HHO's "Bear" project pony...

Michen

Visit site
Just catching up, what a fab update (I'm one who hugged my vet, just the once lol).
So pleased for you x

I'm not sure what came over me, I'm the least huggy person ever! I literally just chucked my arms around him in the school. I didn't even do that when we had our "Bog" happy moments. But so much was riding on Bear being sound whereas with Bog his future was always with me whatever happened.

Poor chap :D

Michen

Visit site
I am sure your vet appreciated the gesture?. Is he single?

So pleased that Bear has come through sound for you. I hope his loaner takes as much care of him as you have done. Onwards and upwards for you all now.

Haha no very much married and twice my age but has been the biggest supporter of my horses over the last few years. Could never have got through it all without such a bloody good, sensible, solid vet sharing the highs and lows.

Bears loaner will take better care of him than me ;)

Michen

Visit site
I'm so happy and relieved to read this! I was half wondering if you'd want a companion home if it didn't go well and it sounds like you'd have had a queue. Loaning to his sharer is the perfect outcome

I just didn’t think there would be the market for one. But my vet rates him so clearly there is! Am trying to pacify Bog that he’s not thought of in the same way ;)

palo1

Visit site
Blooming well done you Michen and Bear!! :) Fabulous outcome and so, so lovely for Bear if bittersweet for you. Lucky horse to have you on side. A nice horse will always be desirable so he was so worth all the hard work.

Bradsmum

Visit site
Like, like, like, like, like!!!!!! Fantastic news and I'm so glad Bear came to you because who knows what might have become of him. Glad he & Boggle will still be on the same yard and that you'll all be able to hack out together.

Michen

Visit site
A little Bear update. 2.5 years later and he’s no longer mine! Feels weird to have finally sold him. A slightly longer turnaround than expected. What a bleak thread this was at times but he is sound, fit, happy. Has ok feet, no liver issues and in full work. Doing baby dressage tests and clear rounds. And has a home for life with my very good friend whose been loaning him and her family.

Bog and I are hopefully off on a VERY big adventure together all being well at the end of the summer… that’ll be a whole other thread if it happens. I don’t want to jinx it as it’s not a given yet.

So a little sad although for now the boys continue to live together for now so nothing really changes.

Thanks HHO for helping me pick a goodun. He’s not been the most simple but his happy disposition always made me a little fonder of him than I wanted to admit. He’s come a long way from the trembling wreck that I picked up from Chobham services at 2am and I’m so glad he’s found his “person” who feels about him how I feel about Bog. What every horse deserves eh :)

8BD6266A-C7B8-4B03-9D9D-DD8257021A0B.jpeg754B0B96-0F1C-4EE4-B53D-88816E118FC7.jpeg9F891C13-1AE5-405C-A7DD-3F5D39FC69EE.jpegD3661B28-C4F8-4631-9C06-FB79F190A7FC.jpegCF60B626-EB1E-4D96-9D01-0531CB2ED5A0.jpeg