Horse ad

Wishfilly

Visit site
Whats worse, 1 million bad pictures or one where the horse looks like a goat?! ?

This one came up at the bottom
https://www.horsemart.co.uk/16hh-bay-gelding-/Horses/605657

https://www.horsemart.co.uk/5-home-required-for-15-3hh-grey-gelding/Horses/603722

This one came up at the bottom of that one- some of the photos are ok, but god knows why you'd open with a photo of the horse sitting down like that.

Even before you get into the issues around selling on a 23yo!

suebou

Visit site
Just to say, a friend bought a full ID mare, aged 14, with dire warnings never to go In a stubble field, never to feed her, she’s very strong etc etc. Properly fed, shod, with decent tack, ridden by someone well balanced and who understands mares, she’s a joy and a delight! Photos were awful, she was poor and definitely unloved, she’s still not for a novice but now hacks everywhere, preferably at high speed. There are very few perfect horses about!

Gingerwitch

Visit site
It's worth a visit if your local but I too am confused on the various gagetry it's been ridden in and the jump one shows she could be a genuine lass as it looks like she is getting a snack in the mouth from the looks of the riders arms.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
I do wish I was rich as Dan an the 23 year old grey, plus Prince from the other thread would be on their way to me tomorrow ! Dan and the 23 year old are not far from me.... Argh heart and head but I have 4 already so stop posting these before I do something stupid like get a grass livery field.

Goldenstar

Visit site

Mikas-mom

Visit site
I actually saw this mare advertised and rang the owner, no answer 3 times, no reply to my message. So sent an email, still got no reply so I gave up trying.
shes Been advertised for a while now, but if the owner isn’t going to respond to buyers well...

Goldenstar

Visit site
I actually saw this mare advertised and rang the owner, no answer 3 times, no reply to my message. So sent an email, still got no reply so I gave up trying.
shes Been advertised for a while now, but if the owner isn’t going to respond to buyers well...

I have been through this as well with other horses .
It’s baffling why advertise and then not answer your messages .
The best was a young horse eventually got through then met a list of reasons why she could show me the horse in numerous days .
I then ran out of energy and moved on two months the owner contacted me and said I can do Thursday or something to that effect .
My new purchase was already in its stable and getting on with life .

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
if she is local she is worth a look. in the video she didnt look forward going to me but if this was 7 years ago she may have changed. i would be slightly concerned about the many mentions of needing an experienced rider unless your friend is super confident and capable. i would think she is more happy hacker, low level comp type of horse and not suitable if friend wants to compete seriously....will be interesting to hear what she is like in the flesh

Cloball

Visit site
I think she looks pretty genuine if horribly fat... Who's to say she actually needed any of the gadgets it sounds like the owner has grown up with the horse maybe they went through a gadget heavy teenage phase? Screenshot_20200612-115001~2.pngI saw this one on FB so some do have confo shots... I think this one might have been better without though....?

be positive

Visit site
It depends what you are looking for, the main thing that strikes me is it sounds a bit nervy and jumps more like a green 5 year old than a 13 year old, I would also expect a pro yard to get some better photos. It says it hacks alone and in company but not whether it is good or what it is like in traffic which is a priority for most people.

ihatework

Visit site
Green over a fence and I don’t like the shape of it’s back behind the saddle. This looks like a very cheap import and quick turnover but a not very good dealer.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

J&S

Visit site
I prefer the cheaper (2,800) younger horse in one of the ads below. Looks more of a ladies horse.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think it looks like it got a lot of mileage on it .
Wary of strangers .....does not scream safe and sound all rounder and bad to shoe
Been in a home 18months and being passed on , no don’t go there .

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
He's got another one here which sounds potentially more promising? https://www.horsemart.co.uk/fun-all-rounder-/Horses/607515 I know nothing about the dealer though, as I'm way down south!

I think the "wary of the farrier" reads as "nightmare to shoe", and that combined with the "needs time to build trust" from a pro suggests the horse is pretty nervous and maybe a bit quirky/complicated.

this looks like the same dealer, i agree about the other one AE, wary of new people and dodgy to shoe sounds that he isnt a safe and sane horse.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
AE is your friend a good rider? i have been browsing on horsequest for horses in the north west which i assume is the area you are looking. they are more expensive than horsemart but i saw a couple who looked ok....228195, 232542, 231018....perhaps they are too much money

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
I would think that the owner has been finding herself short of time to do much with the horse which is why she has got fat and she has just posted the photos she had rather than taking some for the ad. Sounds like the horse can be strong but may be not in proper work at the moment due to time.