How NOT to ride a young horse forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerilli

Visit site
This charming video is doing the rounds on Facebook.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXdIicGvIEM&feature=youtu.be

The worst example of horsemanship that I've seen for years. And as for the videoer laughing, that just makes it even worse - she wasn't horrified, from which I infer that this sort of treatment is nothing new there. :( :( :(
You really should be ashamed of yourselves. That young horse had STOPPED bucking at least once when he hit it again and set it off again. Am I alone in REALLY not seeing what on earth he thought he was going to accomplish with that?!
Blood absolutely boiling here.

ihatework

Visit site
What *****.
Another company to log for future note not to purchase from!

I was just sad the jockey wasn't face first in the puddle

Tash88

Visit site
Awful, the 'rider' isn't using his legs at all and judging by the sound the whip was making he was hitting the poor horse very hard indeed. I suppose they were trying to beat the horse into submission but to most people that process is archaic and cruel, not to mention ineffective.

kirstykate

Visit site
I am NOT condoning this behavior at all, but we dont have the full facts, how do what not know that this is not the last stop saloon for a serial bucker? The horse may already be damaged goods and they are trying to fix the problem before it goes in a hole?

Alfami

Visit site
Another one here with boiling blood. How absolutely pointless - poor horse, looked a nice sort too.

You know, if someone posted a video of that being done to a dog or a cat they'd be in court pretty smartish. I'm far from a wimp and will reprimand a horse (& support others who do so) if strictly necessary, but that utterly disgusts me.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I am NOT condoning this behavior at all, but we dont have the full facts, how do what not know that this is not the last stop saloon for a serial bucker? The horse may already be damaged goods and they are trying to fix the problem before it goes in a hole?

And the way to do that is to smack it when it isn't doing anything at all, in fact when it has stopped, isn't it? Oh no, wait...... ;)

This was originally put on youtube with the title 'he don't want to be broke' (or words to that effect in similarly poor english! It was made private by the original posters on youtube, but someone saved it and reuploaded it.

Really, regardless of the situation, that's not a way to fix anything, last chance saloon or not.

Brimmers

Visit site
That is sickening.

"Ohhhh tick tocks got a little buck in him aint he?" Disgusting woman.

Lets put a saddle on these lowlives and beat them with a whip

Dizzco

Visit site
This is very sad.
Think its just a case of someone using a horses misfortune to get those all so important online 'hits' and 'laughs'. :mad::(

It's clearly being provoked, as OP says the horse is happy to stop bucking, it just keeps bucking because it keeps getting hit. Young horses are such a pleasure to work on the whole and it should be cherished, why oh why are people like this, it baffles me.

be positive

Visit site
I was hoping he would come off but then wondered what the poor horse would have to go through if he did, it does not really bear thinking about what happens next. At no time did he ask the horse to go forward or allow it to when it tried :confused: what were they trying to achieve, poor little horse a great way to start its ridden life.

ihatework

Visit site
God it would be kinder in some ways to give the horse a bullet than leave it with those eejit chavs if it were last chance saloon (which I strongly suspect it's not)

kerilli

Visit site

Are you serious? Watch the horse. I counted, and I think that AT LEAST 6 times (more, at my count) he stopped bucking, but the rider hit him hard again and set him off again. And those aren't the bucks of a serious bronc'er, he's not leaping and twisting. I'd lay a LOT of money that a decent sympathetic rider using their LEGS not a whip could have had him going forward nicely in 2 minutes.
Poor horse. Fix the problem? You must be joking. :( :( I am not against punishing a flipping naughty horse if it's being downright evil for no reason (after all the usual checks etc) but this one... no way did it deserve being hit that hard, that frequently. Disgusting.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
If that is a serial bucker then I'll eat my hat! I thought its reaction looked fairly tame given what he's doing to it, I've had to ride worse buckers than that and I certainly didn't beat them around the school! Poor pony. In fact having watched it again, the only real buck it does is when he comes off.
Another that was disappointed he didn't face plant in the puddle.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I think their attempt at English in the title sums up the level of their horsemanship. I think you are being kind Kerilli saying that the horse had stopped bucking at least once - it was certainly more than once but didn't want to watch it again to count. Disgusting and I hope the rider hurt her face.

noodle_

Visit site
sad video.....but brilliant to the power of HHO and youtube....and facebook for that matter!!

sometimes a bad thing but internet in this case has done it good....keep it bumped and stop their trade... well done guys.

BBH

Visit site
And the message is don't buy at ...

Never ceases to amaze me how some people still know nothing about animal training.

angrovestud

Visit site
That video is a tragic lack of respect for the horse and it is horse abuse if it wasant that woman would not think its funny!:mad:

j1ffy

Visit site
The scary thing is (if I'm looking at the right website), they seem to have sold a lot of 3 and 4yos including some nicely bred horses!!

BBH

Visit site
The scary thing is (if I'm looking at the right website), they seem to have sold a lot of 3 and 4yos including some nicely bred horses!!

Yes from the billy stud.

Wouldn't want my name or horses associated with them tbh.

That clip obs wasn't for public viewing was it.

kirstykate

Visit site
And the way to do that is to smack it when it isn't doing anything at all, in fact when it has stopped, isn't it? Oh no, wait...... ;)

This was originally put on youtube with the title 'he don't want to be broke' (or words to that effect in similarly poor english! It was made private by the original posters on youtube, but someone saved it and reuploaded it.

Really, regardless of the situation, that's not a way to fix anything, last chance saloon or not.

I said I am NOT condoning this behavior these boys are a disgrace knocking a horse about for entertainment, that’s not a bucker nor a difficult one just giving it slaps to make it buck and show off I would say there just cowboys poor poor horsemanship that should be ashamed of themselves at least the horse had the last laugh and put him in the dirt. But equally we shouldnt pass judgment too quickly as we do not have the full facts.

j1ffy

Visit site
Yes from the billy stud.

Wouldn't want my name or horses associated with them tbh.

That clip obs wasn't for public viewing was it.

On facebook it says

I was wondering about that, which made me wonder if I was looking at the right site. I don't blame the Billy stud for distancing themselves - presumably the dealers buy youngsters there and ride (if you'll pardon the pun!) on their good name. Who knows, perhaps the video was a one-off, though I doubt it based on the attitude...

Status
Not open for further replies.