HHO horsey weekend, a musing!

MasterBenedict

Visit site
Sounds great, count me in! Depends when it is if I want to bring the pony - he will be being baked late summer so probably won't be ready :( but if he is, happy to share costs with someone for travel from Essex! :)

cronkmooar

Visit site
but I make a mean omelette and cocktail :p obviously not at the same time.

Bloody lightweight ;)

I'm up for it so long as its not Dublin Show week. No ridden nag at present so would be without horse.

I would have to fly/boat to UK but not really that important where to.

So if there is anyone in the same position as Elvis that is up north I'm happy to hand hold.

Used to driving a 7.5 ton DAF up and down the motorway

_GG_

Visit site
I'm happy to come and teach, I'm fully qualified BHS senior Coach and ukcc level three coach. I am happy to teach flat or jumping... Can provide references. I would also like to bring three horses along.

Fabulous, look out for a PM from me in the week :) Thanks xx

Bloody lightweight ;)

I'm up for it so long as its not Dublin Show week. No ridden nag at present so would be without horse.

I would have to fly/boat to UK but not really that important where to.

So if there is anyone in the same position as Elvis that is up north I'm happy to hand hold.

Used to driving a 7.5 ton DAF up and down the motorway

Well, the link in my OP was for big annual rideout (motorbikes) and we had a forum member come over from the states :)

Granted he turned it into a 10 day holiday and stayed with me and Dan (loved it, he thought our house was haunted) but yeah...wherever it is and whatever form it takes, I will make it worth the trip...or at least do my very best to :)

TandD

Visit site
Not yet, but I will do on Tuesday or Wednesday...possibly even Monday the way this thread is going I might just crack on :)

I don't do expensive though. I do as cheap as possible. :)

Before I rule it out...... Are well looking at under £250 for horse expenses?
Obviously traveling costs aren't included......and I'm sure I can stay in my horsebox!

But just to have an idea! As I like the sound of it, but do need to consider the cost! I am not, unfortunately, married to a Russian oligarch or an Arab sheikh!

PolarSkye

Visit site
I would be soooo up for this. I'd really like the opportunity to have lessons daily in different disciplines.

Although I'm going to sound like a massive wimp for saying this, but I'd really appreciate an experienced HHO to take me under their wing. I will have only just started driving my 3.5tonne and it'll be the first time I've taken Elvis anywhere on my own. And I can just see myself getting really anxious about travelling him by myself and then about managing him myself. (I realise I sound so pathetic)

I'd still come without Elvis if no-one was available to help though.

So anyone in the SE (Winchester, basingstoke, Guildford area) willing to take a pathetic 22 year old under their wing? (I'd be willing to let you ride Elvis in the more advanced lessons, whilst I ride him in the novicey ones, he's fit enough for it!)

Depending on where you are, where the meet-up ends up and Z's permission, we might be able to pick you up. Let's talk closer to the time.

P

_GG_

Visit site
Before I rule it out...... Are well looking at under £250 for horse expenses?
Obviously traveling costs aren't included......and I'm sure I can stay in my horsebox!

But just to have an idea! As I like the sound of it, but do need to consider the cost! I am not, unfortunately, married to a Russian oligarch or an Arab sheikh!

Oh hell yeah. We'd be looking at under £100 for horse expense. Hopefully under £100 all in :)

TandD

Visit site
Oh hell yeah. We'd be looking at under £100 for horse expense. Hopefully under £100 all in :)

Ooh well then I am very interested! Although somewhere a little more centralised (oxford way?) or even hartpury would be good for more people?

I'd also like to qualify before anyone gets the wrong idea! I'm not married to anyone!

Meandtheboys

Visit site
count me in.............. and I could possibly take someone if they can get a double trailer ( I only have a single but a 4X4 for towing ) - How exciting!!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Chan, I'm not far from you. I dont have transport but I do have an OH who could drive a lorry if you wanted to hire one with me? When I've looked before its been less than £200 a weekend for lorry hire so not hideously expensive!

Shantara

Visit site
Chan, I'm not far from you. I dont have transport but I do have an OH who could drive a lorry if you wanted to hire one with me? When I've looked before its been less than £200 a weekend for lorry hire so not hideously expensive!

Oooh if I can get him travel safe - 100% yes! That would be great :)

Jayzee

Visit site
This sounds like a great oppurtunity and would be very interested based on travel as it may be a little far and if I were to come with horse or not. Certainly a fab idea

Elvis

Visit site
Depending on where you are, where the meet-up ends up and Z's permission, we might be able to pick you up. Let's talk closer to the time.

P

Thank you so much :) I'd be eternally grateful if it was possible, although completely understand if it wasn't possible. Thankfully Elvis loads and travels like a dream, and is best friends with every horse he's ever met if it did become a reality.

Lady La La

Visit site
I think this is a great idea, I'd love to be involved.

I'm in Essex though, with no transport of my own, so I could only manage it if there is someone to share transport hire with, or someone with room for a well behaved welsh cob. Fab idea though :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
Oooh if I can get him travel safe - 100% yes! That would be great :)

fab! Would be a good outing for my little fat cob! Frankie is uber chilled so would probably be a good influence. Hes slow to load, but once hes on WW£ could break out and so long as he had hay he couldnt care less :D

_GG_

Visit site
Ok, well in less than 24 hours this thread has shown enough interest to warrant me putting a proper proposal together, so I will begin that on Monday and have something ready by Wednesday :)