I just bought my first cob! Introduction + feed advice + photos!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
There was some, ahem, interest in him. I had to say that he is NOT for sale. He has been brill. Proper pick up and put down type. Very handsome to boot.

Glad to report his back feet, which were barefoot, are pristine this morning. 2 hours, much of which was crashing over rocks, some roadwork and some cantering in fields... perfect.

I put front boots on, they were also brill. Even at the place where it was so boggy some horses were trying to jump it, launching, pecking, tripping, wading. BH (Yes, BIG Horse) took a look, lowered gently, oiked his legs, carefully, one by one through the bog, very steady, boots never shifted.

Red-1

Visit site
Red you are awesome!
Didn't feel it yesterday, had a paperwork day. Sky reduced me to tears with a man who would not accept the death of my husband as a suitable excuse for not knowing the password to get me through security. He then told me off for telling him David was dead 3 times, as that was apparently unnecessary. I didn't know how else to explain why no, I could not get the password. He told me off many times, nasty tone. When I was reduced to tears he told me I'd got myself worked up and I had to calm down. I put the phone down and dialled agai n and got a lovely lady who sorted everything out.

Last edited:

planete

Visit site
Didn't feel it yesterday, had a paperwork day. Sky reduced me to tears with a man who would not accept the death of my husband as a suitable excused for not knowing the password to get me through security. He then told me off for telling him David was dead 3 times, as that was apparently unnecessary. I didn't know how else to explain why no, I could not get the password. He told me off many times, nasty tone. When I was reduced to tears he told me I'd got myself worked up and I had to calm down. I put the phone down and dialled agai n and got a lovely lady who sorted everything out.
Oh, for crying out loud. I am so angry on your behalf. Xx

SEL

Visit site
Didn't feel it yesterday, had a paperwork day. Sky reduced me to tears with a man who would not accept the death of my husband as a suitable excused for not knowing the password to get me through security. He then told me off for telling him David was dead 3 times, as that was apparently unnecessary. I didn't know how else to explain why no, I could not get the password. He told me off many times, nasty tone. When I was reduced to tears he told me I'd got myself worked up and I had to calm down. I put the phone down and dialled agai n and got a lovely lady who sorted everything out.
FFS please write a complaint when you're feeling up to it. That's just appalling and horrendously patronising to boot. I'm seething on your behalf

Surbie

Visit site
Didn't feel it yesterday, had a paperwork day. Sky reduced me to tears with a man who would not accept the death of my husband as a suitable excuse for not knowing the password to get me through security. He then told me off for telling him David was dead 3 times, as that was apparently unnecessary. I didn't know how else to explain why no, I could not get the password. He told me off many times, nasty tone. When I was reduced to tears he told me I'd got myself worked up and I had to calm down. I put the phone down and dialled agai n and got a lovely lady who sorted everything out.

What disgusting behaviour! Their calls should be recorded. Please complain when you can. This is neither normal nor excusable.

I am so glad the ride on BH went so well and the pub ride looks awesome too.

Reacher

Visit site
Wow I am gobsmacked on your behalf ☹️

Lovely pics of you with BH and Rigs

Red-1

Visit site
Wow I am gobsmacked on your behalf ☹️

Lovely pics of you with BH and Rigs
Whereas Matalan were ace. I called in with stacks of clothes I'd bought him for summer. They have a 28 day policy. I didn't have a receipt. I explained, they took the clothes back. Mostly for half price as it is the end of summer but, even so, it was kind of them and that too made me feel weepy!

I had to clear two rooms out last night for the builder. It is hard. I have a car full of rubbish for the tip too. By the time I have finished each day, I am too tired/ it is too late to watch TV. I missed Strictly! It must be on catch up somewhere?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
A bit of ride and lead today. First time for both of them. They were models of good behaviour, even had a trot.
So glad you had fun today and your pair are awesome. It is such an essential skill to teach them to ride and lead and can make life so much easier for everyone.
On our local fun ride, a woman came off a very stroppy ID, did her ankle so off to hospital while muggins here and hubby had to help her hubby and friend with three horses. Neither BSO (big stroppy one) or youngster had a clue about ride and lead or their riders too so ended up leading the youngster (who was lovely and obliging seeing as it was its first party) over a mile to a yard where it could be loaded onto trailer and the others ridden back to their box at the field. If it had been me, BSO would have trotted all the way back and around again for good measure to learn a lesson; I can't abide horses that are stroppy or don't listen and there was no excuse for it as it was 12 years old!

Red-1

Visit site
So glad you had fun today and your pair are awesome.
On our local fun ride, a woman came off a very stroppy ID, did her ankle so off to hospital while muggins here and hubby had to help her hubby and friend with three horses. Neither BSO (big stroppy one) or youngster had a clue about ride and lead or their riders too so ended up leading the youngster (who was lovely and obliging seeing as it was its first party) over a mile to a yard where it could be loaded onto trailer and the others ridden back to their box at the field. If it had been me, BSO would have trotted all the way back and around again for good measure to learn a lesson; I can't abide horses that are stroppy or don't listen and there was no excuse for it as it was 12 years old!
I do like to teach my horses life skills. Sets you up for success.