HHO's "Bear" project pony...

Michen

Visit site
Bummer. Bog is more lame after flexion than he ever was with original injury. He’s torn some of the connective tissue right next to injury. Vet suspects an adhesion that’s ripped. Back in box for two weeks with a bit of in hand walking then re assess. :( gutted

SEL

Visit site
Bummer. Bog is more lame after flexion than he ever was with original injury. He’s torn some of the connective tissue right next to injury. Vet suspects an adhesion that’s ripped. Back in box for two weeks with a bit of in hand walking then re assess. :( gutted

Gutted for you ?

Michen

Visit site
Thanks guys. I’m sat in my car just having got back from the yard just sobbing tbh!

Appreciate there are worst things that can happen but FFS. It was going so well. He had supervised turnout and was doped the entire time I don’t even understand how :(

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I'm so sorry. That's incredibly frustrating. I've seen this saying float around about how horse's won't break your heart (but men/boys will)... Oyyyy the person that came up with that clearly never owned a horse or owned an incredibly low maintenance one!

I hope some positive progress can be noted over the next weeks.

Michen

Visit site
Thanks guys. No idea what to think tbh, if he’s still as lame in two weeks vet thinks we are in trouble. If it settled quickly and he comes sound then vet thinks we can work back up to where we were before reasonably quickly (all things considered).

He did say that sometimes as a last resort they encourage adhesions to rip so that they can heal more correctly if they are still causing a niggle, but he was obviously a long way off this and you wouldn’t want/expect such a degree of lameness.

If we have to go back to square on I’m really not sure I can face putting Boggle back in a box for 3/4 months- But I suppose it’s the controlled structured walking that does the healing and turning away may not achieve that.

Trouper

Visit site
Keep the faith - it may well come good but, if the worst happens, you know you have done everything you possibly could to help him. I realise that this is no consolation now so just hang on in there for the time being.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Michen I'm so sorry to read your latest update :(

Thank heavens you bought Bear and he can be some sort of consolation, if only by keeping you busy.