How much did you pay for your horse?

showjump2003

Visit site
I got Bean 5 years ago. 15.3hh arab x welsh 10 year old mare. Had been jumping affiliated with past rider but I think she pushed her too far and my horse met her jumping limit (1m20). Got a real bargain! £1650. She's a safe hack, hunted, xc-ed. Is 100% pants at flatwork! lol But she was what I wanted at the time and I'm still very happy with her.

moodymare1987

Visit site
I paid 3500. Mine had been sj 1.30. Winning the derby days they hold at sj centres, Winning dressage only lower levels but stil. Had been on the sj teams for riding club In effect my horse is very talented but i just dont get on with him.
He also has been hunting.

But for coloured in my sig i paid 1500 and well when i got her i wasnt botherd about what she could do i just loved her, but we was doing brilliant with showing, jumping and our workers. worth her weight in gold, qualfied for many shows etc.

Wobniab

Visit site
I paid £1000 for a suposidly 19yr old (turned out he was 24ish!) 13.2hh welsh x gelding. He came with saddle, bridle, martingale, stirrup leathers, stirrups, girth, numnuh, lightweight turn out rug and fleece cooler rug, oh, and head collar and leap rope!
laugh.gif

He'd been pony clubbing for many moons, doing games and jumping.

And in my opinion he was worth every penny!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
my ex race horse was free (no one wanted him
frown.gif
) and the warmblood was 3500, which i thought was a bargin till i got to know her
shocked.gif
hopefully she is worth a bit more now though as was totally green when i got her,she is now hopefully ready to start intros, well we will see
grin.gif

Marbs

community.webshots.com
3500 with tack and a rug for my last horse! Exceptionally well bred little horse. Had bsja winnings and was apparently good hack, shoe, box etc etc. Massive jump, which was what I based the price on! Over priced really for what he was, but I fell in love with him and the money was there from the horse I had sold beforehand.

L

lilym

£250 for a "dangerous" ??? 14hh cob mare 6 years old and supposedly broken - we later found out they abandoned all hope at the backing stage after the mare trampled someone (if the bruising in her mouth was anything to go by , they deserved it!) she now hacks, jumps, dressage, and has been placed showing!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

buckybee

Visit site
My horse was just under 3k for 6 yo 16.2 well bred ISH.

He hadn't done much but i think he was a bargin, although he does crib which obviously brings down the price a lot, especially on a youngter that hasn't done anything.

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully he will be worth it when he's a stallion making lots of babies!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as he doesn't end up like that racehorse that they paid millions for and has refused to go near mares - apart from 2 and both of those weren't in foal.

I paid half as much as everyone thinks I paid for mine and a quarter of what he sold for a year before I bought him

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Oh i got all mine for bargins!

£800 for a younge mare because owner wouldn't have any other new owner...

139-3997_IMG-1.jpg

Then told by a breeder when i sold her she could fetch £4000
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
I did get the offer.. but hated the people
crazy.gif
smirk.gif

x1pquznw2udxscryy7szctjohopgxgju6hn.jpg

CIMG03864-1.jpg

And 'Athlone Maverick' Dermot or Mr D. for £2500 as a problem horse to break that i would take that day!! I guess he would go for £4500 now?
crazy.gif

CIMG3870.jpg

CIMG4015-1.jpg

Kate_13

Visit site
I paid £800 for my 5 yr old Arab x Connemara. Backed but green. And boy green he is! But has a super temperament, so is learning quickly.

He came with tack, rugs, buckets and other horsey paraphenalia!

Jemayni

Visit site
Well, I am not sure if you can really get them nowadays TBH! I think it shows how much prices have increased.

My little pony jumps 1.40, and has top bloodlines, I only paid 1500 - this was 7 years ago though....

I paid 3500 for my 15.2, who is the sort you would attatch - "1st to see will buy" to his advert. He is really worth every penny, but I brought him 3 years ago, and he was a bargain because I know the dealer!

moodymare1987

Visit site
Weezy have mine, hes not a loonatic as i made out him to be, i just dont get on with him lol. Seriously though im sure you will find one, thats very nice, i have seen a couple of nice ones on the net.

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
I paid £2500 for a 9 year old Welsh Section D mare with all tack and rugs.

175435448_c58d1f5d2b.jpg

Given that I am a total ignoramus I think we did ok. She has been great. She loads well and jumps well if she wants to. We show locally, and she's a right moody moo - if she wants to jump she always gets placed - if she doesn't she refuses!!

We paid £2200 for an ex racer - I think I probably paid too much as he crib bites terribly - but the children love him and he's coming along fine now. He's very affectionate and seems easy to train.

And he's a beautiful colour!

282749303_5597647316.jpg

What do you think - did I pay too much?

Ginn

Visit site
Put it this way - about £100 over half of what she was brought for direct from the breeder 6 months before I got her!
grin.gif
tongue.gif
And she was a 15 month old well bred filly ish at that time - Ive also been offered 4 1/2 times what I paid for her! But she aint going anywhere!!!!!

buckybee

Visit site
Possibly, there seem to be a few going round for the free-1k mark.

he looks a nice chap though so thats all that matters!

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
Yes - we have a really crappy arena (and stables - no facilities). But I work full time and the stables is round the corner so the children can go straight there after school - so it's this or nothing. And it's small and waterlogged.

Still they have horses - so they can't really complain - mind you they might when they have to look after me when I'm old and decrepit as I've spent all my money on their hobby!

ladylisa

Visit site
I paid 1250 for a 15.2 ID x TB 10 year old grey mare that was very well schooled, jumps well and hacks out great, as she had become nervous to mount at the equestrian centre she belonged to.
Bargain i say!!

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
I wish I had been able to find them. We looked for weeks and saw horses that I wouldn't even let the children have a go on.

I wouldn't buy him again lovely though he is. I just didn't realise how bad the crib biting would be - he hardly did it at all when we spent time with him - and the vet said he didn't see it at all - but he does it all the time - incessantly - even with the coligone.

But as I say the girls love him and I feel they are safe with him.