How to dispose of the body...

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
You really don't want any identifiable dna left.
Flesh is relatively easy to get rid of.. Either biomass boiler or acid.
After acid burn the bones to make them brittle, crush along with teeth and feed to chickens instead of oyster shell.

Sleipnir

Visit site
I think you need to be...immersed...in Scottish culture.
Gladly! Before that damned virus, I had booked a trip to Scotland....sadly, now postponed to whoever knows how long. :( It has always been a land of dreams for me to visit, along with Wales and Ireland.

Forced to hide bodies on my own land for a while, regrettably. :( :D

dorsetladette

Visit site
Just checked in on this thread thinking it would of changed direction to some other obscure but humourous topic, but no still hiding bodies... In detail.

Our OH should be concerned for their own welfare (or behave). Just think of all the yard bullies/trolls/know it alls/neglectors/abusers (delete as appropriate) we could get rid of.

Those biomass thingys are going to be well fuelled for some time.

Green Bean

Visit site
So many suggestions on dealing with unfortunate 'accidents' - I am beginning to worry about my fellow horsey people. You all know too much about the topic. That being said, an unmaintained bit of woodland would do, although presume OH is not that light so you may need an accomplice - all a bit like season 2 of the Good Girls on Netflix :)

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
So many suggestions on dealing with unfortunate 'accidents' - I am beginning to worry about my fellow horsey people. You all know too much about the topic. That being said, an unmaintained bit of woodland would do, although presume OH is not that light so you may need an accomplice - all a bit like season 2 of the Good Girls on Netflix :)

I've read that a Highland pony can carry stags home after a hunt. According to google, the average weight of a Scottish stag is between 90 to 190 kg, so if you have a Highland pony + a not too heavy OH, it would just be a matter of instead of carrying the kill home from the woodland, the pony carries it in the other direction...

pony03_fs.jpg

There is even guides for how to load your Highland pony online:

Walk pony around the body so that the saddle is level with rear end of the carcass on the pony's near (left) side.

Lie body on its right side, preferably onto a bank, and pull head onto chest so that horns rest on the ribcage (you could presumably skip the last part).

For young or nervous ponies it may be advisable to tie the legs of the carcass together before loading, to avoid them potentially slapping, and thereby frightening the pony.

Lift the rear end, place it onto the saddle, and slide the rest of the body over the saddle until the weight lies balanced on top of the pony.

Secure the carcass with ropes.

Stand behind the pony, and look to check so that the weight looks correctly balanced. If any slipping occurs, its likely to happen in the first 200-300 yards.

Whilst leading the pony, continually check so that the load is positioned properly on saddle.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
I haven't read ALL of the comments, so not sure if anyone has mentioned the hidden value of a badger sett! I keep putting a tractor wheel down them - and the evidence is 'gone' after just a day or two. And I never find odd bodies in my woodland (or ragwort - that stays on the better land until I pull it up.)

Sleipnir

Visit site
I've read that a Highland pony can carry stags home after a hunt. According to google, the average weight of a Scottish stag is between 90 to 190 kg, so if you have a Highland pony + a not too heavy OH, it would just be a matter of instead of carrying the kill home from the woodland, the pony carries it in the other direction...

pony03_fs.jpg

There is even guides for how to load your Highland pony online:

Walk pony around the body so that the saddle is level with rear end of the carcass on the pony's near (left) side.

Lie body on its right side, preferably onto a bank, and pull head onto chest so that horns rest on the ribcage (you could presumably skip the last part).

For young or nervous ponies it may be advisable to tie the legs of the carcass together before loading, to avoid them potentially slapping, and thereby frightening the pony.

Lift the rear end, place it onto the saddle, and slide the rest of the body over the saddle until the weight lies balanced on top of the pony.

Secure the carcass with ropes.

Stand behind the pony, and look to check so that the weight looks correctly balanced. If any slipping occurs, its likely to happen in the first 200-300 yards.

Whilst leading the pony, continually check so that the load is positioned properly on saddle.

This is very useful, thank you! Must remember this - and my big guy even lies down on command, so I could easily haul the body onto his saddle directly from the ground. You know, so that I don't have to lift up the...stag, yes...the stag...onto his glorious 16.3hh.

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
I haven't read ALL of the comments, so not sure if anyone has mentioned the hidden value of a badger sett! I keep putting a tractor wheel down them - and the evidence is 'gone' after just a day or two. And I never find odd bodies in my woodland (or ragwort - that stays on the better land until I pull it up.)
I knew badgers had to be useful for something.