HHO's "Bear" project pony...

TPO

Visit site
I added a hind gut supp from forage plus but he wouldn't eat it, so now Boggle has it. And I swapped the pro hoof for Equimins hoof mender (through gritted teeth as I really didn't like their handling of the whole Vit E debacle).

Thanks

I always thought that a lot of correcting a bull nose was diet related. Its amazing that such a relatively small change has made such a big difference. 2hat a good change in his hooves

Michen

Visit site
Thanks

I always thought that a lot of correcting a bull nose was diet related. Its amazing that such a relatively small change has made such a big difference. 2hat a good change in his hooves

I'm not convinced it's the change in diet, more the shoe removal and movement? As he was already growing in a straighter angle before I switched to the equimins.

I do think his feet starting to grow are because he's moving though!

Michen

Visit site
Thanks all. Any thoughts on the heels, they are pretty high but I don't really think I can do much about it at the moment? I don't want them to run forward anymore...

I sort of think he may do a Boggle (that's the technical phrase my vet used who was hoping he would do that :D ) and go quite upright for a bit and then hopefully relax again to where they should be (without being broken back like they were).

Interesting anyway. I'll get some x rays re done at some point and see.

TPO

Visit site
I'm not convinced it's the change in diet, more the shoe removal and movement? As he was already growing in a straighter angle before I switched to the equimins.

I do think his feet starting to grow are because he's moving though!

Ah sorry, brain fart. I thought he was barefoot, totally forgot he'd been in shoes sorry.

Michen

Visit site
Update on the Kray twins!

Both went to Wales for my 30th last week. A big group of girls and even more horses! The place was beautiful, the terrain challenging. Bear didn't do much as he's still rehabbing and we were mostly going for long hacks, plus he's in hoof boots which were so dangerously slippery on the short grass. So he mostly pootled around the lanes but did one or two proper hacks. The weeknd before both went to camp at Boomerang which was fun, although they screamed for eachother the entire time...

He has a vet visit tomorrow, last time the vet was out was 8 weeks ago where the scan showed a perfectly healed lesion but he was still a bit lame. Vet said to crack on and rehab, that it needed the movement and strengthening. We have just started trot work.

All being well he will then be signed over on full loan to my friend who absolutely adores him! I'm terrified though, if he's lame or lamer tomorrow I really don't know what I will do with him but I think it will inevitably be PTS :(

So please keep your fingers very crossed!

77A87BDD-D018-4150-BDDD-F50108BF388C.jpeg7547DD00-4FB5-45F9-BE3D-AB38DAD2C3E4.jpeg49A27869-428E-40B9-B650-CA4621D15491.jpeg24B39589-61B7-4A3F-8658-586498050EC5.jpeg1457947F-BE57-476F-9FED-983427A2A127.jpegA69A7204-3E4B-4694-A12A-B836FD093B75.jpegED555D95-B31C-4754-8635-90ECCBF27ED1.jpeg

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Absolutely wonderful pictures! And belated birthday wishes.

I'd love to jump a ditch out in the wild like that; for me, everything I do in the riding school is just preparation for hacking.

Michen

Visit site
Looks like it was fun, glad you enjoyed it. Everything crossed for Bear tomorrow, he has such a sweet face that he's one of those on the forum that is a fav. Good luck

He is honestly the sweetest little horse you could imagine. Bloody cheeky. But so loveable! Had him 18 months now and still never seen him put an ear back :D

Peglo

Visit site
I’m a bit late to the Bog and Bear party but caught up the other week. It’s been a rollercoaster with Injuries but the highs were great to read. Your boys are such beauties!

Your weekend away sounds like the best fun. What a lovely birthday trip! Rather envious ?

I was sad to hear about your first pony passing. I think I know who he was and think a friend had him on loan for a bit. I would pass him in the field on the way to work. He was certainly a character.

Michen

Visit site
I’m a bit late to the Bog and Bear party but caught up the other week. It’s been a rollercoaster with Injuries but the highs were great to read. Your boys are such beauties!

Your weekend away sounds like the best fun. What a lovely birthday trip! Rather envious ?

I was sad to hear about your first pony passing. I think I know who he was and think a friend had him on loan for a bit. I would pass him in the field on the way to work. He was certainly a character.

Michen? Ah you must have known him up in Orkney then! He was certainly a character… frankly he was a pain in the arse but everyone loved him anyway ?

Peglo

Visit site
Michen? Ah you must have known him up in Orkney then! He was certainly a character… frankly he was a pain in the arse but everyone loved him anyway ?

Yes knew him up here. They are the ones that teach you the most ?
Best of luck with the vet tomorrow. I will keep everything crossed!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
if he's lame or lamer tomorrow I really don't know what I will do with him but I think it will inevitably be PTS

I would take him and give him the winter off work on hill grazing and review in spring and then PTS at my expense if he still isn't right, Michen. I've always liked him as you know. Fingers crossed for you that this is not an offer you will need to take me up on.

palo1

Visit site
So glad you enjoyed Wild Wales! :) The terrain is fantastic training - when they can cross that confidently at speed, you know you can go anywhere :) !!

Michen

Visit site
I would take him and give him the winter off work on hill grazing and review in spring and then PTS at my expense if he still isn't right, Michen. I've always liked him as you know. Fingers crossed for you that this is not an offer you will need to take me up on.

Thanks, I will be guided by what my vet says re his likelihood for longevity etc.