Healing vibes needed

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Fingers crossed that the first two medicines helps. Nice to hear that she's at least still interested in what is happening in the home, I view that as a good sign.

In your shoes, I would still try to get hold of new YuMove, as soon as possible. Even if the current problem probably/maybe was caused by her accidentally doing something, and even though I wouldn't say they always makes a big difference, I really think YuMove, and similar products, often have at least a small positive effect, which might help tip the scale in the right direction.

It's so double, it's a treasure when you get to keep them for long, but there's also a worry, because in the back of your head you know that anything that turns up can be that last thing.
Hopefully you can get her in to the car without too much trouble next Monday.

fankino04

Visit site
Fingers crossed that the first two medicines helps. Nice to hear that she's at least still interested in what is happening in the home, I view that as a good sign.

In your shoes, I would still try to get hold of new YuMove, as soon as possible. Even if the current problem probably/maybe was caused by her accidentally doing something, and even though I wouldn't say they always makes a big difference, I really think YuMove, and similar products, often have at least a small positive effect, which might help tip the scale in the right direction.

It's so double, it's a treasure when you get to keep them for long, but there's also a worry, because in the back of your head you know that anything that turns up can be that last thing.
Hopefully you can get her in to the car without too much trouble next Monday.
Her delivery should arrive today but I've just borrowed a few days from a client in case so will give her some when I get home after lunch and will get some turmeric capsules from Holland and Barrett for her too. ( The difference in thermal images scans before and after starting turmeric was huge)

fankino04

Visit site
Yet your vet won’t come out. Bloody shameful ??
I don't get what the issue is, people are allowed indoors up to 6 now, they could treat in the garden instead but all are saying no due to covid, I don't think I'm wrong to worry that I could injure her more trying to get her in the car am I?

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Yet your vet won’t come out. Bloody shameful ??

I think it's probably the time factor as much as anything, vets were doing less and less house calls even before covid. There is a vet in my area who does do house calls, mainly for palliative care, might be worth seeing if there is anything similar local to you OP.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
I don't get what the issue is, people are allowed indoors up to 6 now, they could treat in the garden instead but all are saying no due to covid, I don't think I'm wrong to worry that I could injure her more trying to get her in the car am I?

All things considered, her age, that you happen to have, and checked her with a Thermal imaging camera, that a veterinarian have looked at the video you sent them, and prescribed medicines + told you to just let her take it easy for a few day (which sounds like the most likely type of advice they would've sent you home with even if they had seen her at their clinic), I mainly think it sounds sensible to not try to get her in a car at the moment.

There's a part of me that of course would have preferred if a veterinarian had seen her in real life, but it's not as if you're ignoring the problem, you're doing what seems sensible to do here and now. If you notice that the medicines aren't helping/that it gets worse, you can always change the decision later, and decide that you will simply have to get her in a car/some other type of transport no matter what.

Would she obey if you told her to lie down on a small sturdy board or similar placed on the ground, which you + another person then would have to lift up, and carry to the car? Instead of having one person at the front, and one at the back, I think it would be more steady if the people is placed one on each side of the board. Besides, the closer to the car the board can be placed, the less carrying, and the more mainly lifting it up, it would involve.

Last edited:

fankino04

Visit site
All things considered, her age, that you happen to have, and checked her with a Thermal imaging camera, that a veterinarian have looked at the video you sent them, and prescribed medicines + told you to just let her take it easy for a few day (which sounds like the most likely type of advice they would've sent you home with even if they had seen her at their clinic), I mainly think it sounds sensible to not try to get her in a car at the moment.

There's a part of me that of course would have preferred if a veterinarian had seen her real life, but it's not as if you're ignoring the problem, you're doing what seems sensible to do here and now. If you notice that the medicines aren't helping/that it gets worse, you can always change the decision later, and decide that you will simply have to get her in a car/some other type of transport no matter what.

Would she obey if you told her to lie down on a small sturdy board or similar placed on the ground, which you + another person then would have to lift up, and carry to the car? Instead of having one person at the front, and one at the back, I think it would be more steady if the people is placed one on each side of the board. Besides, the closer to the car the board can be placed, the less carrying, and the more mainly lifting it up, it would involve.
That's my logic at the moment, if a vet saw her they would probably start with rest and meds so seems like a good plan to go with physio can check if anything needs realigning / manipulating. Sadly I don't think she would stretcher very well but could probably get her to walk up the mechanical ramp to nicks van on Monday or before if there's no improvement on the meds.

fankino04

Visit site
Found a mobile vet so she is coming to see her at tea time, I'm trying to brace myself for the worst and tell myself if that's the case at least it's been quick and o haven't been trying to judge good days v bad days ( until Sunday evening she had only had the odd bad 10 minutes), I think the level of muscle atrophy might just stop her from overcoming this.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Found a mobile vet so she is coming to see her at tea time, I'm trying to brace myself for the worst and tell myself if that's the case at least it's been quick and o haven't been trying to judge good days v bad days ( until Sunday evening she had only had the odd bad 10 minutes), I think the level of muscle atrophy might just stop her from overcoming this.

I'm glad you have found a vet who will visit. If you do have to make the decision at least you have the comfort of knowing she will be at home.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
And that was important to me so I was very worried when no one seemed to be doing home visits.

I had to have my old GSD pts last December after she started struggling with spondylosis suddenly. During initial diagnosis I asked if they were still doing home visits for euthanasia and they said yes, when I decided a week later that it was time to let her go , the vet I had spoken to wasn't working and no one else would come out. This was a dog who hated the car so I really didn't want to do that to her. Thankfully a vet friend of my daughters came out to her after work, adding an hour on to her journey home , and she was wonderful with her. I think it's so important, for them and us, that their passing is as peaceful as possible .

danda

Visit site
When my old big and heavy dog had a stroke and was incapable of standing let alone walking we managed to get him into his basket (rigid plastic type with rugs for comfort and with help from my son the whole thing was got into the back of the car, the vet’s people helped carry the basket out at the other end. This was the only solution to getting him seen by someone at that time and worked well

fankino04

Visit site
Well vet has been, she has graded her arthritis as grade 2 behind and grade 3 in front, she has some tendonitis on both front and hind on the right which is probably why she has declined so quick. We have agreed a " throw the kitchen sink at her" so she now has gaba and tramadol to add to metacam and pardale, she will have the injection on Thursday and we have said if now improvement or she gets worse in the next 2 weeks then we call it a day. She seems happier today than yesterday but still struggling with getting up and moving ( not surprising with tendon injury on both right side legs). There's some hope but I don't think it's much, but at least she's smiling.

Bellasophia

Visit site
Your vet sounds very thorough.
Noodle‘s had her cocktail,and I think you should have a human cocktail to reflect ,relax a bit and generally cuddle your dog.I think you’ve a good plan in place,she’s definitely on borrowed time,but must be feeling some relief with the meds she’s had.Hopefully the summer heat will also give her some relief too.I know my hip mostly flares in damp ,cold weather.
Good luck Noodle.

fankino04

Visit site
Your vet sounds very thorough.
Noodle‘s had her cocktail,and I think you should have a human cocktail to reflect ,relax a bit and generally cuddle your dog.I think you’ve a good plan in place,she’s definitely on borrowed time,but must be feeling some relief with the meds she’s had.Hopefully the summer heat will also give her some relief too.I know my hip mostly flares in damp ,cold weather.
Good luck Noodle.
I always feel better having a plan and knowing what I'm dealing with. I think the deadline helps me so I'm not worrying that I'm keeping her going "just in case" but this way I know if the worst happens at least I tried everything for her. Definitely need a drink!!

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Well vet has been...
We have agreed a " throw the kitchen sink at her" so she now has gaba and tramadol to add to metacam and pardale, she will have the injection on Thursday and we have said if now improvement or she gets worse in the next 2 weeks then we call it a day. She seems happier today than yesterday...
but at least she's smiling.

Just came home from my weekly food shopping, glad to hear the veterinarian thought it's still worth giving her a chance. And with that cocktail, you will certainly know that you've tried everything that you could.
Even though there might not be much hope, the medication you gave yesterday, have after only one day made her seem happier, so who knows.

{{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}

fankino04

Visit site
Just came home from my weekly food shopping, glad to hear the veterinarian thought it's still worth giving her a chance. And with that cocktail, you will certainly know that you've tried everything that you could.
Even though there might not be much hope, the medication you gave yesterday, have after only one day made her seem happier, so who knows.

{{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}
Yep and the tramadol has just sent her to sleep lol

SAujla

Visit site
Hopefully she's happier tomorrow then you have had two happy days in a row and can build from there. With that diagnosis it's good you didn't have to take her into the vets