Hmm....Rapping??!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they were wrong. never mind what the horse thinks, you seem to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh????
crazy.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Oh right. Still no idea what you're on about to be honest. But then that could just be the heat......

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
In MY opinion.which i am entitled to, the op mentioned holly wrapped around a pole.
I do not find this cruel nor using metal poles/heavy poles.
(would u be against jumping gorse bushes etc too? because they also tend to be spikey)
I would be against blistering cannons to make them more sensitive, this is a heineous(sp) practisealong with spikes inside boots.
BUT
The op did not mention any of this.
therefore i do not think it relevent that you nentioned it.
seeing as i have no 'forum clout' anyway im trying to be honest and expect a backlash of people hating me now.

* runs...fast*

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you feel the need to be so passive-aggressive in this thread?
confused.gif

I was posting in response to Masterbronze, trying to support her as we all were.
I have replied to your charming post about blistering, and why I mentioned it - and I have to admit I am not terribly concerned whether you think my posts relevant or not.
I pride myself on the fact that many of my posts are extremely irrelevant indeed.
grin.gif

In fact, if you knew me as well as many of the other HHOers do, you'd be painfully aware that I don't give a flying f*ck what anyone thinks of me much less some newbie who seems to have forum issues, and likes to prick his/her horses' legs with holly, gorse, or bash them with metal poles, etc.
Today's key word - 'abrasive'.
tongue.gif

S
grin.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they were wrong. never mind what the horse thinks, you seem to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was agreeing with Cattie, except I was too lazy to either type a description, or find articles and pictures.
tongue.gif

Welcome to the forum, walkingman.
S
grin.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
you were telling cattie that a vpole set up is an apex, so demonstrating that you care what its called.

thanks
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, who's 'he'?
grin.gif

Secondly, given the meaning of apex, any jump involving an apex could be called an 'apex jump', including 'corners' at XC if you so wished. Although I admit that from my benighted position, I'm struggling to see an apex in your lovely barrel jumps, and wouldn't recommend them to neaten a horse up in front.
tongue.gif

Thirdly, it is entirely possible that I have been misinformed by all my pesky teachers, and I lay the blame firmly at their doors (will supply names and addresses if you wish to send them further pictures).
grin.gif

Fourthly, are you related to sam_I_am?
grin.gif

S
grin.gif

sam1am

Visit site
I am entitled to have an opinion as anyone else is!!
i enjoy debating controversial subjects but DEBATE would be the key word.
you are not debating shils you are making statments and not willing to hear others opinions.
1. different people have different names for things.
2. i never said i do 'prick my horses legs' i think there is a time and place for exerienced people to use some methoods mentioned above.
3.i dont care if u give a flying fk or not y would i and what has that to do with anything>im not trying to get at u for any reason.
4.Walking man was trying to be helpfull untill a little bitchyness and one upmanship occured.as seems to happen alot on here.
5.Walking man, u single and male?!?!we seem to have similar views on things!!
tongue.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I can only apologise, sam_I_am, that you feel my debating skills haven't reached the pinnacle of eloquence embodied by:

'Whats blistering got to do with it!!! ' (sic)

I now appreciate that this was not only an exemplar of a well reasoned and well argued, if controversial contribution to the debate, but also by implication, an invitation to hear and respond to other's differing stances.
I promise to try harder to achieve your level of equanimity, your ability to embrace a diversity of opinions.
I am sure Walkingman was trying to be helpful, to go to the trouble of finding some pictures of old barrels with poles as wings, but would like to point out it is God who loves a trier, not my side .
wink.gif

S
grin.gif