Halloween weekend plans :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I was supposed to be having a sj/arena xc lesson tomorrow with esteemed (by some) trainer, but have just messaged him to say that now the forecast has been updated, I'm not v keen on driving in 45mph winds and sluicing rain at just after 8 tomorrow morning, so am trying to re book for next week.
Otherwise, nowt a lot planned really....

Good luck to the few competing and enjoy horse time to everyone else.

Wheels

Visit site
Well after another lost shoe this week I decided to just try M barefoot, thought he was trying to tell me something lol

So will give him a few weeks off to get used to the idea and then see how he is.

Good luck to anyone competing or doing other exciting things!

comet!

Visit site
Just spotted the first results coming in from the BD associated champs at Bury Farm. Anyone going? disappointed not to be there this year, having attended every year previously. Especially as there's NO native entry in the PSG, such a shame to have these classes running but not supported :( hopefully be back next year :confused:

I was there Thursday and yesterday. I was indoors, but still very glad I’m not there today as it’s horrible here (I’m about 20 miles from bury farm) and I don’t have much enthusiasm for wind and sideways rain!

Snowfilly

Visit site
A new horse arrived!

I swore, including on this forum, I wouldn't have another after losing my clydesdale at Christmas, but life and things changed, and I've been looking seriously for about 2 months now.

I wanted 14.2 -16.2, preferably either native or coloured to open up showing classes and ideally 4-6 so I can do the fun parts, and a gelding, and for the first time ever, I stuck fairly close to all that.

He's 15 hands ish at his bum, 3.5 years, hacks out in walk and never set foot in a school or had shoes on, very cuddly and incredibly SPOTTY! No idea on breeding but I think he'll make a nice RC sort and I figured I might as well get something decent with my redundancy payout.

He arrived home safely this morning, despite a long trip after the storm, and settled straight in with his new herd (mum's retired broodmare and companion pony.)

I haven't stopped smiling all week, and now he's home, I feel happier than I have since I lost my boy.

(I am not looking at fancy head collars on ebay already...)

Reacher

Visit site
Well my lesson didn’t occur....because I very stupidly fell downstairs this morning. Nothing broken, but fainted and felt rather ropey for a while afterwards so cancelled lesson 😭

Bernster

Visit site
How was the ground Michen? Last minute stress about parking tmrw but seems ok so heading off for our first outing of the year.

Michen

Visit site
How was the ground Michen? Last minute stress about parking tmrw but seems ok so heading off for our first outing of the year.

Absolutely fine but we were on Salisbury plain.. and to be honest when it was deep I was quite happy to pop boggle into it to attempt to steady him up!

Snowfilly

Visit site
Stress from work has given me temporary insanity I think, so this happened 🙈.

View attachment 38173
View attachment 38174
Name is currently also a little bonkers, what do we think to Huffle, short for Hufflepuff?

Sorry to see so many on the injured list 😓.

Snowfilly we need pictures!

He's gorgous and I love Huffle as a name! Or Cedric?!

No pics of my boy, the forum keeps saying they're too large to upload...and he looks a total mud monster this morning, good job I saw the spots yesterday otherwise is have thought I brought a black!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
He's gorgous and I love Huffle as a name! Or Cedric?!

No pics of my boy, the forum keeps saying they're too large to upload...and he looks a total mud monster this morning, good job I saw the spots yesterday otherwise is have thought I brought a black!

if you’re uploading straight from a phone you should be able to change the size, but otherwise I’m not sure.

Can’t have Cedric as she’s a girly kitten 🤣.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
lovely pics Michen :)
what a good Boggle.

Was just about to send off our first show entries for Wednesday when I got a phone call rescheduling my lesson so both would have been on the same day. No matter, would rather have the lesson and takes the pressure off this week a bit. But I had been quite looking forward to it! Looking at an outdoor dress-down date in a fortnight instead :)

rosiesowner

Visit site
Yesterday I put aside the sparkly silver jacket and glossy blue hat and pulled out the tweed and skull cap!

It was the most soaked I have ever been at a competition! Chill had a 33.5 dressage, one down sj and 6 time faults xc to finish 3rd! She was such a good girl all day and an absolute legend to carry on the way she did.

Dressage was sweet, especially as her warm up was the walk to the dressage field which was longer than I anticipated, hence not having a warm up! No video as the rain was coming in sheets, but she just put her head down and got to work. I was really pleased but expected a 37 score so was pleasantly surprised at being 2nd after dressage!

Jumping was a bit messy, as you'll see in the video below. If any of you saw my post last week where we were popping 1m5 with no problems you'll understand why this video makes me cringe a bit. I'm riding badly with a lot of unnecessary vocal encouragement and putting her on dodgy lines, hence number 8 went flying! I just don't fully trust her jumping a course with fillers yet (been decked one too many times), but I hope that since doing that one fine I'll be a bit more confident.

Finally, cross country. We were all thoroughly soaked to the skin by this point, and ready to get it over with! Considering the weather, the ground held up well and didn't get too crazily bad at all. It was a bit cut up and slippery though, so I got her into a steadier rhythm and took it more slowly than usual, as I didn't want her to slip on any corners or at any take off points as that was where it was muddy. At the risk of jinxing cross country entirely for us, it felt like we were going for a hack around a park. She just makes it so easy and I'd happily jump anything on her cross country (well, almost anything!!)

I think you can see that pretty well illustrated in the photos I bought; SJ I'm all tense and grippy and my hands are tight, XC I look a lot more relaxed.

I'm so proud of her! She knows the job but can be tricky and opinionated, so to get her head down and on with the job like she did in the sideways rain was fab. And the rosette was a lovely bonus too!

Show jumping:
74474278_557716748105776_6056491992936873984_n.jpg

XC:
74179549_394685641413110_356253423940665344_n.jpg

DirectorFury

Visit site
Amazing photos Michen, RO, and AH! Boggle looks keen Michen :p.

I didn't ride yesterday as we had 2 simultaneous weather warnings but we went for a quick jaunt round the block this morning. I was intending that we'd just walk but M is rather jolly at the moment (and back in the Pelham and grackle!) so we did a fair bit of trotting. She's dropped loads of weight over the last 6 weeks and is looking and feeling fabulous :).
Next week I need to bath and re-clip her and order some tyres for the trailer.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
First week in my new job, 4:45am alarms and 2.5hrs of travelling everyday has taken some getting used too.
Only managed to ride twice in the week before sunset:(

So we had some fun today over some new jumps & fillers at the yard, little superstar as per. And I dragged the boyfriend with me for photos and jump help...much to his delight;)

Hope everyone had a good weekend, the weather on Saturday was so awful I was soaked to my pants!!

IMG_4984.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4985.jpg

Pippity

Visit site
Despite my best attempts to keep Blue's rehab slow and steady, on Friday she decided she'd had enough of that nonsense, and gleefully tanked off down the Trans-Pennine Trail. I figured if she's feeling healthy enough for that, she's probably healthy enough for some light schooling under saddle, so this evening we did a few circles and corners to see if she remembered anything.

It took fifteen minutes or so for her to accept that, no, she wasn't allowed to motorbike round and, yes, she did have to keep all four legs on the ground, but then she softened, dropped her nose, and gave me some really nice work.

Physio is coming out next weekend, and hopefully we'll get the okay to ramp up the school work. Otherwise, I'm going to be very limited on how much I can exercise her for the next few months.

J&S

Visit site
The weather here in Devon on Saturday was just horrendous. Ponies spent a lot of the time in side so today I was determined to get them out. I do lead and ride and I really had my hands full! Coloured can look more Arab than a pure Arab with her neck arched and her tail over her back and the pony was bouncing along beside her, spooks in every gateway and rather too much activity from the horses let out in their fields. They really aught to be proper "Granny hacks"!

oldie48

Visit site
MP I hope the scan goes well and don't forget to let me know if you are coming this way.
Snowfilly, def need pics
BenvardenRach2, I admire your work ethic, just exhausted thinking about it
Michen, great pics and you look so happy!!
sorry so many are off games with injuries etc but at least you aren't missing good weather.
Rose was lunged on Friday and was a bit naughty. She's very full of herself ATM and seems to have an opinion about everything. I was supposed to be having a lesson on Saturday but that was cancelled because of the weather, actually it would have beeen fine! So I hacked her out today, tbh I expected her to be quite fresh but she was her usual self. For various reasons she's had a bit of a stop/strt time with very little hacking and I think she was getting a bit fed up with being in a school but hopefully, now I have recovered from the latest injury, I can ensure she has a bit more variety.