Horses with "human" names

AMW

Visit site
I like human names as stable names, have a Harry, George, Sophie and maddie, the other 5 have names from their passports. Have had a Mike, Dave, Nick, Iona, Trudy etc. Passport names are always posher though and we like to link them into their parents

fiwen30

Visit site
I like human names for animals! I read through all the pages, but I didn't find a horse named like a youngster we had in the yard last year - his stable name was Lewis, and it made me laugh every time!

dibbin

Visit site
I've known of a fair few, including:

Ben
Simon
Penny
Ally
Sally
Maddie
Harry
Thomas
Millie
Kevin
Frank
Patrick
Mollie

My second horse was Dylan, and my sister's first one was Tom. There's an Agnes on our yard!

Handsome Jack

Visit site
I have a Robbie and Jack (full name Handsome Jack) - I love the idea of Elvis, obviously he has to look like one!

I know a couple of Eddie's, a Desmond a Dawnie. Micky, Pat, Andi and a William :)

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
i have known....

stan
kevin
kerwin
paddy
kenny
nick
simon
abbie
polly
holly
molly
kylie
tiffany
oscar
and i am sure there are more

My horses name was Mustang i bought him but it simply did not suit him. I changed it to Kasper which is perfect for him :)

zoelouisem

Visit site
The pony I just bought is called Eric!! I love it.
Her last 2 ponies have been called Star, I wanted to change the 2nd stars name but daughter wouldn't let me although was very handy with nameplates and embroidered rugs ect the lasted 2 ponies.
He loan pony is called Bella suits her so well. He bs name is miss Betty boo!!

spookypony

Visit site
All three resident in my paddock have "human" stable names. I've known loads of others, too!
For example:
Lola
Katie
Benson
Amber
Megan
Charlie
Jack
Sam and/or Sammy
Olivia
Oliver
Percy
Marco
Baxter (seriously?)
Rowan
Tina
Mary
Casper

Has anyone known a horse named "John"? Now, that would surprise me, although I don't know why.

Nessa4

Visit site
I have Eric, my previous horse was Jasper. Have also known - Ernie, Henry David, Josh ,Ben, Sam, Brenda, Paddy, Patrick, Bob, Jack, Zac, Annie, Polly, Nerys, Mary............The list is endless!!

Bobbly

Visit site
I have had in the past on the yard at the same time, Holly, Olly and Solly. More recently I've had three that I bought together, a big Charlie and William and Harry, a right royal bunch!

zackither

New User
Visit site
My horse didn't have a name on his passport and the dealer I bought him from had named him bournville. (Which my mother kept changing to bovril) but he certainly wasn't sweet as chocolate nor was he gravy! So I renamed him Bill ( butt head Bill when he is annoying) and he seems to have adapted quite well to it :)

catembi

Visit site
I have a Trevor & an Adrian, & did have Jenny too - PTS at the age of 40 a couple of years ago.

Adrian has a green passport & his full name is Corrigan II, but the dealer showed me a vid of him competing BS & the commentator clearly said 'Adrian', so then I felt obliged to call him it. Wasn't best pleased to start with, but it grew on me & it does suit him. Trev's racing name was Trans Siberian, & his stable name was Tiger, but that doesn't suit him at all as he's more of a lamb, so it kinda morphed into Trevor. Oddly, that suits him too.

My grandfather named Jen when he bought her as a 3yo from the farm next to his, & it did suit her.

T x

AmieeT

Visit site
We have a 6yo ISHxTB at our yard called Dave, it sums him up brilliantly somehow- even though there's not a Dave stereotype! (FWIW my dad is a Dave!)

We also have one nicknamed Grandad, he's 32 and as his owner says 'refuses to die' (we say that in jest, he's a lovely chap and we'd all be heartbroken if he did)

Ax

lazyfoxx

Visit site
thinking about it when i was young many moon ago the horses at the stables i went to more or less had non human names like sunny, star, pinky,skittles, andromeda , ladybird, tella, mulligan, elfin, shandy, moffat, i changed the names of 1 of mine from mary to tinka , holly is hazel on her passport leahs original name is fennel but leah lou suits her so much better ! i no several maggies , rosies , millies and maisies, our yard also has a horse called barry ! human names have defiantly become more popular !

_HP_

Visit site
I know of a cob named Sophie.
I have a Jack, Leo and a Toby and had a Benji
I've known a Sharon and a Tracy

Hilary'smum

Visit site
I know of a couple of Henry's a Digby knew a Sophie several Belles and at least one Dennis. Oh and neighbour has Clive and Eric

Auslander

Visit site
I have a field full of human names at the moment. From left to right, we have Beatrice, Petra, Jim, and Alf

11156163_10153360350395730_1269525564596456517_n.jpg

my bfg

Visit site
I do love it when animals have people names, horse wise I've know a Jessica, Jim, Kevin, Hilary and Sam plus many more.
I did change my girls name a little bit, her name is Emilie pronouced like a-meal and as I found out she was once sold for meat it was swiftly changed to Emily x

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
My horse is a Billy, which isn't really that unusual.

My unexpected BOGOF foal is named Graham. It started as a joke, now it's stuck and he answers to it! It's as good a name as any, and I think it kind of suits him.

IMG_0622_zpsjpgg3jbi.jpg