How tall are you and your horse?

rubyrumba

Visit site
Just having a debate with someone really as I think I'm going to be too tall for my horse who hasn't grown as much as I'd hoped! Just wondering about everyone else :)

Syrah

Visit site
5'7" (me), horse is 15.2.

Although I have ridden a 14.2 and looked fine. It depends on the build, whether they can take your leg.

LouS

Visit site
I'm 5ft 6", 7 stone and I have a 15.2 Welshie and a 15hh Connie X.

Wouldn't want anything smaller for myself but will happily ride any sized horse or pony to be honest, I don't think its a problem as long as you aren't too heavy and you can stay in balance.

muddygreymare

Visit site
Depends on your weight as well I think and also the build/breed of the horse, ie is it a chunky or finer type?

I'm 5ft 7, weigh 7st and have a 15.2hh IDxCob mare, and I don't look tall on her at all :)

becca1305

Visit site
Im a good 5ft 11 and just fit okay on my 16hh 1/2 an inch solid type ISH mare without looking ridiculous :p I prefer similar type 16.2hh+ though or fine type 17hh+ :).

Eta. Im really leggy, if more of my height was in my body I'd probably be okay on horses a little smaller as I'm relatively light for my height so weight isn't too much of a controlling factor :)

Last edited:

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I am 5'6, Seren was a big 14.2hh, really took up my leg, Nell should make around 14.3hh and most definitely take up my leg, she is very deep girthed and has a good deal of growing to do yet i think

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm 5'8. J's 15hh, Fergs is 14,2, D will be similar to F.

I would need swan necks to use spurs on F at dressage length though :eek:

ghostie

Visit site
I am 5"6 and my boy is 16.2hh, but he is a fine tb so i look bigger on him than I do on a 15hh cob. As others have said it is a lot to do with horse's build

GinaGeo

Visit site
I'm 5ft6 and am 8 stone. My horse is 15.1hh Connie. Very deep through the girth though. My youngster, is going to make about 16hh when fully matured but is a finer sort and I looked bigger on him when we backed him last year. He has done some growing since then though.

Lintel

Visit site
I am lighterweight rider who stands UBER TALL at 5,1 - and a 1/2 !!
The pudding is around 14.1 (teeny bit bum high still) ;) And he is a Chunky Monkey :p

We don't really *suit* each other :p
I suit 14.2 Arab types. He suits chunky 5,4 riders. :p

He has had a 5,11ft lightweight rider on him, and he looked fab- just depends on your little un's barrel :p