how much can he happily carry?

Tia

Visit site
What are you talking about? I did not rip the horse to pieces, I gave a reason for why I would not have a heavy person ride this horse at this moment in time.

[ QUOTE ]
no i dont just want the "your horse is lovely " posts

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry but it seems that you do. You asked a question, I answered, you asked me to clarify, I did.

You obviously want people to say the horse will be fine with someone who weighs 15 stone - I really don't know why you asked in the first place if you have already made up your mind.
crazy.gif

Tia

Visit site
So you are saying that faults, conformation and the fact that the horse has been out of work for a year has no bearing on how much weight said horse can carry at this moment in time?

Good luck - I hope your friend enjoys riding him whilst you are away.

fizz-tally

Visit site
no i am saying that having all those faults you think he has[not denying the fetlocks
wink.gif
] did not stop him hunting & x/c very well.
he has managed to carry me for the last 3 months with no problems at all & i am not light.

anyway,thank you for your input
grin.gif

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Sorry hoo_ya i think you're being a bit sensitive here - after all you did ask a question and tia gave her honest answer with reasons to back up her answer - therefore i dont see why shes at all in the wrong - you did ask her opinion
You say you only asked how much it could carry - well she said that AND she said why she thought that - i dont see the problem there?

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What are you talking about? I did not rip the horse to pieces, I gave a reason for why I would not have a heavy person ride this horse at this moment in time.

[ QUOTE ]
no i dont just want the "your horse is lovely " posts

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry but it seems that you do. You asked a question, I answered, you asked me to clarify, I did.

You obviously want people to say the horse will be fine with someone who weighs 15 stone - I really don't know why you asked in the first place if you have already made up your mind.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tia I have to call you out - you did rip the horse to shreads, and what is more I think you did a bad job at it. And now you have tried to loop all the peices together and come up with a false assumption. Out of all the people here you know that the horse is more than capable a significant weight - heck I know 15 hand dainty TB polo ponies who carried 17 stone after athroscopic procedures on her knees and she never took a lame step.

Stop being so silly and rude.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

teapot

Visit site
Think it's hard to judge when obviously horse is showing the signs of it being winter. And dont think you can truely compare a horse who's been off work to one who is looking pretty good at a competition - slight difference between the two.

Just see how it goes - I know a horse that used to be on the yard. Probably about 14hh, light to middleweight and he carried his owner of about 18 or 19stone without any problems. And he certainly didn't have the best conformation.

He still loosing weight?

fizz-tally

Visit site
thanks GT dont worry about it
grin.gif

tp, thanks,he seems to have steadied out at the moment but we are going to get the vet to give him a once over after the new year & get another worm count done
grin.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Agree with GT (oh doing lots of that today, must be the 15 stone penis
wink.gif
)

It's not necessarily what was said but the tone.

Hoo_ya I think he'll be fine
smile.gif
Looking forward to seeing pics of him next summer
smile.gif

fizz-tally

Visit site
look, you said what you wanted to say so how about we drop it now.

i & others dont agree with the weight you said,someone else did agree so its all good
grin.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thank you, i am looking forward to seeing him look better too,its worrying when they drop so much weight
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Finni did the same the first year I had him. Now I stuff him with hay, slice before going out, slice when he comes in at 3pm and 3 or 4 at night. Also given him soya oil this year which I think has helped.

smile.gif

fizz-tally

Visit site
i have known him a year but owned him 4 months.

he wasnt worked last year & held most of his weight well,hes a funny boy though as he hates to be stabled & only likes certain types of feed/hay
smirk.gif

he has adlib hay in the field & in his stable,he just doesnt eat it
smirk.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Sept06102.jpg

Pidge is 16.3hh IDxTB and carries me with no problem whatsoever, in fact sometimes he doesn't even seem to notice I'm there especially when jumping
grin.gif
I'm 5'6" and a size 16, don't know how heavy I am as I never get on the scales
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh *dribble dribble* what a gorgeous horse!

Blizzard

Visit site
It is worrying, the horse Im in the process of buying is in worse condition than your boy hoo_ya , yet 6 months ago he looked like a superstar!

A lot can be achieved and lost in 6 months, so dont worry too much, easier said than done I know!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
i asked a question on how much he could carry, i did not ask on his faults.
as you said to me....whatever!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, to be veeeery nitpicky, you said "How much can he carry?" which Tia took to mean now. Then you asked why and she explained. She also added that when he was fit and conditioned it would be another matter. I think you're taking things just a teeeeeeeeny bit too much to heart. I mean, none of us have perfect horses (well, actually, PF is!
grin.gif
) Antifaz is very oddly conformed and yet is very sound!

fizz-tally

Visit site
i know & maybe i am taking it to heart ,i freely admit that
grin.gif

anyway, i am fine with it, not going to post any of the comments i 1st though off,self restraint & all that lol
grin.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
Thats the hrd bit isnt it, finding what is right for them, especially when they are fussy!

Im hoping lots of walking, ad lib haylege, alfa a oil, oats, and blue chip will do the trick with mine!
Fingers crossed!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
LOL! Don't worry; I'd never, EVER ask for a confo critique of PF on the forum as I'd be gutted if everyone didn't tell me she was gorgeous!!!
grin.gif
I'm quite happy for people to slag the Ginger One off (a bit!)
Actually... on reflection, PF HAS got a wonky pelvis, so not entirely perfect!
smile.gif