Healing vibes needed

fankino04

Visit site
I think it is sometimes a relief when the decision is made and the deed done.
Take care
The overwhelming relief when Ashkii was PTS made me feel so guilty because that was my first emotion rather than sadness or anything, but his journey was much longer in that the vet said his recovery would be 12 weeks and in the main in that time he was improving just had some days that felt like a setback but vets were saying it was as expected, then when he went downhill again and I had to call it I felt so bad for not knowing sooner and was just so mentally exhausted from 3 months of worrying about him. I'm trying not to look back on noodles time and think I should have looked at other arthritis options for her sooner but I expected the decline to be slower and that we would be adding more meds later ?

fankino04

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. After we lost our old dog, I found looking at photos of him helped. Sending you hugs xx
I'm currently hunting for custom jewelers who could make a bespoke ring including the 3 dogs ashes somehow and that seems to be helping. Will probably spam HHO soon with pics of her lol.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
The overwhelming relief when Ashkii was PTS made me feel so guilty because that was my first emotion rather than sadness or anything, but his journey was much longer in that the vet said his recovery would be 12 weeks and in the main in that time he was improving just had some days that felt like a setback but vets were saying it was as expected, then when he went downhill again and I had to call it I felt so bad for not knowing sooner and was just so mentally exhausted from 3 months of worrying about him. I'm trying not to look back on noodles time and think I should have looked at other arthritis options for her sooner but I expected the decline to be slower and that we would be adding more meds later ?

If we only had magic crystal balls we could see the future in, we could of course make more optimal decisions, but as it is, we can only do what we thought was the best then and there.
Besides, if it was triggered by her accidentally injuring herself in an already vulnerable part of her body, then, perhaps/presumably your plan could've worked just fine, if she only hadn't had the accident.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I'm sorry I missedyour later posts. I am so sorry that you had to make the decision but do take comfort from the fact that it was the right decision at the right time for her.

meleeka

Visit site
just caught up with this. Well done you for knowing it was time. I think relief is ok, it means you cared more about the dog than yourself and the thought of watching them suffer is worse than putting them out of their misery.

She was very lucky to have you x