Hoof balance assessment please

chaps89

Visit site
I am on the border of Sussex and Hampshire, not very far from Surrey, if you know anyone
I used Lucy Priory from Barefoot South, she was a bit to the point so I can see some people perhaps wouldn’t like her but she did do a good job of the horses feet, she has other trimmers who have trained with her and cover the south area so I’d try her

Mark Johnson is my Farrier and I am North Oxfordshire. He does a bit further south than me but probably not as far as you.
Unfortunately Mark wouldn’t come out to me on Bucks/Surrey border so would be surprised if he’d go to OP

Marigold4

Visit site
I think these photos maybe misleading. He doesnt camp under. I think the photos may also make it look worse than it is. Horse is only slightly positive on flexion and this is not noticeable after work. Vet said he would pass a 5 stage. I am super sensitive to anything even minor going on with him and determined not to let anything bigger develop. So vets called in a first sign of trouble. Let's not right him off yet!

I have persuaded Fiona Varian to come and see him and do a bosy treatment.

Marigold4

Visit site
UPDATE: Fiona Varian has been out to see the little horse. His feet aren't nearly as bad as they look in the lateral view photos I posted. When viewed from underneath the heels are much further back. Toes were long and have been trimmed back. Feet are looking much better though he does suffer from thin walls. I have been on a one day trimming course and will be lightly rasping toes twice a week until next visit to keep them back. Soreness over SI gone. He's had 4 weeks off and looks better for it. So onwards and upwards and thanks for support and advice everyone.