How far do you travel to your yard?

Eira

Visit site
A minute
grin.gif

Gooby

Visit site
12 1/2 miles approx, can take anywhere between 15 mins to 45 depending on motorway traffic. I would like somewhere closer to home but I used to travel this route every day for 14yrs for school so Im used to it, the yard has excellent facilities (although winter turnout could be better), my instructor is on the same yard so dont have to pay travel costs for her and my close friend of 17yrs is on the same yard so we help each other out a lot and if I ever have problems like my recent confidence crisis she has been able to help me through.

DW Team

Visit site
About 2.5 miles but used to be 16 miles which took about 2 hours driving a day for my two vists a day. We moved because of the horses! Gained the 2 hours so more time to play.

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
Like Flo_Bell, about 5 metres to the actual stables. I just open my back door and I'm in the yard.

We don't really count though, do we?
laugh.gif

We are having to do a 40km round trip to see Jiro at the moment.

JoJo_

Visit site
10miles I think it is which takes 15-20mins depending on traffic and if I get caught by red lights.

3Beasties

Visit site
20 miles away during the summer which take about 30 minutes to drive, I work at the place they are kept so I have to go there everyday anyway, so it isn't a problem really. I wouldn't want to travel that far otherwise!

During winter they are outside my bedroom window!

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
Down the garden path!!

Before moving here I lived 12 miles away - which was a 30 minute drive through country lanes and then I moved to 5 miles away and that took 15 mins (both could take longer if we got stuck at the level crossing!!) - but was worth it as the yard is so good for the horses.

L

lilym

6 miles from home only 1 mile from work! journey takes between 10 - 25 mins