Hello, everybody

God

Visit site
Just wanted to make my Presence known.

Greetings, all!
cool.gif

I could take the trouble to introduce my clan, but I'd have to summon Noah....

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Couldn't agree more. A very offensive name, am shocked that Admin allowed it although as it is the weekend that might change soon. There will be many who will agree with us too. I'm not a religious fuddy duddy, far from it but I do find that name very offensive even if it was used in fun..

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I 'think' you'll have to PM Admin to do that; I'm sure the ones who have changed to Christmassy names would be able to help you there. It would be appreciated by many, I'm sure.

Other than that, welcome, hope you enjoy it here.

isabella

Visit site
hi and welcome please dont feel down heartened by everyone jumping on you and please continue to use the forum.

I personally didnt find it offensive i was thinking i wish i had thought of it but there is such a wide range of people on here.

look forward to your posts!!! x

God

Visit site
Ah...well then I might leave it, and see how things go....wouldn't want to cause religious uproar after all! But by what other name could I possibly go? The Lord moves in mysterious ways.....

I have to say it is rather amusing seeing 'Welcome, God' when I log in.....
cool.gif

alicedove

Visit site
I liked it and thats why I looked at the post. I am not religious and thought it was fun.

Don't be put off, its fun and helpful on here sometimes too!

I wonder if you'll be struck off or worshipped tomorrow?

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Hello.
I'd change the name if I were you...they're pretty welcoming on here...but some people do have strong religious beliefs and this would be offensive to them. I get away with being a Satanist, but aside from a lack of moral fibre...I don't tend to taunt others' God/s much....and you want to hedge your bets...in case He does exist (in which case you're going to look pretty stupid, and I'm screwed).
S
laugh.gif

BB2008

Visit site
Made me smile! Only point is if God has to change name does The Witch have to as well, and I'm sure I've seen the Devil on here as well!! - All have religious connatations!

TGM

Visit site
I suppose this illustrates what a wide range of backgrounds we all come from. I must say I thought it was amusing and it didn't occur to me that some people would find it offensive
blush.gif
. In fact, there is another forum I go on where people become a 'god' when they reach 1000 posts (rather like we have the Pooh-Bah, Carpal Tunnel labels on here). Just as well we don't have that system on here or there would be a lot of offended people
shocked.gif
!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I can change though, as Hallowe'en has been and gone, and I have no pretentions to being a universal and all powerful being......

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you. I'm sure I saw your grey knickers flying over me on a broomstick earlier....
S
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
QR

The thing that seems to have bypassed EVERYONE is that He is not called God!! The Christian and Jewish God has a name, we just don't use it often. There are lots of Gods from different religions! And if we're going to rattle on about the different conotations of names - who is it that has 'pagan' as part of their username - that could be offensive to some......

the watcher

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can change though, as Hallowe'en has been and gone, and I have no pretentions to being a universal and all powerful being......

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you. I'm sure I saw your grey knickers flying over me on a broomstick earlier....
S
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was moving far too fast for you to identify the colour of my long johns, I'll have you know -

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

S
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was moving far too fast for you to identify the colour of my long johns, I'll have you know -

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that was fast, you need your broomstick serviced, grandma. And you need to use a biological powder and a hot wash on them thar 'bloomers'. They're quite large, aren't they? At first I took you for a Zeppelin...
S
laugh.gif