how much can he happily carry?

Clodagh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
yes he has dropped fetlocks but there is nothing wrong with his back & weak neck is because hes been out of work for a year

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to stir this can of worms, but you did say that you were hacking him out 5 times a week or something, so surely he should be a bit more muscled up?

Hes a strong type, though.

Rockchick_uk

s11.invisionfree.com
Exactly my 17hh ex racer has spavin in both his hocks and yet can carry heavy weights quite happily.

At the end of the day any horse will show obvious signs of distress if the rider / weight is too much!

I think alot of people under estimate their horses personally!

fizz-tally

Visit site
yip he was hacking out 5 times a week but had the last 3 weeks off due to me having ankle joint problems & waiting on a saddle fitter.

he has been doing walk/trot for 1 hour per hack as we are taking him slowly due to his leg.
he has dropped lots of weight in the last 2 weeks & as i said that is not really the best pic of him
smile.gif

Pidge

Visit site
oh boy that's a lot of moves in a year. If he is a stressy horse could you perhaps contact H's mum as she does a product called Coligone that may be of help?

Pidge

Visit site
http://www.hbradshaws.co.uk/
It's a product she created especially for stressy horses, see her website for more details or send her a PM from here. I bought some from her at YHL and use it when Pidge gets a bit stressed and it does really work for him.

izzyxxx

Visit site
i think he could proberbly carry 15stone if they are doing what you say mine is bout 14hh-14.1hh and carries my mum not sure how heavy she is but she must be bout 11-12stone but mine is short and stock and she is only the same hight as me at 5ft4 she doesn't look out of place and my pony doen't struggle in fact ran off with her the other day!(for once in her life bless) but all we do is hack
mumonizzy-1.jpg
this is my mum on her i personally don't think she looks to big or heavy for her i understand its not a great pic!!!all i would say is don't push your horse!