He’s here…

Chiffy

Visit site
Oh Clodagh, I like to hear what’s going on! My house is big with very thick walls. I have a baby alarm so I know what’s going on in the dog room! I am sure he will settle quickly as he has company and a busy day!

Clodagh

Visit site
Oh Clodagh, I like to hear what’s going on! My house is big with very thick walls. I have a baby alarm so I know what’s going on in the dog room! I am sure he will settle quickly as he has company and a busy day!
Oh my, we used to shut puppy in the kitchen and sleep in the bedroom, they were as far apart as could be!

Chiffy

Visit site
Clodagh, I don’t rush down at every little noise. My dogs are quiet and easy at night, so if there is noise it means something is wrong, very rare.
For puppies, I don’t go down all the time, but I like to know if they aren’t sleeping. My latest rescue just couldn’t settle in a crate, I tried for a noisy week and felt so sorry for the others. The minute I gave up and let her just mingle with the others, she was fine, but I needed to know what was going on.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

My bedroom is directly over the dogs, so if there is a problem, I can hear them. It is very rare that I have to get up but if anyone is ill, I can sort it out.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mine got me up at 5.30 because Bear wanted mummy cuddles so disturbed them by going upstairs. I remember looking after my bil’s puppy for his first 2 weeks and getting up at 4am to put him out for wees, then putting him between us for cuddles. No chance of that with two, they just wind each other up.

Clodagh

Visit site
Mine got me up at 5.30 because Bear wanted mummy cuddles so disturbed them by going upstairs. I remember looking after my bil’s puppy for his first 2 weeks and getting up at 4am to put him out for wees, then putting him between us for cuddles. No chance of that with two, they just wind each other up.
Never would I have a puppy in bed!

Clodagh

Visit site
He’s extremely sweet. Getting drier by the hour but his bladder is a lot bigger than an 8 week old.
His pedigree is pretty well all red, he’ll either be amazing or useless! (I do know if he’s useless it will be down to me ?).

Attachments

• BAB05587-2F65-4E3D-9972-F09B23D324DE.jpeg
    BAB05587-2F65-4E3D-9972-F09B23D324DE.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 28

Clodagh

Visit site
I’m never keen on them lying like this and tend to move them so they tuck their legs in. Unnecessarily neurotic or a good plan?

Attachments

• 6C679C48-6E2F-421B-9DDD-E95C8BE1DDBA.jpeg
    6C679C48-6E2F-421B-9DDD-E95C8BE1DDBA.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 70

Hepsibah

Visit site
It's a sploot. Some dogs enjoy splooting like they enjoy a good stretch. It doesn't damage anything but it can be a sign of a dog trying to ease discomfort. If you're concerned you could ask a vet to check his hips but if he's young he's probably just having a really comfy sploot.

BallyJ

Visit site
He is rather handsome Clodagh! I do not envy you with the puppy life though.

How are the girls finding having a boy around?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I’m never keen on them lying like this and tend to move them so they tuck their legs in. Unnecessarily neurotic or a good plan?

I remember reading a study on hip issues and this position is apparently just the flexibility of the young as already mentioned. My two both lie like this. The study mentioned sliding round slippy floors as being a potential problem later in life, which worries me, we have tiles/laminate downstairs and they do run round like nutters and slip. ?

Clodagh

Visit site
I actually quite like him now.
Sleeping through 9.30 to 5.30 and dry in the house.
He runs back to me with anything he finds although does often not want to actually give it to me. Very responsive to his name. If he would just stop standing in widdle we’d be grand.

Attachments

• 7F0005B7-9E28-4911-BB40-85B0483E1CE2.jpeg
    7F0005B7-9E28-4911-BB40-85B0483E1CE2.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

janem_g

Visit site
He has a beautiful face, lovely eyes. I love looking at all the lab pictures on here, adore them but couldn't sadly exercise one well enough.