How do you refer to your horse?

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Just for fun! I dint want to clog up someone else's post about an advert looking for a 'fur baby'. so following on from that - I hate the expression and someone suggested it is possible that the pony/horse is seen as a replacement child. Seems a reasonable theory and I wonder what that says about how we all refer to our animals? This is some of mine please feel free to add your own ;)

17.2 great lump of a thing - my big handsome man...obviously I need a big handsome man in my life - Mr J does not live up to this description.
16.2 elderly mare - my lovely gentle old lady ....yes I still miss my late Mum and wish she were still in my life.
Grumpy elderly donkey with mobility and pain issues - my poor grumpy old thing....I know exactly how he feels so there are two of us in this family!
Little shy donkey - my sweet little chap - obviously still miss having a baby boy in the family!

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Varies depending on what they are behaving like, it ranges from from Princess to *£££%%!!!! and being threatened to be sold in ether Horse and Hound, through to Horse Quest,right down to the free ads ! lol they usually stop the behaviour when i get to threatening them with Pre loved or Dragon Driving though.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
His name is Henry, so that gets shortened to H. He's also known as Hoover, not only because his name is Henry, but also due to his incredible skill of inhaling and making carrots disappear very quickly. Hoover then gets shortened to Hoov. I only call him Henry when he needs reminding of his manners, and that's in a stern voice. Sometimes he is known as Fat-ass, Fattie or Fats, but I say in in an affectionate way so's not to injure his self esteem :D I expect that he calls me Fat-ass as well! 1-all.

scats

Visit site
Rog gets called Grotty quite alot, or Git!
Thena and Morgan are the hairies. And Morgan gets called Yob!

I call my friends Mum Grotty (after Grotbags, as when we were kids she had this green coat). She’s now 54 and I’m 35 and I’ve never called her anything other than Grotty!

Horses- Millie gets Millipede or Old Bag, depending on her mood! Polly is generally princess, Pol Pol, or occasionally Drama Queen, when she’s being hysterical.

meleeka

Visit site
I have many names for them depending on whether they’ve misbehaved ?

I often use Daddy Bear and Mummy bear for the head gelding and girlfriend. They are both in their 20’s. Then there’s the kids who are the little ones, even though one is probably 30! They do act like the kids though.

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
Varies depending on what they are behaving like, it ranges from from Princess to *£££%%!!!! and being threatened to be sold in ether Horse and Hound, through to Horse Quest,right down to the free ads ! lol they usually stop the behaviour when i get to threatening them with Pre loved or Dragon Driving though.
Aww nothing wrong with pre loved ? my horse of a lifetime came from there 8years ago x

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Collectively 'the donkeys', individually:

Diablo gets called Dabs, big man, Moose, big dick, idiot

Artemis is Arty, Arts, Art easel, Artisan, lady

Pebbles is pebblington, pebs, my little pony, hearth rug

tristar

Visit site
i normally say ``come on my love,``

when the stable is dirty its its `poopalot``

d calls j `` king`` mutual male admiration

``fatty`` who ain`t fat no more

Cornish

Visit site
My cob is called Mr P by lots of my friends, generally 'gorgeous boy' or 'handsome man' by me. ID is often 'stinky', 'Princess Pissy Knickers' or 'that bloody mare' - normally as she disappears through a hedge or over a gate at inconvenient moments....