Horse is fitting after head injury- what are my chances?

Po Knee

Visit site
Thank you so much for the update :)

It is so lovely to hear that she is doing well, and equally lovely that she will have all the time she needs. There is a lot of impatience in the modern world, but not in your case. Your Mum has it spot on and you should be very proud of yourself. x

View

Visit site
Thanks for the update; so pleased for you. I'm another one with a lump in my throat and something in my eye.

I so hope that Dr Green continues your good work with her.

Princess16

Visit site
I bet you look back to your first post and can't believe you would be posting this brilliant news! I'm so happy for you and lovely Rosa, may she go from strength to strength :)

Please update us in a couple of months.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
great news, I was hoping it was going to be good when I opened this thread...time out in the field will hopefully bring her on in leaps and bounds....

High Hope

Visit site
Thank you all, it really is wonderful to realise that so many people were rooting for my little girl :)

My phone is about to die, but when I get home I'll post some photos I've taken since I've started trying to turn her out again :)

Bradsmum

Visit site
I've just read this thread from the beginning and I am soooo pleased for you op. I can't begin to imagine how stressful and worrying it must have been but well done for sticking to your guns and not giving up. Truly lovely that Rosa has made such a remarkable recovery and I hope you both have many more years together.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm so pleased for you.

Did you get any clue why she was so badly affected by a knock on the head that didn't cause any obvious injury? Did the vets think it was brain swelling, or something else? Is she off all painkillers now, I think you said a month ago she would be on bute for a long time? Sorry for all the questions, I will store your experience away in case I ever come across anything similar. I've never heard of anything like it before.

Good luck with the turnout tomorrow.

alliwantforchristmas

Visit site
I'm so pleased for you ... I was only wondering the other day how you were getting on. Well done for sticking with her and seeing it through. Hope you have a wonderful summer together :)

High Hope

Visit site
I'm so pleased for you.

Did you get any clue why she was so badly affected by a knock on the head that didn't cause any obvious injury? Did the vets think it was brain swelling, or something else? Is she off all painkillers now, I think you said a month ago she would be on bute for a long time? Sorry for all the questions, I will store your experience away in case I ever come across anything similar. I've never heard of anything like it before.

Good luck with the turnout tomorrow.

Nope. We have only a rough idea where she hit her head (though we've narrowed it down quite a lot)

Tbf, the force with which she hit it (I didn't see but I did hear it) was immense, luckily all her problems seem to have been brought on by pure concussion, bless her
She is still on danilon 1 at each end of the day, I will reduce it at some point in the future but for now it's a comfortable dose for her whilst we're still improving

pansymouse

Visit site
Fantastic news that she is doing well and that you are giving all the time she needs to recover fully. I have to say I admire how you have handled her injury and recuperation; I think it's an outstanding example how to do things right.