Hat hair!

oldie48

Visit site
Following a visit to the hairdresser (one of my least favourite ways to spend an afternoon but it prevents me from looking like a rat peering through a hedge) I rode today and for the first time ever my hair looked better post ride! I don't know what that says about my hairdresser though! Totally pointless post of course except to say that Rose went very well. Anyone else loathe going to the hairdresser?

Roxylola

Visit site
It depends for me, it's a bit of a chore and if the hairdresser dries my hair straight it shows off my Kryten shaped head beautifully :oops:
However, my current hairdresser comes to me, she's quick, chatty in a good way and quite pleasant. So I don't hate it.
I rarely mess with my hair much at all styling wise so I don't love a real perfectionist who spends ages tweaking bits as I know it's just a waste of all our time. However I do need to look at altering my style, it's too short for a bobble and long enough at the front that I spent some time jumping literally blind last weekend as it blew in my face! So fringe or growth

Dyllymoo

Visit site
I hate going, they always cut loads off (because I hate going) and then it goes curly and short because of this.

I wish I enjoyed it so that I didn't look like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards all the time, but there we go.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
I loathe going to the hairdresser.. Haven't been for years.
Not only did I spend the best part of a morning or afternoon sitting and getting a numb bum, but then I was presented with a three figure bill and my hair still wasn't usually as I'd wanted... A couple of weeks later and it was all grown out.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
have never been!
My mum cut my hair when I was a child (hated that!) and now I just chop off the ends when they get too raggedy. Benefit of having no hairstyle is that there's nothing to keep up or ruin ;)

Before my wedding I had a mobile lady come and colour it for me, but tbh she got more on my skin than I do if I just dollop it on so I will not bother again!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I hate the hairdresser. I dont like the forced chit chat and having people messing with me, so I cut my own. Its long and layered so its easy to do. A cut a fringe in last year as well, a short blunt one. I go through phases of loving it and loathing it but its staying for now. Its got a growing out ombre colour that I did as well. I might highlight it next time just for a change. Or more likely I will think about highlighting it and get round to it 2026 maybe!

Reacher

Visit site
I hate the forced chit chat too. I go to a cheap and cheerful hairdressers (£10 for a trim). I ask for an inch off but get a centimetre off instead and usually a wonky fringe

SpottyMare

Visit site
My hairdresser comes to me at home, and doesn't bat an eyelid if I greet her straight from the yard in my scruffs and smelling of horse :D She has dogs herself and her aunt has horses. I do feel guilty though that after she's blow dried it beautifully, I stick it in a pony tail to go back up to the yard...

I don't think I could cope with going to a hairdresser in town now!

oldie48

Visit site
I hate the forced chit chat too. I go to a cheap and cheerful hairdressers (£10 for a trim). I ask for an inch off but get a centimetre off instead and usually a wonky fringe
What is it about hairdressers that they can't estimate? I've lost count of the number of times I've ended up with my hair far too short. I have a very small head, I don't need it to look any smaller!

Annagain

Visit site
I'm not a fan of the hairdresser. I really dislike people touching my hair. Even as a child, I wouldn't let mum brush it or put it in a pony tail so I had to put up with having it chopped off every few months. Mum would have to hold my head still for the hairdresser. It's well known my family that I have a 'tender scalp' - a phrase my grandmother coined that stuck!

I am fortunate however that I have poker straight, very fine hair and it never looks any different, hat or no hat! It's exceptionally boring but very easy, I'm the only person I know who uses the hot air blower in the car to dry her hair!

rowan666

Visit site
Another who has never been to a hairdresser, my hair is lucky if it gets a brush once a week, I've got really long hair so it's full of knots but I just give it a quick trim and drag some straighteners through it on the rare occasion I go anywhere other than work and farm. I dont really have time to care what I look like ?

still standing

Visit site
I hate the time spent in the hairdresser because when I get a colour put in (I refuse to 'go grey' despite my age) it usually takes 3 hours. When I used to colour it myself it only took half an hour, why is that? I could go back to colouring it myself but I kept leaving a huge grey root section at the back where I have a cows lick and couldn't see it. But however wonderful my hair looks, the moment my riding hat goes on my head starts to sweat and at the end of a ride/lesson I am a dripping mess anyway.

scats

Visit site
Ohhh me too :(

Fiona

People truly don’t understand how uncooperative cows licks are unless they have one, do they? Even my hairdresser says that if she doesn’t get full control of my fringe straight away, it’s basically completely out of control. I can’t leave it to dry on its own or I look like I’ve been hit with a pan. I have to dry and style my side fringe within 1 minute of washing it, or it forms a whole new personality on top of my head.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Never darkened the door of a hairdressers.....when the apocalypse comes I'm afraid they'll be up against the wall together with all the lawyers, barristas, advertising executives and other sundry "not required for the continuation of the species" types.

*Apologies to anyone who is a hairdresser, lawyer, barrista or advertising person. (But you'll still have to go....)

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I go 3 X a year to have it hacked back. It is curly so doesn't look much different. I mainly go so it is thinned out with the layers.

I am just going grey gracefully. Can't be bothered with fuss. I call them silver streaks!

Hair looks pretty much the same when I take a hat off or when I get out of bed. I just blow dry it upside down, until it is 2/3 dry, and spray with hair spray so the curls are defined and it is not frizzy. It does not get at all greasy, so I could go 2 or even 3 days without washing and simply chuck my head upside down, shake it, spray it and be good to go again, but I feel better when it is washed daily.

The funny thing is, many people think it actually looks great, despite it being wash and wear!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Following a spate of disastrous hairdressing experiences I’ve been a DIYer for years. Shoulder length straight chop and lightening because despite my almost 65 years I still have dark roots. Old tart is not a good look.

chaps89

Visit site
The hairdresser is my one luxury to myself outside of having a horse.
But only because I have a good one and no longer dread going! I also get discount because I let him do whatever he wants do he gets to be creative and do something different.
I have short hair so have to go every 4 weeks but that aside it's very low maintenance - wash every 2 or 3 days and whizz the hairdryer over it for 2 mins then done. Also looks no different after wearing my hat too generally.

Lexi_

Visit site
I hate small talk, people touching my hair, and looking at myself in mirrors. I therefore go to the hairdresser as infrequently as possible - think it was about 18 months between visits last time.

luckyoldme

Visit site
I hate the commitment.
I told my husband this last week and he shaved it off..gave me a number 5. Now that im used to it ots perfect!!x

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I have pixie length hair, where the sides and back are short short, like a couple cm long and then the top is cheek bone length-ish and I dry it so it has volume and hair spray it up - this means I have to go to the hairdressers every 4 weeks, but he is a friend (which is lucky as his cuts are actually £80 full salon price - eeek!)

It looks HORRENDOUS once I take my hat off, as it all gets smooshed down and I look like a pre-pubescent boy, but it is what it is. I am so jealous of people who can put their hair into a ponytail and crack on.

One benefit though is that I can hide it all under a woolly hat in the mornings, and then style it when I get back from the yard and it doesn't then smell like horse.

PurBee

Visit site
Hairdressers female aren’t my thing after them doing what they wanted with it.

So i then went to male only hairdressers....much better, they listen! They do what you ask for!
BUT if theyre gay theyll natter on and try to make you look like barbie ;) i even had to allow him to use half a can of hairspray to ‘fix his creation’ due to the pleading, the puppydog eyes, the lip wobble and the hand on hip stance. That was in california...last time i went to a hairdresser, many moons ago.

holeymoley

Visit site
Oh yes mines been taking 2.5/3hours recently. God knows how. So boring. I’m not a fan of the drying either, I always go home and give it a good brush and a bit more style! All I need are the highlights and I’d do the rest myself. Not to mention the painful enduring of the sinks! Gosh they’re so uncomfy.

Visit site
I'm not a fan of the hairdresser. I really dislike people touching my hair. Even as a child, I wouldn't let mum brush it or put it in a pony tail so I had to put up with having it chopped off every few months. Mum would have to hold my head still for the hairdresser. It's well known my family that I have a 'tender scalp' - a phrase my grandmother coined that stuck!

I am fortunate however that I have poker straight, very fine hair and it never looks any different, hat or no hat! It's exceptionally boring but very easy, I'm the only person I know who uses the hot air blower in the car to dry her hair!

I can second that! I haven't been to the hair dressers in over 15 years! I just trim the ends off myself every so often as I have long, thin, poker straight hair. I rarely blow dry it at home but thats what the car heaters are for are they not!?! Better than most hair dryers on the market!

My OH gets his cut every 4 or 5 weeks.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
The livery I share my field with is a hairdresser. He comes to my house and did it for free yesterday. He even tarts it up for the works Christmas do every year.
He does it at the yard after we've mucked out with me sitting on a mounting block.
that sounds perfect! :D

cauda equina

Visit site
I don't mind hat hair at all
Static hair on the other hand is a pain and hard to avoid, given that most headbands and beanie type hats are made of acrylic or similar stuff