healing vibes for my boy

ozpoz

Visit site
I hope your boy keeps improving and you’re getting through such a difficult time. Thinking of you both. Xx

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Well just got back from mums funeral, cronic migraine from driving to Essex and back, very emotional wedding but My mum would have love it with all her friends there.

Called for an update before I left, he started colicking early afternoon - but they changed the "Management" and he seemed more comfortable heart rate still higher than it should be, being watched on cctv and 1/2 hr checks.

There is talk of going in again to flush out remaining feed matter, they did find some long pieces of haylage so not sure if he now needs pellet food or if the dentist did not do a good job, he was done Feb 2022.

Tired and hope they don't call tonight, only managed 1/2 packet crisp last night and half my weetabix this morning , that is all I have had since Yesterday morning

Love this boy so much:(

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
What a rough time you're having. Glad your mum would have approved of her send off. I hope your boy settles and that you manage to get some rest and food into yourself.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Oh how awful it is so stressful. My boy had about 8ft of intestine removed due to a gastrosplenic entrapment. The first few days afterwards can be very tough, mine had internal bleeding which made him quite poorly but I was also told that their digestive system can also sort of freeze up and can take a bit of going again.

He is now going great and you wouldn't know he had anything wrong.

Glad the funeral went as well as it could.

Lucky Snowball

Visit site
So sorry to hear about your poor horse and what an awful time for it to happen. Try to get some sleep and something to eat, plenty of fluid and let's hope tomorrow brings good news. Everything crossed.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
RVC called n about 1 hr ago (unexpected) and I was on the phone nearly an hour , I did not expect another call after my last call at 5 ish.

She said he got uncomfortable earlier this evening so they gave him more pain killers, still reflux but lest than some horses who do 10 litres as my boy is doing 2 1/2. They are monitoring his heart and bloods and fluids, when she gave him the pain killer she said as she was talking to me he was just standing still which is good. They are due to give him the next Fynadine at midnight but will bring it nearer if he gets uncomfortable again..

I hope they don't call me in the night, as that will be a bad sign as maybe the surgical part of intestine is not happy as she calls it. I need some sleep.

They are hoping for less reflux which means less fluids need and he is keeping hydrated. So many things to watch out for, and just heard from my handyman, that he had a horse with twisted gut and they made him better and he came right.

We are hoping that the gut might start moving again but its only been a short time since surgery and the gut needs to try to be in a better state, So unless I get a call in the night It will be tomorrow when the next update. as I will be too tired to update during the night.
If she calls me during the night.

Thankyou so much for the vibes and thoughts and cares, so lovely to have support in our hours of need :)

Ceriann

Visit site
Hoping he stabilises over the next few days- what an awful time you are having. He’s in the very best place and obviously getting very good care.