High end saddle cloths?

Muddywellies

Visit site
I've just seen on FB some Animo saddle cloth and fly veil sets for £275. I had to look twice!! I like quality stuff but what on earth goes into these things to warrant that price? Makes me look a bit of a cheapskate in my Lemieux ;-)

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Jeez that is so much money!

I do have a Schoekhmole saddlepad which was 50 quid as I do like them as I have another I got fairly cheap at Hickstead and find they do last well, I also love their colour schemes. I did justify that one as I'd been given an amazon voucher for a leaving gift from my old work, I was originally practical and brought H a new synthetic bridle with it, however they only had the flash in stock, usually he wears a grackle as it doesn't catch in his beard (that he absolutely refuses to let me trim) Bridle arrived, H was duly petrified of it! I returned said bridle, the grackle came back in stock with another supplier so I used them. I now had cash refund so, having not bought a saddle pad for a while, gave in to my addiction and bought a grey Schoekhmole saddlepad pad with what was technically my leaving gift

PS of Sweden had a gorgeous pad appear on my Facebook timeline but their prices start at £70, I absolutely can't justify those prices.

It's also rare to find one nowadays that isn't covered with bling

Muddywellies

Visit site
Lol I bet loads of people will buy them just because they are expensive and think therefore better for some reason. I loved my nuumed ones. Last forever!
Yep I'm with you there. Nuumed are fantastic.
There's an Equiline one I'd love, but absolutely won't pay the £130 price tag. I'm 'confortable' at around the £50 mark for brand new though Ebay is my first port of call and I've found some right bargains on there. (goes off to look up Animo saddle cloths on ebay ?)

Spotherisk

Visit site
We have an amazing equine charity shop close by, and it has a tack room too, the bargains I’ve had! Most rugs are a tenner although I think I paid £20 for a reproofed Chaskit with spider and neck cover, and I definitely paid £20 for a nuumed full wool black brand new!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I just don't get it - My saddlecloths are all ancient. Old poly pads which are 20 years old, one of my saddle cloths was £2.99 and still going strong 15 years later. I do have to cough up for white ones every now and again but don't do that much now as was given a load of Ecogold ones and they are brilliant for washing, staying white and in great condition. Nobody ever says i would look tidier if my saddlecloth was a better colour or my horse would go better if the saddle cloth was silky.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the way i look at it is, some people buy themselves nice clothes (or trinkets for the house, or fancy cars, whatever) You could say they won't be any more successful or do their work any better, or do their hobbies any better or whatever else, but they like them and enjoy wearing them so... that's their thing.

I enjoy having pretty saddlepads for my horses :) i don't expect them to be any better for it, i just like it. but I wear the same dull drab old clothes week in week out cos that doesn't interest me.

Muddywellies

Visit site
the way i look at it is, some people buy themselves nice clothes (or trinkets for the house, or fancy cars, whatever) You could say they won't be any more successful or do their work any better, or do their hobbies any better or whatever else, but they like them and enjoy wearing them so... that's their thing.

I enjoy having pretty saddlepads for my horses :) i don't expect them to be any better for it, i just like it. but I wear the same dull drab old clothes week in week out cos that doesn't interest me.
Yep and me. For me, who's a scruffy oik normally, it's just a bit of fun trying to vaguely match my saddlecloth to what I'm wearing. Makes me feel a weeny bit smarter. Just not sure about the price tags of some of them tho.....

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
no, there's definitely some that are more about the label than anything else, animo doesn't do it for me at all but I guess it must for some people despite the ££££ or they'd have gone out of business!

Bernster

Visit site
That’s how I think about it MP. I‘m a fellow lover of nice pads, le Mieux particularly. Bought my ins ps of Sweden for Xmas and its a bit blingy, but lovely.

AUB

Visit site
I like to buy PS of Swedenand Equestrian Stockholm. They’re pretty and fit my mare well. And I usually buy them on sale.

But I only have stuff I actually use, so I sell them on if I dont use them. As of now I have 4 saddle cloths for everyday use and two for competetions. I read in the other thread about how many numnahs/saddle cloths people own that some have 30 or more. That will probably have cost more than my 6...

Lammy

Visit site
I buy the Husk saddle pads as I have a horse that runs very hot and honestly they make such a difference to him that I don’t think I’d ever put another type of pad on him again. They are more money than I’ve ever spent on a saddle pad in my life but well worth it for his comfort, they’ve been a life saver the past summer.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site

I completely get this, all I do is hack but like to do so in my Schoekhmole saddlepads! Plus they wear well too.

50 is the most ill pay, I couldn't justify the really expensive one, but I get far more excited about saddlepads than clothes, hate clothes shopping with a passion and also only wear the same drab clothes the whole time, I also won't buy horsey polo shirts as the prices are extortionate and id rather spend it on a nice saddlepad

Jericho

Visit site
The Equitex are absolutely lovely - I have one and find myself swapping it from saddle to saddle and horse to horse because they are so comfy and well made. The horses seem to love them too If I could afford them i would only use them and I do think it’s really important to have a good pad underneath the saddle.

Reacher

Visit site
I buy the Husk saddle pads as I have a horse that runs very hot and honestly they make such a difference to him that I don’t think I’d ever put another type of pad on him again. They are more money than I’ve ever spent on a saddle pad in my life but well worth it for his comfort, they’ve been a life saver the past summer.

Thanks very much for this - my Mr H is now telling me he can't live without a set of HUSK boots and a pad !
Seriously though I do rather fancy the boots - but are they really £90 per boot?!