Horse economy shrinking?

windand rain

Visit site
It is one of the few sports where women compete on an equal footing with men so I would have thought it would have had all those in favour of womens equality would have pushed this more. Perhaps it simply is that young people are lost in a world of virtual reality and find it too hard work to go with the reality of animal care

Berpisc

Visit site
It is one of the few sports where women compete on an equal footing with men so I would have thought it would have had all those in favour of womens equality would have pushed this more. Perhaps it simply is that young people are lost in a world of virtual reality and find it too hard work to go with the reality of animal care
I suspect horse sport is still seen to be "elitist" and is possibly still prone to be regarded as posh. Which is a crying shame as, like you say, in terms of skill, very egalitarian.
As regards riding, I am 56 and will keep the ponies and cob I have but I am riding less and less now. I like to ride out with a friend of mine but her horse is showing signs of stiffness; the roads are just getting busier too so the fun is going out of it for me. I did think about re starting driving but I seem to be tied up with work more and again the more traffic there is the more drives out become a chore. I still love looking after my little crew.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Good point re virtual reality!!