristles. This is supposed to be used after the other brushes to take off a final layer of dust before you polish them. The brush does indeed give a nice finish but it sheds like mad. Not that helpful when you use it on a black horse.

So all in all I like the brushes but it does seem that the quality varies between the different brushes. The parcour is great and I would recommend that one, the others are good but not sure that they warrant the price tag. I was thinking of buying a couple more but as I'm not sure how long they are going to last I'm holding off on my purchase for a while longer. Hope this helps those thinking about trying these.

SuperH

Visit site
I must also add, that while I was typing this post I had a reply from the company I bought the brushes from (I only emailed them this morning to tell them about the brush shedding bristles) and they are sending me a replacement brush and a curry comb, so can't fault how helpful they are. Hopefully this one will last longer!

Frances144

Visit site
I was thinking of buying one each for my daughters' (for Easter) Icelandic horses.

Why the different brushes for different colours? Is that a gimmick or actually necessary? Do they have dye in them? I tried asking on their FB page but just got waffle.

honetpot

Visit site
I have some beautiful natural bristle brushes that must be 40 years old, unbranded. When I was sixteen I used to groom and each horse got 45mins strapping every afternoon. They were never bathed, and the only way you got grease out of a coat was brushing, hot water and a cloth. Brush in one hand, curry comb in another, to clean out the brush.
A good bristle brush will only work as well as the arms using it, as to needing ones for different colours. That's a joke!

Nudibranch

Visit site
A good bristle brush will only work as well as the arms using it, as to needing ones for different colours. That's a joke!

This! I'm a bit stumped as to the hype about these brushes. Admittedly I haven't used them but until such time as they get up and do the grooming for me, I think I'll be sticking to my trusty old set. It's a bit like the whole LeMieux thing. I just don't have the hours in the day.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Having seen some of the shockingly awful, cheap, synthetic brushes at my local tack shop, I can see how someone who has previously had only those, finds the HAAS ones utterly amazing by comparison. There are other makers of really good brushes out there too, they just don't have the hype.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The HAAS brushes are effective, well made tough brushes that really do work. I use the four brushes in turn that comprise the bay/chestnut set, and each brush removes more dirt and crud than the one before. I take no more than 10 minutes to groom each horse, and having good tools to do the job makes it all much easier.

I'd certainly spend my money on these brushes than waste it on matchy matchy, and anyhow they are not that expensive.

WelshD

Visit site
I like the HAAS brushes, if nothing else they do make people focus on grooming and I'm sure there are a heck of a lot of better looking equines out there as a result! it seems grooming is a bit of a lost art for many

The thinking of the different colour coat sets is that different colour hair has different textures so the brushes are the ones most appropriate for that colour I personally dont buy in to this but I have purchased various brushes from the collections individually and am very pleased with every single one that I've bought, I also got some of their childs brushes which are good for small hands!

My suggestion would be to read the descriptions of each brush and pick one or two to add to your existing grooming kit

The brushes are nice ones and its a shame that the whole 'buy as a set' thing is putting people off

Would highly recommend Polished Ponies website for purchasing

wench

Visit site
The HAAS brushes are effective, well made tough brushes that really do work. I use the four brushes in turn that comprise the bay/chestnut set, and each brush removes more dirt and crud than the one before. I take no more than 10 minutes to groom each horse, and having good tools to do the job makes it all much easier.

I'd certainly spend my money on these brushes than waste it on matchy matchy, and anyhow they are not that expensive.

Which ones come in the chestnut set?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Can anyone reccommend a good set of grooming brushes that are NOT colour coat specific that are exactly what they say they are.

Do you mean from the HAAS range?
If so I have the Military, Schimmel and Diva and used in that order give a lovely finish on my horse. I also have the Mustang which is great for mud and shedding.

I purchased mine from athleteshop.co.uk :)