hunt sabs, animal lovers?????????

Bobcats_Livid_Issue

Visit site
I am sure that 'hunters' think all sorts of different things tegoz. People that lump a group of people together and make assumptions about what they collectively think etc are generally referred to as prejudiced.

I think also some people don't like discrimination based on class.

Reginald

Visit site
Nonsense. If I was motivated by antipathy towards toffs this would make me less likely to dislike hunting because the great majority of hunters aren't toffs - although they'd like to be.

Reginald

Visit site
No, "toff" isn't a term of abuse. There aren't many toffs in hunts, just lots and lots of people who'd like to think they are. SO lower middle.

Bobcats_Livid_Issue

Visit site
lol Reginald. When I go out and chase deer with dogs there's just me!

So I am not sure that class comes into it.

I do hope it is still legal to chase deer with dogs as you seem to think it is.

Something tells me though that you are full of bull's shite!!!!!

:D

JessDoesItBetter

Visit site
Yes because everyone who dares to disagree with you is of course, without a doubt, talking bullshit.
Moving away from the class issue... You are all talking about how you heroicly intervine with the suffering wild animals in the countryside, and put them out of their misery. If this was the case i'd be more than up for it, however im sorry but chasing a wild animal across the countryside untill it's either malled to death by a pack of hounds, or escapes and dies a slow death via exaustion/hypothermia is not what i call humain. I don't think your really botherd whether your putting something out of it's misery at all, you enjoy hunting. end of.

JessDoesItBetter

Visit site
yes but you do hunt for enjoyment.

a study i found:

Now, a study by a longtime fox researcher and colleagues suggests that it is not. The researcher, Dr. Stephen Harris of the University of Bristol, found that a ban on hunting, instituted for 10 months during the foot-and-mouth epidemic in 2001, had no effect on the fox population.

''Statistically there was no difference from previous years,'' Dr. Harris said. ''If anything, the trend was slightly downward.''

Dr. Harris said his survey plots, which were randomly selected, included both well-hunted and hunt-free areas. ''And that's important for the results,'' he said. ''There was no difference between the two.''

Dr. Lindley said he was not surprised at the study's results, given that there are an estimated 400,000 to 700,000 foxes in Britain, and, even by generous estimates, hunting kills only 15,000 of them a year. ''Fifteen-thousand animals in the scale of things wouldn't make much of a difference,'' he said.

Dr. Harris said that over the years he had observed that foxes appeared to do a good job of regulating their numbers on their own -- for example, by producing smaller litters in overpopulated areas. ''Our data suggest that the way foxes regulate their own numbers is as important as any culling that is done,'' he said.

Bobcats_Livid_Issue

Visit site
''If anything, the trend was slightly downward.'' Was he talking about numbers or the health of the population?

Where is the data that suggests foxes have smaller litters when overcrowded? Are there any studies that actually show this?

Bobcats_Livid_Issue

Visit site
Oh no! I thought they insisted that flushing WAS hunting. LOL. What i can't understand is why they seem so against something when they don't even know what it is.

The I have FB on here telling me it's fine to chase deer with dpgs as long as it's not too far.

Tis all So confusing I think I will just ignore the numpties and carry on!!!

Nickijem

Visit site
Sorry to go back to the class issue (I've only just read this thread) BUT I honestly believe it is BECAUSE hunting is thought of as an upper class pursuit that it has been banned. It is a known fact in Britain that we can't be pleased for anyone who has done well for themselves - we always support the underdog and 'toffs' have been hated for generations.
I believe the ban has very little to do with the fox - if all the antis were worried about an animal suffering, there are far more needy cases than a fox that they could put their energies into. I'm not going to list all the suffering in the world here but very few cases have had the 900 parliamentary hours that fox-hunting seemed to warrant.
BTW - I come from a working class background and have never hunted. I have worked hard and now have a good job and consider myself middle class.

JessDoesItBetter

Visit site
Honey it really isn't a dig at "toffs", as i've said i'm middle class myself. The reason hunting has been allowed to continue for so long is because it's associated with the ritch. Many people simply believe that your practices are simply barbarric. Simple as. By saying that the ban is a dig at upper/middle class is in some way suggesting that all anti hunts are working class, another untrue steriotype based on fiction.

Nickijem

Visit site
But what I can't understand is why pick on fox-hunting?
There is so much suffering in the world caused by the barbaric actions of humans why isn't there more parliamentary time given to those. As I said - I'm not a hunter and I have never been hunting and if there were not children starving, old ladies being mugged, animals being transported live for slaughter, pet birds being kept in cages etc etc then I might give a F**k about a fox who has had a charmed life until it meets a quick death by hounds.
That's why I think that it is another dig at the wealthy - same as 4 x 4 drivers! The upper classes are despised for doing well for themselves. Or at least that's the impression this government gives!

countess

Visit site
Barbaric does not describe foxhunting pre ban, they lived or they died. Now suffering foxes are being found in this part of the countryside. This worrys me as this has never happened before where i live.

Reginald

Visit site
A tiny proportion of people who hunt are toffs, and the ones who do must be appalled at the chavs and wannabes who know nothing about the countryside and go hunting in the desperate hope that people will think they're "posh". Ghastly!

CARREG

Visit site
Your ignorance on the subject of hunting is amazing, you have to be jesting, you couldnt be as ignorant as you seem about a subject and expect people to hold your opinion in any seriousness.............Carreg

soggy

Visit site
"Hunting most definitely is not seen as middle class. Upper class maybe but not middle class."

Hunting is hopelessly middle class, with a majority desperately hoping to be viewed as toffs by their participation.

LMAO

Where did you come up with that BS from?

soggy

Visit site
LOL you guys must think I'm mental but when I clicked refresh on the PC at work half of this discussion had disappeared! I thought the moderators had deleted most of todays comments or something.

No fear, its all back now.

I am actually losing it, I tell you...

its that veggie only diet luv!

You realy do need to start eating meat again.

soggy

Visit site
There are exceptions to every rule.

I am full aware of your wonderfull dietary selection, my little haggis cruncher you. ;)

Reginald

Visit site
Have you plucked up enough courage yet Carreg to corroborate the authenticity of the description of animal abuse posted on the forum you moderated? Go on, you're a big brave man who boasts about the number of foxes you kill - pushing a few buttons on a pc isn't really that frightening.

soggy

Visit site
I guess that proves your claim to be a work of fiction. Strange that! Its not as if everything you post isn't a work of fiction now is it.?:))))

antiantianti

Visit site
But as Bob pointed out the other day hunts artificially boost fox numbers then kill them in the name of pest control.

This is quite true. If hunts really wanted to reduce the number of foxes they would be better spending there time removing woodland and hedgerows that give shelter to these animals.

In actual fact they spend time doing the opposite. How can they claim to be anti wildlife when they plant trees and hedges?

Also if as the hunters claim their activities tend to target weak animals then this also discredits their claim to control the population. Efficient modern population control would target the strong animals as the weak ones will die anyway.

soggy

Visit site
> How can they claim to be anti wildlife when they plant trees and hedges?<

You words not mine. Do you need to be anti wildlife to manage it?