Horses with "human" names

armchair_rider

Visit site
My Mum also believes that animals should have human names. She wanted to change the name of one of our rescue cats because she thought Simba was a stupid name - and it is in his case, he's a right wimp! She didn't like Sammy much either so he mostly gets called Sam.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Met the most gorgeous Colin a few weeks ago. He is an integral part of the team at Tom Dascombe's Manor House Stables. He's a strapping grey hunter, who hunts all season but once its finished helps out with the racehorses.

Here he is ponying a somewhat stroppy recruit as they all return from the gallops. He won't take any nonsense, apparently.

161_zps0humjvqh.jpg
(Colin is second from the right).

173_zpstgxqvbya.jpg

Prior to going out to Dubai to win the Gold Cup earlier this year, Brown Panther went to Wolverhampton Racecourse for a practice at being ponied to the start, with Colin doing the ponying. Smashing horse.

wes

Visit site
My ISH/TB is known as Syd.

He was Polo when we got him, and changed his name to Sydney because my wife was born there.

He is Sydney Smith in his passport

Visit site
In the racing yard we have a lot with human names - once you get through so many horses you start running out of names to give them!

Of my own I have a Jeff, Max, Lucy, Pippa, Gerry and Lance but Lance is short for Lancelot. Certainly not named after the drug addled cyclist like one of the yard horses was - before the deugs story came out I hasten to add!