hats off to ellen

marmite

Visit site
just been watching the live olympia and i have to say bravo to ellen whittaker i have never seen passion and the will to win like that in my life.
I know she got knocked off the leader board into second but by a much more mature and experienced rider at an international level.
But hat off to the girl she went out there to win and set a high bar and really put the pressure on im so pleased for her she rode like a true champ.

showjump2003

Visit site
It was a very good ride by her. I still hate her for her figure though
wink.gif
- no one should look that good in jods lol

marmite

Visit site
lol i noticed how tucked and curved she is in the red jumping jacket and she has a stunning figure.

But i am so proud of her and what a high bar to set for everyone else i hate been first in a jump off.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The girl needs a hair net.

[/ QUOTE ]

here here, and one with a nice velvet bow clasp on it eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

damn it, stick her in little pig tails and ribbons and be done with it....
grin.gif

k9h

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The girl needs a hair net.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that the BSJA brought out a rule a few years ago due to Health & safety that hair must not be below shoulders???
Or did I just dream that???

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Did you see her bit of bling in her belly button on the puissance coverage?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow fab! out goes the stuffy image of Sj-ing eh? me thinks someone's being rebellious
grin.gif
Imagine getting that stuck on your Jodhs over a 7ft fence......

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And maybe some jodphur (sp?) boots and joddy clips to complete the look
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe her mum could run next to her in a matching outfit...right over the fences and all......

Elmere

Visit site
Lol you didnt sound moody, yeah she's a good rider but i could do that if i'd been given the oppurtinies she's had, doesn't make her less of a rider, i just don't give her as much praise as someone who's struggled and done it by thereselves out of natural ability
wink.gif

marmite

Visit site
yeah i agree with that to a certain degree i think if i had not been in such a hurry to have the horses and spent the money on training i would be a much better rider infact im rubbish to be honest.
But i think she really should of got that tonight she showed quick thinking,good judgement,talent and above all a total ammount of trust in her horse and that to me is priceless.

lisaward

Visit site
well i think fair play to the girl,she is a brilliant rider regardless of what ever help she has had,i don't think she would get there without dedication on her part.

makes me a bit pissed off really as all people want to do is put british people down ,wonder why we don't get much on tv ,
get behind our riders please.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
I will never say hats off to ellen whitaker after the stroppy spoilt childish behaviour i witnessed from her in the christmas stakes on friday. She may well ride locarno well but not the others. Friday, horse knocked a jump so she sawed at his mouth then booted him with the spurs and wondered why he reacted badly, then on the way out of the arena into the warm up she was hauling at its mouth, then pelted it around the warm up over n over the fence.
So no, sorry, not hats off to ellen.
Rant over.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah she's a good rider but i could do that if i'd been given the oppurtinies she's had,

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you??
Sorry to be cynical but that is just too easy to say.

Opportunities or not, if you have talent then you have it. Ellen's opportunities have only made it a little easier for her but those that are good enough will get to the top anyway eg. Helen Tredwell, they just might have to make a few more sacrifices along the way, not travel in as much style etc.

So do tell us what you have achieved, that shows you have the talent and thus would indicate you would be as good as Ellen Whitaker if you had the opportunities she has had?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe her mum could run next to her in a matching outfit...right over the fences and all......

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pay good money to see somebody do that.