I find this advert pretty sad.. Only a year old and already a 'project'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Unfortunately a lot of people who are newbies buy a very young horse because they are cheaper than a older horses . The sad reality is that the expected the horse to act like a experienced older horse.
Depends what you buy IME.

Esmae

Visit site
The whole ad is a series of excuses, they were 'sold' an unhandled colt, not we bought it 'because it was cheap and all we could afford' we have failed to teach him the basics because we are inexperienced and probably told the breeder a few porkies about what we would do, having created impatience by not being able to keep him turned out 24/7 with a herd he now rears when we take him out after being shut in all night, he has become more confused due to me not being sure what to do so he is becoming frustrated by the lack of clear boundaries, me faffing about trying to do too much to 'show him who is boss', having done all this I want my money back so I can put all I have learned by making so many mistakes with him into my next project.
I just hope the poor chap finds a home where he can be given a chance to have it all undone, and that anyone selling a nice youngster makes a few checks before selling to this person, otherwise I suspect a similar ad in a few months time when the next one has become a bit tricky.

He is rather nice and if nearer I could be tempted.

If I were younger I would have him but just too old now for babies.

Visit site
Yes that bugged me too. Why does he have rugs??

One theory - they planned on taking him to some shows so wanted a sheet to dry him in and one to keep him clean overnight in!?! Probably not but it is a possibility!

My welsh cob wont wear rugs. His personal records are detroyed in 5 mins and longest lasting is 36 hours. He walks them into walls/fences and rips them off.

Visit site
Haven't read whole thread but the FB post says he reared at elderly landowner who is now forcing owner to either sell him or relocate her horses. You'd think they'd have asked the landowner before buying him though.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Haven't read whole thread but the FB post says he reared at elderly landowner who is now forcing owner to either sell him or relocate her horses. You'd think they'd have asked the landowner before buying him though. (Not sure about others but it's in our rental contract that we do this).
Ooh, you stalker! ??

Visit site
Although maybe I am being a bit stalkerish. His stable name appears to be Sirius.

Edited to add - nope okay I got that wrong.

Eta2 - more stalking suggests it might actually be genuinely why they are selling, apparently they used to work in yearling prep for a stud and already own another welsh d who they broke in themselves. (That is the one called Sirius, colt's stable name is Aramis.)

Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
Although maybe I am being a bit stalkerish. His stable name appears to be Sirius.

Edited to add - nope okay I got that wrong.

Eta2 - more stalking suggests it might actually be genuinely why they are selling, apparently they used to work in yearling prep for a stud and already own another welsh d who they broke in themselves. (That is the one called Sirius, colt's stable name is Aramis.)
On reading the profile, 3 months at yearling prep in late Aug onwards in 16, the other D has taken a year before she got started in canter.
Elf, not heard of nywhere near that much from any local vets, unless huge complications and went to orsepital for it?

cauda equina

Visit site
She seems to have changed her story somewhat between the PL ad (not suitable for her) and the FB one (landowner wants him gone)
If it truly is because of the landowner you'd think she'd find youngstock livery somewhere

PSD

Visit site
She seems to have changed her story somewhat between the PL ad (not suitable for her) and the FB one (landowner wants him gone)
If it truly is because of the landowner you'd think she'd find youngstock livery somewhere

if the landowner wants him gone someone may just get a bargain...

Leo Walker

Visit site
Shes talking about bonds. That tells me all I need to know about the handling this pony has had. She needs rid. I'd send FF with a pocket full of cash and see what happens. She is being ridiculous expecting £1250 back, and if it costs her £550 to have him gelded she was done over. So either shes stupid or not being honest.

indie1282

Visit site
He is very cute, and his family looks lovely also.

The reason for sale on the FB page says that the elderly yard owner walks through the field and he reared up at her and she fell over. So now she has said he needs to go or they will have to leave the yard ( which they rent as a whole )

I think he could be bought for under a grand easily if someone had the cash and could collect on the day.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I'll have him.
I'll love him and bond with him, and never ever tell him off.

You can all come visit me when I'm in A & E.

Actually I know nothing about Welsh breeding but he's got nice conformation, and looks a useful sort. I do wonder why he wasn't gelded before the yearling point, as he's not THAT nice though...

be positive

Visit site
The ad has gone, I was going to call this evening although the place that may have fitted well is not available but he has either been sold or they have taken it off for some reason, if anyone has a contact number could they send a pm please if he is still available, my sensible head was hoping he would find somewhere nice.

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
The ad has gone, I was going to call this evening although the place that may have fitted well is not available but he has either been sold or they have taken it off for some reason, if anyone has a contact number could they send a pm please if he is still available, my sensible head was hoping he would find somewhere nice.
Its gone from faceache too and I cant recall the advertisers name. Perhaps someone has already collected him? :)

be positive

Visit site
Its gone from faceache too and I cant recall the advertisers name. Perhaps someone has already collected him? :)

I hope so, I really didn't need an extra one at the moment but was concerned he may struggle to find a home if she stuck out for the price, maybe she saw sense although it may also be that someone does think he could be a bit special and has been prepared to pay.

indie1282

Visit site
The ad has gone from Facebook too. It has been removed so I would imagine that someone may have seen this thread, possibly the seller or someone who knows them.

Status
Not open for further replies.