Hey, just realised it's Thursday! Weekend Plans!!!

Snowfilly

Visit site
I had the big Fjord gelding for jumping today; ridden him a few times now and he's interesting - done lots of driving and much better in trot than canter.

It was freezing, freezing wind but no rain. We agreed to do the 80 and 90 again as I've not jumped him before, and went straight into the warm up.

80 was a disaster, we jumped super confidently and sails on for two; sailed past our turning, past the E marker and where we could have turned across. And on to the end of the school so we had a complete lap of bowling soon in a lovely canter which I'd have killed for in our flat lessons. Popped it really nicely but we'd crossed our tacks, then struggled to get back into a rythmn so it was a messy round and we had one down where we just couldn't get a stride.

In the 90, there was a related distance 4 strides upright of poles to a ladder fence. Years ago, I jumped a big dun mare who hated ladders. In fact, at this yard, we probably stopped at this wretched ladder filler 50 times. I walked the course : instructor said 'remember, you're not riding your old mare now.'

My Mum said 'kick before you get to that bloody ladder.'

We went round nicely until I looked up, saw the ladder and just froze. Needless to say, we stopped! I could hear various instructors and family members reneging that they'd ever seen me before and we turned back three strides and went over perfectly.

Even more frustratingly, we jumped everything else clearly and as there were only a couple of clears, would have had a rosette.

I fear the ladder will be making an appearance in my next lesson!

Fiona

Visit site
How frustrating snowfilly :( Hope you have some positives from your day too?

My dressage this afternoon was like a scene from The attack of the Pony Eating Flowerpots.... and needless to say we didn't make it into any of those corners, but we did get 64% with a 7.5 and a couple of 7s. Forgot how frustrating the wobbly baby pony stages are :(

My 6yo had a great jumping session on his pony afterwards though 😁

Fiona

SEL

Visit site
We did our 2nd trip out to a pole clinic. Braved the large outdoor arena with eyes on stalks but then settled well and worked nicely until the last 10 mins.

Not sure whether she'd got a bit cold (we'd had a walk break) or just tired but just on the last pole set up a toddler tantrum happened. Napping, running backwards and generally saying NO

Actually it was quite good to have someone on the ground talk me through how to manage her behaviour because it usually strikes when I'm on my own. I'm trying to work out whether I can manage a few more sessions with this instructor without upsetting the status quo at the yard - she's great at well timed sensitive advice without making me feel like my riding is cr*p!!

Bernster

Visit site
Some good outings, well done all. Onwards and upwards inc ladders. Never jumped on of those I don't think!

I'm having a quiet day after yesterday's hectic awesomeness at our first drag hunt. It was fairly full on and the bit before I got on was a tad painful as F was very lit up and would not stand still. But after the first line we both relaxed, I stopped trying to hold him and let him run, and we were both much happier with that! A long day, I'm shattered today, but great fun.

8AbRfMO_d.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
well my weekend extension was lots of fun - the weekend proper was taken up with YHL which is not really my cup of tea but the Carl Hester evening demo was fabulous, I loved watching the freestyle especially, as he did the london 2012 one which makes my eyes leak every time <3 Brings it all back, the excitement and amazing results...2012 was also a big turning point for me personally in a less grand way so it feels extra special.

Anyhoo, back to earth with a bump yesterday (not literally :D but work was dreadful) Salty still being a sweetie and then Kira being a monster in the dark after several days off... followed by a fab lesson today looking at some other advanced floorplans with a view to having a bash at 102 before too long.

Obligatory hot cob photo... don't look too close, I clipped her in the spare 20 mins I had before we set off :eek: so there might be some tufty bits

23517909_1751930924818410_879837175101930140_n.jpg

abbijay

Visit site
Well I went out and had a brilliant day. There were highs and lows and I will post a proper report with pictures and videos when work isn't so busy but I am pleased to say we achieved both our aims: to not come last and to score over 60% in the test!